D-Arabinose Market: Introduction
- Arabinose is a five-carbon sugar that is found widely in nature. It can serve as a sole carbon source in many bacteria. Protein products from three genes (araB, araA, and araD) are needed for arabinose degradation in members of the enterobacteriaceae family, such as E. coli and S. typhimurium, and these genes form a cluster abbreviated araBAD.
- Arabinose is an aldopentose, a monosaccharide containing an aldehyde (CHO) functional group. For biosynthetic reasons, most saccharides are almost always more abundant in nature as the "D"-form, or structurally analogous to D-glyceraldehyde.
- D-arabinose is a substrate used to identify, differentiate, and characterize arabinose isomerase(s) that have commercial value in the production of tagatose, a low calorie sweetener
Key Drivers and Restraints of D-arabinose Market
- Eating habits of people have become uncertain and unhealthy, due to increasing consumption of fast food and food with artificially added ingredients. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), 40 million children aged five years or below across the world were overweight or obese in 2018. Sugar is considered one of the key factors causing obesity.
- D-arabinose is a kind of natural sweetener extracted from corn cob, which can be used as a substitute for sugar in food and beverages. Increase in usage of D-arabinose, led by its health benefits, is expected to drive the global D-arabinose market during the forecast period. When used as a part of diet, D-arabinose offers benefits such as reduction in chances of development of heart diseases, lowering of the blood cholesterol level, management of body weight and composition, and prevention of type 2 diabetes. According to the International Diabetes Federation, approximately 463 million adults (aged 20–79 years) were suffering from diabetes in 2019. The number is expected to rise to 700 million by 2045. Rise in demand for D-arabinose in the pharmaceutical sector is expected to drive the global D-arabinose market during the forecast period. However, lack of awareness about D-arabinose's health benefits among individuals and high demand for L-arabinose are key factors that are expected to restrain the global market during the forecast period
D-arabinose Market: Application Segment
- Based on application, the D-arabinose market can be divided into pharmaceuticals, food & beverages, and others
- Increase in usage of D-arabinose as a sugar substitute in the food & beverages industry is boosting the food & beverages segment of the market
- The pharmaceuticals segment is expected to expand at a considerable CAGR during the forecast period. D-arabinose's added benefits, such as management of cholesterol level, and prevention of diabetes and heart diseases, is creating lucrative opportunities for the pharmaceuticals segment during the forecast period.
COVID-19 Impact on Global D-arabinose Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 214 countries and territories around the world.
- Several governments and private sector businesses are operating at a limited capacity or have ceased operations completely due to recent events surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic.
- The outbreak of COVID-19 has negatively impacted the global D-arabinose market. Disruption in the supply chain has adversely hampered the market amid the pandemic.
Asia Pacific to Hold Leading Share of D-arabinose Market
- In terms of region, the D-arabinose market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is expected to hold major share of the global D-arabinose market, followed by North America and Europe, during the forecast period
- Growth of the food & beverages sector in Asia Pacific is driving the demand for D-arabinose in the region
- The market in North America is expected to expand significantly in terms of value during the forecast period. Increase in usage of D-arabinose in the pharmaceutical sector in North America is estimated to propel the market in the region.
Key Manufacturers in Global D-arabinose Market
The global D-arabinose market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the D-arabinose market include:
- Otto Chemie
- Central Drug House Ltd
- Henan DaKen Chemical CO.,LTD
- Zhuozhou Wenxi import and Export Co., Ltd
- Dideu Industries Group Limited
- Dayang Chem (Hangzhou) Co.,Ltd
- Sisco Research Laboratories Pvt. Ltd
- Adipogen Life Sciences
- Jigs Chemical
D-Arabinose: Research Scope
D-Arabinose Market, by Application
- Food & Beverages
D-Arabinose Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.