Mainline electric multiple unit (MEMU) Market: Introduction
- Mainline electric multiple unit is run by electric power that covers short and medium distances. These MEMUs run across cities as well as suburban areas.
- Electrical multiple units are used to transport large number of passengers to and from metropolitan areas. MEMU consists of motor coach and trailer coaches, the motor coach is the driving coach and the trailer coach consist of traction motor and traction electrics. The units such as motor coach and multiple trailer coach form a set of Train.
- MEMU contains similar configuration coaches, which is 10 feet wide in dimension, So that platform constraint is eliminated. Demand for such trains is considerably high across the globe. According to the traffic and population most of the transport authorities and governments are investing in MEMU.
Key drivers of global mainline electric multiple unit (MEMU) market
- The Electric multiple unit is used for short distance in sub urban areas (up to 150kms) which is having frequent stops and starts. While mainline electric multiple unit is used for medium distance (300 to 500 km). Each MEMU train consists of one driving coach at each end. One basic unit of MEMU consist of one motor coach and one trailer coach. MEMU trains normally comprise 16 to 20 trailers.
- The Mainline electrical multiple unit draws an alternating current from over-head electric lines through catenary wire. The rake is made up of steel body with light sliding doors and interior panels are made up of polymer. The trailers are fitted with surveillance cameras, LED lights, and LED indication for chain-pulling, and GPS-based passenger information system.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to be highly lucrative market for mainline electric multiple unit (MEMU)
- Asia Pacific has significant rapid technological development. For instance, China is a key country in terms of research and development in the field of electricity generation. Furthermore, China is witnessing rapid adoption of electric units for both public and personal transport. Strategic partnership between rail factories to increase the production capacity of rail coaches in countries, such India, is expected to boost production of electric units.
- Several high-speed rail projects have been planned in China, U.S., Russia, and several countries across Europe, and commuter rail projects have been planned in Latin America and Africa, which would benefit the MEMU rail industry. Investors such as Titagarh wagons Ltd., Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd, Braithwaite and company are looking to invest in rail projects. This in turn is estimated to boost the market in Asia Pacific.
Key players operating in mainline electric multiple unit (MEMU) market
The mainline electric multiple unit (MEMU) market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of several top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the market are:
- Titagarh Wagons Ltd.
- Zuba Corporation
- Siemens AG
- Burn Standard Ltd.
- Braithwaite Co. Ltd.
- Dawnsys Pvt Ltd.
- Hyundai Rotem Company
- Secheron SA
- Kawasaki Heavy industries Ltd.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Mainline Electric Multiple Unit (MEMU) Market, Request for a Sample
Global Mainline Electric Multiple Unit (MEMU) Market: Research Scope
Global Mainline Electric Multiple Unit (MEMU) Market, by Component
- Propulsion system
- Auxiliary Power Supply system
- Traction motor
- Variable voltage variable frequency inverter(VVVF)
- Static inverter
Global Mainline Electric Multiple Unit (MEMU) Market, by Power Supply System
- Silicon Insulated gate bipolar transistors
- Silicon carbide Metal-oxide semiconductor field effect transistor
Global Mainline Electric Multiple Unit (MEMU) Market, by System
- Alternating Current System
- Direct Current System
- Alternating/ Direct Current multisystem
Global Mainline Electric Multiple Unit (MEMU) Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.