Millable Polyurethane Rubber Market: Introduction
- Millable polyurethane rubber is also called millable gum. It is a solid polymer, which can be processed on internal mixers and rubber mills. Millable polyurethane rubber is often manufactured by reacting polyester or polyether polyols with diisocyanates such as MDI and TDI.
- It possesses properties such as superior abrasion resistance, mechanical strength, and oil and ozone resistance
- Millable polyurethane rubber is widely used in various applications such as rollers & belting, medial, aerospace & defense, and tire. Among these, rollers & belting is the leading segment of the market. Millable polyurethane rubber provide longer wear resistance on the surface of conveyor belt. Thus, rollers & belting is likely to be a major consumer of millable polyurethane rubber in the near future. Malleable polyurethane rubber is also used for sole making, tire fill products, seals, gaskets, bearing, pulley, belts, etc.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Millable Polyurethane Rubber Market
- Millable polyurethane rubber is a polymer that offers characteristics such as high oil and ozone resistance, abrasion resistance, hydrolysis resistance, and mechanical strength. Millable polyurethane rubber is used extensively in the production of rubber covered rollers for paper & printing and footwear industries due to its high abrasion resistance and hydrolysis resistance. Rise in income of the middle class population, increase in spending power, growth in urbanization, and influence of latest fashion trends are some of the major factors driving the footwear market across the globe, especially in Asia Pacific. This is anticipated to boost the demand for rollers in the footwear industry. In turn, this is projected to propel the demand for rubber covered rollers in the near future.
- Increase in demand for material handling of large amount of goods in automotive, food & beverages, retail, and aerospace & defense sectors has led to material safety concerns. Furthermore, increase in supermarket distribution channels and hypermarket chains is likely to fuel the demand for new warehouses and distribution centers. This is anticipated to drive the demand for conveyor & roller systems in the near future, thereby boosting the demand for millable polyurethane rubber in the manufacture of conveyor & roller belts, owing to its excellent mechanical strength and abrasion resistance at the time of material handling.
Stiff Competition from Counterparts and High Flammability to Hamper Market
- Millable polyurethane rubber faces stiff competition from counterparts such as styrene butadiene rubber and natural rubber. These are low cost rubbers and possess similar properties as that of millable polyurethane rubber. This is expected to hamper the market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific Expected to Lead Global Millable Polyurethane Rubber Market
- North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa are the key regions of the global millable polyurethane rubber market
- Asia Pacific dominated the global millable polyurethane rubber market in 2019. Increase in demand for millable polyurethane rubber in rollers & belting, medial, aerospace & defense, tire, and other industries is anticipated to drive the market across the region. Rapid increase in population in countries such as China and India is estimated to boost the demand for demand for food & beverages and e-commerce products, thus fueling the demand for conveyor systems in these industries. These factors are projected to drive the demand for rolling & belting in conveyor systems. This, in turn, is likely to boost the production and consumption of millable polyurethane rubber in Asia Pacific.
- Europe is expected to hold important share of the global millable polyurethane rubber market. Growth in income and increase in standard of living of consumers are fueling the demand for millable polyurethane rubber elastomers in various applications.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in Millable Polyurethane Rubber Market
The global millable polyurethane rubber market is highly concentrated, with top manufacturers accounting for major share. Currently, just a few producers operate in the market. They are extensively engaged in product development activities to increase their presence in the market. Key players operating in the global millable polyurethane rubber market include:
- TSE Industries, Inc.
- Swastik Group of Companies
Global Millable Polyurethane Rubber Market: Research Scope
Global Millable Polyurethane Rubber Market, by Application
- Rollers & Belting
- Aerospace & Defense
Global Millable Polyurethane Rubber Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note:Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.