Liquid Polysufide Polymers Market: Highlights
- Liquid polysulfide polymers are considerably old specialty elastomers. They offer resistance to chemicals, possess electrical properties, low-temperature flexibility, high impermeability to several gases and moisture, good adhesion properties, and provide resistance to oxygen, ozone, and flex-cracks.
- These low- to high-viscosity polymers have highly reactive terminal thiol or epoxy groups and are extensively employed as sealants for insulating glass windows, sealants in construction, sealants for aircraft fuel tanks and fuselages, epoxy modifiers, or intumescent protective coatings
- These polymers have been commercialized in diverse viscosities, molecular weights, sulfhydryl (SH) contents, and branching. The average molecular weight as a measure of chain length, SH-content and degree of branching determines the viscosity.
- Liquid polysulfide polymers are soluble in solvents such as benzene, toluene, and dichlorethane. They are partially soluble in aliphatic esters and ketones. Plasticizers, such as different phthalates, benzoates or chlorinated paraffins, are chemically compatible with liquid polysulfide polymers. Highly reactive thiol end-groups make polysulfide polymers react under the influence of oxidizing agents, epoxies, isocyanates or acrylates by forming highly elastic and rubber-like high-molecular-weight macromolecules without significant physical shrinking.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Liquid Polysufide Polymers Market
Key Drivers of Liquid Polysufide Polymers Market
- Liquid polysufide polymers are utilized as a base polymer for sealant in construction and civil engineering projects. Moreover, these polymers play a vital role in state-of-the-art construction technologies including construction of high-rise buildings. The number of construction activities across the globe have been increasing for the last few years. According to the Statistics Bureau, the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications of Japan, the country spent US$ 287.51 Bn on construction activities in 2017; of this, US$ 156.81 Bn was spent on residential buildings and 130.69 Bn on non-residential buildings. Thus, expansion of the construction industry is estimated to drive the demand for liquid polysufide polymers during the forecast period.
- The U.S. also spends significantly on construction activities. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the Government spent approximately US$ 1,303,469 Mn on overall construction activities in 2019.
Liquid Polysufide Polymers Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global liquid polysufide polymers market can be segmented into building and construction, aerospace, automotive, electronics, and others
- The building and construction segment is projected to account for a significant share of the global liquid polysufide polymers market during the forecast period
- Aerospace, automotive, and electronics segments are expected to expand at a healthy growth rate and offer significant incremental opportunities during the forecast period
Liquid Polysufide Polymers Market: Covid-19 Impact
- The liquid polysufide polymers industry has been highly impacted due to lockdowns triggered by the pandemic. Shortage in availability of raw materials and stringent government regulations on shutting down manufacturing units have impacted the overall supply and demand for liquid polysufide polymers. Liquid polysufide polymers are primarily utilized in the building & construction industry.
- The effect of COVID 19 on the construction industry varied in different regions across the globe. The U.S. witnessed mass layoffs in construction as well as other sectors. Germany experienced 8% decline in revenue and 45% lower margins due to reduced or postponed construction spending due to the COVID-19 crisis. Therefore, disruption in the construction industry has adversely impacted the liquid polysufide polymers market, as these are used as sealants for insulating glass windows and other construction applications.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Liquid Polysufide Polymers Market
- In terms of region, the global liquid polysufide polymers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. In Asia Pacific, the consumption of liquid polysufide polymers is much higher as compared to that in other regions.
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific holds a major share of the market. It is followed by North America and Europe.
- In terms of volume and value, Asia Pacific accounted for a vital share of the global liquid polysufide polymers market in 2019. Rise in usage of liquid polysufide polymers as a sealant in residential and commercial construction applications is expected to drive the market in the region. In China, the overall investment in real-estate has increased by 6% since 2015 to more than US$ 1.8 Trn in 2018. China has been investing significantly in residential buildings.
- Europe also held a notable share of the global liquid polysufide polymers market in 2019. Significant expansion of end-use industries and increase in number of domestic players in vertical market segments are key factors boosting the market in the region.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period owing to the sluggish economic development in countries of Rest of Latin America and Middle East & Africa.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Liquid Polysufide Polymers Market: Research Scope
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global liquid polysufide polymers market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Toray Fine Chemicals Co. Ltd.
- Kazan Synthetic Rubber Plant
Global Liquid Polysufide Polymers Market, by Application
- Building and Construction
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.