Hydro Anthracite: Introduction
- Hydro-anthracite is a filtration material made by sorting crushed anthracite coal. This filtering material is designed to be utilized for water treatment, and is produced by grinding and sieving of natural anthracite that is previously put through heat treatment. The very tough grains of this filter material are characterized by their structure.
- Anthracite is a significantly hard, clean and metamorphosed type of coal. Hydro-anthracite being an anthracite coal has beneficial features such as high carbon content, coal-low sulfur, and negligible impurities. Anthracite has been providing even, comfortable heating in homes, hospitals, office buildings, schools, military bases, and other institutions throughout the world. Anthracite as a fuel source, possesses various advantages over its more well-known substitutes, such as oil, cord wood, gas, electricity, and wood pellets.
- Anthracite is extracted almost exclusively from previously disturbed sites. After retrieving the coal from the old mines, the land is filled in and reclaimed. The two major ways to mine anthracite coal are deep or underground mining and surface or open pit mining. Deep mining comprises a system of shafts, slopes, and rock tunnels connecting the veins being mined. Surface mining or open pit mining is carried out on hillsides and is visible from the exterior.
- Hydro-anthracite conforms to the purity conditions defined in the regulations concerning mineral products used in water treatment for human consumption. Hydro-anthracite is a cost-effective, reliable system that requires minimal maintenance due to the stability of the grains. Hydro-anthracite is extensively utilized due to its economic advantage such as the longer filtration lifecycle, reduced washing water consumption, and a decreased head loss, without requiring a larger plant.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Hydro Anthracite Market
- Particles of hydro-anthracite are angular and irregular in shape and size; hence, they do not compact. This shape enables contaminant particles from the water to be suspended throughout the depth of the filter bed, preventing caking and allowing for longer filter run times. Longer filter runs offer benefits such as less frequent backwashing, which increases productivity and decreases operating expenses. Increase in demand for safe and clean drinking water, owing to an increase in global population has prompted various water treatment plants to provide clean water for drinking. This is estimated to drive the global hydro anthracites market during the forecast period.
- Surge in industrialization in developed as well as developing countries due to technological advancements is leading to contamination of wastewater. This wastewater needs to be filtered before releasing it directly into the environment. Thus, an increase in the demand from various industrial sectors is anticipated to drive the global hydro anthracites market in the near future.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
Hydro Anthracite: Application Segment
- Based on the resin type, the global hydro anthracites market has been segmented into drinking water treatment, swimming pool water treatment, waste-water treatment, industrial water treatment, municipal water treatment, and others (heating, ceramics, etc.).
- The drinking water treatment segment is expected to hold a significant share of the global hydro anthracites market during the forecast period, owing to a significant increase in the demand for clean and safe drinking water globally
Covid-19 Impact on Hydro Anthracite Market
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating on a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic. Various manufacturing activities of different materials and products across the globe came to a halt due to the unavailability of raw materials, shortage of labor, and other reasons. This, in turn, is expected to hamper the global hydro anthracites market to some extent.
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for Hydro Anthracite
- In terms of region, the global hydro anthracite market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The market in Asia Pacific is expected to dominate in the global hydro anthracite market during the forecast period. This expansion can be attributed to high demand from various water treatment plants, owing to an increase in population and industrialization in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Hydro Anthracite Market
The global hydro anthracite market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating for hydro anthracite in the global market include:
- RESORBENT, s.r.o.
- African Pegmatite
- Lenntech B.V.
- EVERS GmbH & Co. KG
- Western Carbons
- Wetco Egypt
- Prominer (Shanghai) Mining Technology Co.,Ltd.
Global Hydro Anthracite Market: Research Scope
Global Hydro Anthracite Market, by Grain Size
- 0.6 – 1.6 mm
- 1.4 – 2.5 mm
- 2.0 – 4.0 mm
- 4.0 – 8.0 mm
Global Hydro Anthracite Market, by Application
- Drinking Water Treatment
- Swimming pool Water Treatment
- Waste-Water Treatment
- Industrial Water Treatment
- Municipal Water Treatment
- Others (heating, ceramics, etc.)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.