P-t-Amylphenol Market: Introduction
- P-t-Amylphenol, also known as phenol, is an aromatic compound. It has related structure to that of alcohol, but has higher acidity levels. P-t-Amylphenol is a volatile white crystalline solid. It can cause chemical burns due to its acidic property. Earlier, P-t-Amylphenol was extracted from coal tar; however, it can now be extracted from petroleum due to the improvement in its commercial viability. Cumene oxidation is a common as well as important technology utilized in the production process of P-t-Amylphenol. Its key by product is acetone. Major advantages of phenol include its conversion into plastics as well as other related materials.
- Phenol is widely deployed in numerous applications such as medical, paints & coatings, cool refineries, resin paints, electrical equipment, textile, wood, and dyeing. Additionally, phenol is utilized in industrial applications such as flame retardants, adhesive & sealant chemicals, fuel additives, and abrasives. Furthermore, phenol is employed in bedding products, floor coverings, automotive care products, foam seating, and fuel and related products.
Key Drivers of P-t-Amylphenol Market
- Constant rise in demand for bisphenol A (BPA), which accounts for around half of global P-t-Amylphenol consumption, is a major factor expected to drive the global P-t-Amylphenol market during the forecast period. Consumption of BPA is primarily driven by the rise in demand for polycarbonate products. This is another factor expected to boost the demand for P-t-Amylphenol in the near future.
- Polycarbonates are widely used in OEM, construction, automotive, appliance, and optical media industries. Consumption of BPA is influenced by the increase in demand for epoxy resins. Majority of epoxy resins are manufactured in order to make surface coatings, adhesives, and rigid printed circuit boards. However, consumption of epoxy resins is dependent on automotive production and OEM, and remodeling and construction activities.
- Commercial viability and usage of antioxidant derivatives, which are utilized to manufacture a wide variety of products, is another key factor propelling the demand for p-t-Amylphenol. This, in turn, is projected to drive the global p-t-Amylphenol market in the near future.
- Demand for p-t-Amylphenol is also rising in paints & coatings and resin industries across the globe. In the paints & coatings industry, p-t-Amylphenol is majorly employed in applications such as painting automotive parts as well as corrosion resistant coatings.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Rise in Demand for P-t-Amylphenol-based Products in Paints & Coatings Industry
- Based on application, the global p-t-Amylphenol market can be divided into bisphenol A (BPA), phenolic resins, caprolactam, alkyl phenyls, and others. In terms of revenue, the bisphenol A (BPA) segment is expected to account for significant share of the market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to high demand for antioxidants in OEM and automotive production sectors.
- Based on end-use industry, the global p-t-Amylphenol market can be classified into medical, paints & coatings, cool refineries, electrical equipment, textile, wood, dyeing, and others. In terms of revenue, the paints & coatings segment is likely to hold major share of the global market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global P-t-Amylphenol Market
- In terms of region, the global p-t-Amylphenol market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of revenue, Asia Pacific is projected to account for significant share of the global p-t-Amylphenol market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the rise in demand for p-t-Amylphenol based products in paints & coatings, electrical & electronics, textile, and wood industries in the region. Additionally, rapid expansion of medical industry in countries in the region is expected to drive the p-t-Amylphenol market in Asia Pacific.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Manufacturers in Market
- Key manufacturers are consistently focusing on the development of advanced p-t-Amylphenol in order to expand their reach, improve product offerings, and gain competitive edge in the market
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market Include
- Aditya Birla Chemicals
- Mitsubishi Corporation
- Bayer Material Science
- Shandong Sheng Quan Chemicals Co. Ltd.
- Royal Dutch Shell
- AdvanSix Inc.
- Solvay SA
- PTT Global Chemical Public Company Limited
- CEPSA Química
- Deepak Nitrite Limited
- Domo Investment Group
- Ineos Group Limited
- ALTIVIA Chemicals
Global P-t-Amylphenol Market: Research Scope
Global P-t-Amylphenol Market, by Application
- Bisphenol A (BPA)
- Phenolic Resins
- Alkyl Phenyls
Global P-t-Amylphenol Market, by End-use Industry
- Paints & Coatings
- Cool Refineries
- Electrical Equipment
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.