Nano Metal Oxide: Introduction
- Nano metal oxide exhibits special properties compared to the original metal oxides. When metal oxides are sized to nano scale range, they exhibit various properties such as ultra violet (UV) blocking, formation of suspension, magnetization, and catalyzing. They are primarily used in making Portland cement, paints and coatings, sensors, cosmetic lotions, and catalysts.
- Metal-oxide based nanomaterials play an important role in a wide range of applications including gas sensors, fuel cells, advanced ceramics, chemical sensors, biosensors, batteries, solar cells, pyroelectric, super capacitors, catalysts, and anticorrosion coatings due to properties of nano metal oxides
Key Drivers of Global Nano Metal Oxide Market
- Advancement in life sciences and extensive research conducted in the biomedical sector are expected to drive the nano metal oxide market. Rise in consumption of personal and skincare products is also projected to boost the demand for nano metal oxide.
- Nano metal oxide is used in the production of inks, plastics, cement, and rubbers. It is also utilized as a catalyst and stabilizer for the chemical production process. Furthermore, pharmaceutical and diagnostic companies are continuously investing in research & development to introduce advanced solutions for the treatment of various diseases. Nano metal oxide plays a significant role in drug delivery systems and clinical diagnosis.
- Favorable government & private investments in the aerospace & defense industry are also expected to contribute to the demand for nano metal oxide in the next few years
Silicon Dioxide Type Segment to Dominate the Global Market
- The silicon dioxide segment dominated the nano metal oxide market in 2019. Extensive usage of SiO2 in manufacture of paints, batteries, plastics, cosmetics, glass, and rubber is expected to augment the segment in the near future. Silicon dioxide nanoparticles are also utilized in biomedical applications as drug carriers. They are an integral part of electronic devices.
- Silicon dioxide nanoparticle is an essential element used in the production of optical and glass products, as these are used for fabricating lenses and other optical constituents for high temperature resilient equipment
- Titanium dioxide nanoparticles are used extensively in high-factor sun protection lotions, textile fibers, and wood preservatives. The protective nature of titanium dioxide nanoparticles against UV radiations coupled with its capability of killing bacteria is driving its usage as an ingredient in the manufacture of sunscreens and other personal care products.
Electronics and Optics Application Segments to Dominate Global Market
- Nano metal oxide is majorly used in personal care, medical, optics, electronics, energy storage, and paints & coatings sectors. Electronics and optics application segments accounted for major share of the market in 2019. Nano metal oxide is used in electronic components as it exhibits metallic, semiconductor, or insulation characteristics. These oxides are used in fabricating piezoelectric devices, fuel cells, and coatings. Nano metal oxide is also used for the prevention of corrosion.
- The optical fiber industry is projected to expand at a significant pace over the next few years. Optical fibers are used in fiber lasers, telecommunication, sensors, etc. Sensor coating made using nano metal oxide helps increase the sensor's response time and sensitivity. Furthermore, zinc oxide is widely used in cosmetics and industrial coating applications to protect plastic, textiles, and wood from UV rays.
Covid-19 Impact on Nano Metal Oxide Market
- Restriction in trade and shortage of supply of raw materials from China-based manufacturers due to the COVID-19 pandemic have resulted in a severe demand-supply gap for various products including nano metal oxide. There is expected to be shortage of raw material orders owing to the logistics industry being significantly impacted due to lockdown amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Producers are expected to move away from China to reduce the future risks that would affect the business and lower manufacturers' cluster in a single country in order to smoothen the supply chain
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global Nano Metal Oxide Market
- In terms of region, the global nano metal oxide market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a significant pace by 2030. Emerging economies such as South Korea, India, China, and Indonesia are projected to witness strong economic growth over the next few years. Increase in population and standard of living is expected to boost the purchase of electronics, cosmetics, and technologically advanced medical solutions in Asia Pacific.
- Growth in production of automobiles and rise in investments in the aerospace & defense industry are anticipated to augment the demand for nano metal oxide in Asia Pacific
- Significant investments in development of biomedical engineering in North America is expected to boost the nano metal oxide market in the region. Enactment of stringent regulations in North America and Europe is projected to hinder the nano metal oxide in these regions. Regulatory authorities such as the Food and Drugs Administration, Environmental Protection Agency, and the Health and Consumer Protection Directorate based in the U.S. are investigating the potentially harmful impacts of nano metal oxide on the environment and human health.
Key Players Operating in Market
Companies are expected to invest significantly in research & development activities. Collaborations are also likely to emerge as one of the strategic initiatives adopted by companies engaged in new product development. Capacity expansion and new product launches are prevalent in the industry. Key players operating in the global nano metal oxide market include:
- Sigma-Aldrich Corporation
- US Research Nanomaterials Inc.
- EPRUI Nanoparticles & Microsphere
- Nanophase Technologies Corporation
- Nanoshel LLC
- SkySpring Nanomaterials Inc.
- Baikowski SAS
Global Nano Metal Oxide Market: Research Scope
Global Nano Metal Oxide Market, by Type
- Aluminum Oxide
- Iron Oxide
- Titanium Dioxide
- Silicon Dioxide
- Zinc Oxide
Global Nano Metal Oxide Market, by End-use Industry
- Electronics & Optics
- Medical & Personal Care
- Paints & Coatings
- Energy & Environment
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.