Foam Adhesive Films Market Introduction
- Foam adhesive is a modified epoxy material supplied in a sheet form that can be applied by free foaming or restrained foaming processes. Multiple products of foam adhesive films are available in the market. They are specifically designed to minimize variation in cell structure caused by heat up rays and vacuum conditions. Urethane, vinyl, acrylic, and rubber are some of the foam base materials.
- Film adhesive is one of the simplest methods of adhesives applied to the subject to be bonded. Adhesives are commonly available in the film format. Application of adhesive in dry film plays a key role in clean, hazard-free operation, with less wastage. Foam adhesives are used in various industries such as manufacturing and construction. Foam adhesive is a polyurethane-based bonding agent. It is commonly used in construction and building materials. Foam bonding is nothing but the process of bonding foams and foams with materials. It is achieved by foams or glues. These adhesives are commonly used in drywall, plywood, and roof materials. They provide watertight, solid bond between materials and are available in tubes and spray. Polyurethane is a core material in foam adhesive with water resistant, fluctuation in temperature, and durable properties.
Key Drivers of Foam Adhesive Films Market
- Growth of automobile and construction industries is a key driver of the global foam adhesive films market. Furniture is also one of the high potential industries for the foam adhesive films market. Demand for mattresses and pillows, and automotive seating is high across the globe.
- Many industries use foam adhesives as part of the manufacturing and construction processes. There are various types of foam adhesives such as water-based foam, solvent-based adhesive, and hot melt adhesive. The water-based foam type is beneficial for the mattress industry, as it is safe and user friendly and beneficial for increasing production. Expansion of the automotive production has led to an increase in the usage of water-based adhesives, as they are convenient for application and removal.
- Other industries such as electrical & electronics, aerospace, and packaging are also major end-users of foam adhesives. Growth of these industries is one of the prominent factors of the foam adhesive films market.
Restraints of Global Foam Adhesive Films Market
- Availability of substitutes and variation in government rules and laws in different region have led to some difficulties in terms of supply chain. This is hampering the global foam adhesive films market.
COVID-19 Impact on Foam Adhesive Films Market
- Asia Pacific has experienced a surge in COVID-19 cases. This has led hampered the manufacturing and supply chain. The pandemic has negatively impacted the value chain of foam adhesives. This is expected to hinder the demand for foam adhesive films during the forecast period.
- Key players operating in the foam adhesive films market are primarily tier I and tier II manufacturers and suppliers. Manufacture and supply chain facilities of these players are spread across various countries in Asia Pacific, Europe, North America, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa. Numerous players have halted their production output in the last few months due to the COVID-19 pandemic. The pandemic has negatively impacted the demand and supply chain of these materials. Thus, demand for foam adhesive films is likely to be adversely affected in the near future.
Competitive Landscape of Global Foam Adhesive Films Market
- Major players operating in the global foam adhesive films market are adopting various organic and inorganic growth strategies such as joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, expansion, collaborations, new product launches, strategic alliances, and research and development to increase their regional presence and business operations
- The market is currently witnessing fierce competition among several leading players. Key players operating in the market include:
Global Foam Adhesive Films: Research Scope
Global Foam Adhesive Films, by Product Type
- Water-based Foam Adhesives
- Hot Melt Adhesives
- Solvent-based Foam Adhesives
Global Foam Adhesive Films, by End-use Industry
Global Foam Adhesive Films, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!