Liquid Polysufide Polymers Market: Highlights
- Liquid polysulfide polymers are considerably old specialty elastomers. They offer resistance to chemicals, possess electrical properties, low-temperature flexibility, high impermeability to several gases and moisture, good adhesion properties, and provide resistance to oxygen, ozone, and flex-cracks.
- These low- to high-viscosity polymers have highly reactive terminal thiol or epoxy groups and are extensively employed as sealants for insulating glass windows, sealants in construction, sealants for aircraft fuel tanks and fuselages, epoxy modifiers, or intumescent protective coatings
- These polymers have been commercialized in diverse viscosities, molecular weights, sulfhydryl (SH) contents, and branching. The average molecular weight as a measure of chain length, SH-content and degree of branching determines the viscosity.
- Liquid polysulfide polymers are soluble in solvents such as benzene, toluene, and dichlorethane. They are partially soluble in aliphatic esters and ketones. Plasticizers, such as different phthalates, benzoates or chlorinated paraffins, are chemically compatible with liquid polysulfide polymers. Highly reactive thiol end-groups make polysulfide polymers react under the influence of oxidizing agents, epoxies, isocyanates or acrylates by forming highly elastic and rubber-like high-molecular-weight macromolecules without significant physical shrinking.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Liquid Polysufide Polymers Market
Key Drivers of Liquid Polysufide Polymers Market
- Liquid polysufide polymers are utilized as a base polymer for sealant in construction and civil engineering projects. Moreover, these polymers play a vital role in state-of-the-art construction technologies including construction of high-rise buildings. The number of construction activities across the globe have been increasing for the last few years. According to the Statistics Bureau, the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications of Japan, the country spent US$ 287.51 Bn on construction activities in 2017; of this, US$ 156.81 Bn was spent on residential buildings and 130.69 Bn on non-residential buildings. Thus, expansion of the construction industry is estimated to drive the demand for liquid polysufide polymers during the forecast period.
- The U.S. also spends significantly on construction activities. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the Government spent approximately US$ 1,303,469 Mn on overall construction activities in 2019.
Liquid Polysufide Polymers Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the global liquid polysufide polymers market can be segmented into building and construction, aerospace, automotive, electronics, and others
- The building and construction segment is projected to account for a significant share of the global liquid polysufide polymers market during the forecast period
- Aerospace, automotive, and electronics segments are expected to expand at a healthy growth rate and offer significant incremental opportunities during the forecast period
Liquid Polysufide Polymers Market: Covid-19 Impact
- The liquid polysufide polymers industry has been highly impacted due to lockdowns triggered by the pandemic. Shortage in availability of raw materials and stringent government regulations on shutting down manufacturing units have impacted the overall supply and demand for liquid polysufide polymers. Liquid polysufide polymers are primarily utilized in the building & construction industry.
- The effect of COVID 19 on the construction industry varied in different regions across the globe. The U.S. witnessed mass layoffs in construction as well as other sectors. Germany experienced 8% decline in revenue and 45% lower margins due to reduced or postponed construction spending due to the COVID-19 crisis. Therefore, disruption in the construction industry has adversely impacted the liquid polysufide polymers market, as these are used as sealants for insulating glass windows and other construction applications.
Asia Pacific to be Key Region of Global Liquid Polysufide Polymers Market
- In terms of region, the global liquid polysufide polymers market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. In Asia Pacific, the consumption of liquid polysufide polymers is much higher as compared to that in other regions.
- In terms of demand, Asia Pacific holds a major share of the market. It is followed by North America and Europe.
- In terms of volume and value, Asia Pacific accounted for a vital share of the global liquid polysufide polymers market in 2019. Rise in usage of liquid polysufide polymers as a sealant in residential and commercial construction applications is expected to drive the market in the region. In China, the overall investment in real-estate has increased by 6% since 2015 to more than US$ 1.8 Trn in 2018. China has been investing significantly in residential buildings.
- Europe also held a notable share of the global liquid polysufide polymers market in 2019. Significant expansion of end-use industries and increase in number of domestic players in vertical market segments are key factors boosting the market in the region.
- The market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period owing to the sluggish economic development in countries of Rest of Latin America and Middle East & Africa.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Global Liquid Polysufide Polymers Market: Research Scope
Key Manufacturers Operating in Market
The global liquid polysufide polymers market was highly fragmented in 2019. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- Toray Fine Chemicals Co. Ltd.
- Kazan Synthetic Rubber Plant
Global Liquid Polysufide Polymers Market, by Application
- Building and Construction
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.