Mainline electric multiple unit (MEMU) Market: Introduction
- Mainline electric multiple unit is run by electric power that covers short and medium distances. These MEMUs run across cities as well as suburban areas.
- Electrical multiple units are used to transport large number of passengers to and from metropolitan areas. MEMU consists of motor coach and trailer coaches, the motor coach is the driving coach and the trailer coach consist of traction motor and traction electrics. The units such as motor coach and multiple trailer coach form a set of Train.
- MEMU contains similar configuration coaches, which is 10 feet wide in dimension, So that platform constraint is eliminated. Demand for such trains is considerably high across the globe. According to the traffic and population most of the transport authorities and governments are investing in MEMU.
Key drivers of global mainline electric multiple unit (MEMU) market
- The Electric multiple unit is used for short distance in sub urban areas (up to 150kms) which is having frequent stops and starts. While mainline electric multiple unit is used for medium distance (300 to 500 km). Each MEMU train consists of one driving coach at each end. One basic unit of MEMU consist of one motor coach and one trailer coach. MEMU trains normally comprise 16 to 20 trailers.
- The Mainline electrical multiple unit draws an alternating current from over-head electric lines through catenary wire. The rake is made up of steel body with light sliding doors and interior panels are made up of polymer. The trailers are fitted with surveillance cameras, LED lights, and LED indication for chain-pulling, and GPS-based passenger information system.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to be highly lucrative market for mainline electric multiple unit (MEMU)
- Asia Pacific has significant rapid technological development. For instance, China is a key country in terms of research and development in the field of electricity generation. Furthermore, China is witnessing rapid adoption of electric units for both public and personal transport. Strategic partnership between rail factories to increase the production capacity of rail coaches in countries, such India, is expected to boost production of electric units.
- Several high-speed rail projects have been planned in China, U.S., Russia, and several countries across Europe, and commuter rail projects have been planned in Latin America and Africa, which would benefit the MEMU rail industry. Investors such as Titagarh wagons Ltd., Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd, Braithwaite and company are looking to invest in rail projects. This in turn is estimated to boost the market in Asia Pacific.
Key players operating in mainline electric multiple unit (MEMU) market
The mainline electric multiple unit (MEMU) market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of several top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the market are:
- Titagarh Wagons Ltd.
- Zuba Corporation
- Siemens AG
- Burn Standard Ltd.
- Braithwaite Co. Ltd.
- Dawnsys Pvt Ltd.
- Hyundai Rotem Company
- Secheron SA
- Kawasaki Heavy industries Ltd.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Mainline Electric Multiple Unit (MEMU) Market, Request for a Sample
Global Mainline Electric Multiple Unit (MEMU) Market: Research Scope
Global Mainline Electric Multiple Unit (MEMU) Market, by Component
- Propulsion system
- Auxiliary Power Supply system
- Traction motor
- Variable voltage variable frequency inverter(VVVF)
- Static inverter
Global Mainline Electric Multiple Unit (MEMU) Market, by Power Supply System
- Silicon Insulated gate bipolar transistors
- Silicon carbide Metal-oxide semiconductor field effect transistor
Global Mainline Electric Multiple Unit (MEMU) Market, by System
- Alternating Current System
- Direct Current System
- Alternating/ Direct Current multisystem
Global Mainline Electric Multiple Unit (MEMU) Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.