Locomotive and Rail Powertrain Systems Market: Introduction
- Enactment of mandatory emission regulations coupled with emergence of innovative emission control technologies are anticipated to drive the global locomotive and rail powertrain systems market. Locomotive and rail powertrain systems are witnessing a drastic change, globally, owing to increasing impact of emission standards and changes in emission control technologies.
- Various major players engaged in the development of powertrain systems catering to locomotive and railways are emphasizing on technologies that monitor and control emission. This, in turn, has enabled the aforementioned players to become key differentiators within the industry.
Key drivers of Locomotive and Rail Powertrain Systems Market
- Regulatory authorities on the environment, such as Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) and European Environment Agency (EEA), have enacted stringent regulations and standards to keep a check on diesel particulate matter and nitrogen oxide being emitted by traditional locomotives and railways. This, in turn, is compelling OEMs to re-invent technologies that potentially would lead to the introduction of newer trends in the near future.
- The availability of standards in terms of design and manufacturing of powertrain systems for locomotives and rails is expected to propel the global locomotive and rail powertrain systems market. This, in turn, is compelling OEMs to standardize their design platforms to gain prominence in the market and consequently, eliminate the need for individual designs.
- Major players in the global locomotive and rail powertrain systems market are focused on weight reduction and improvement of aerodynamics of the locomotive and rails in order to reduce the environmental impact. OEMs are anticipated to continue development of products through light weighting and improved aerodynamics for locomotives and rails, which is likely to boost operating efficiency of locomotives while meeting the requirements of all government agencies globally.
- Technological advances in terms of power electronics is expected to boost the global locomotive and rail powertrain systems market. For instance, IGBTs, i.e. Insulated Gate Bipolar Transistors, are considered to be the next-generation electronics that are being adopted in modern electric traction systems and diesel electric rail machines. IGBTs offer several benefits over their counterparts GTOs (Gate Turn Off thyristors), such as oil-free compressor design that minimizes the power consumption resulting in optimal fuel consumption. Furthermore, IGBTs are cost effective.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America and Europe combined accounted for prominent share of global locomotive and rail powertrain systems market
- In terms of region, the global locomotive and rail powertrain systems market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa. North America and Europe has presence of economically stable countries. These regions are also home to technologically advanced research institutes catering to the development of fuel-efficient technologies. Additionally, major players have established their technological centers and manufacturing facilities in various countries including the U.S., Germany, the U.K., and France. All the factors mentioned above contributed to the major share held by these regions in the global locomotive and rail powertrain systems market.
- However, the imposition of lockdown across the globe owing to the coronavirus pandemic is estimated to hamper the global locomotive and rail powertrain systems market in 2020
Key Players Operating in Locomotive and Rail Powertrain Systems Market
The global locomotive and rail powertrain systems market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global locomotive and rail powertrain systems market are:
- Hitachi Ltd
- CRRC Corporation Limited
- AEG Power Solutions
- Turbo Power Systems
- Alstom S.A
- Toshiba Corporation
- Siemens AG
- Valeo SA
- Cummins Inc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Locomotive and Rail Powertrain Systems Market, Request for a Sample
Global Locomotive and Rail Powertrain Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Locomotive and Rail Powertrain Systems Market, by Technology
- IGBT Module
- GTO Thyristor
- SiC Module
Global Locomotive and Rail Powertrain Systems Market, by Power Conversion Components
- Traction motor
- Auxiliary power conversion Unit
Global Locomotive and Rail Powertrain Systems Market, by Locomotive and Rail Type
- Diesel Multiple Unit (DMU)
- Electric Multiple Unit (EMU)
Global Locomotive and Rail Powertrain Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.