Fiber Coating: Introduction
- Fiber coating is a method that is used to monitor wetting, adhesion, and cleaning. Carbon fiber is one of the widely used fiber coating materials. This compound has revolutionized the industries in following ways:
- Strength: The compound is 15 times stronger that steel. This means that a crack shaft component made from carbon fiber can withstand 15 times more pressure and load than a steel component of the same size. This is a vital benefit that is boosting the global fiber coating market. Automotive industry is a major user of carbon fiber. Majority of the components in the industry need to withstand immense pressure and temperature.
- Light Weight: Components made using carbon fiber are extremely light in weight. Thus, the amount of load that was initially carried by 10 kg of steel can now be easily carried by just 2 pounds of carbon fiber compounds. Production of carbon fiber is also easy and cost-effective than that of steel. This is also propelling the global fiber coating market.
- Carbon fiber coatings are largely used in electronics, automotive, and aerospace industries. The fiber coating method is being increasingly used in textile and oil & gas industries. The fiber coating market has been expanding significantly since the last few years. This trend is expected to continue in the next few years.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Fiber Coating Market
- Demand for fiber coating materials is rising in various industries. These materials provide immense strength to moving components of machines, thus improving their reliability and productivity. Components made for these materials are extremely strong and light in weight. This adds to their performance and efficiency. Based on these benefits, industries across the globe are adopting fiber coating materials. This is boosting the global fiber coating market.
- The cost of production of these materials is also quite low. This is also a major factor that is propelling the global fiber coating market.
Fiber Coating Market: Type Segment
- Major types of fiber coating are optical anti-reflection coatings, high-reflection coatings, transparent conductive coatings, filter coatings, and electrochromic coatings
Fiber Coating Market: End-use Industry Segment
- Industries wherein fiber coatings are employed include electronics, textile, automotive, aerospace, and oil & gas
- Fiber coatings are primarily used in the electronics industry. Fiber coatings are applied for wetting and adhesion, coating thickness, coating dynamics, and foam prevention. In coating thickness, surface tension difference is created. Surfactant molecules gather in the coating bath to reduce the effect, as molecules quickly move from the micelles to the new surface, decreasing the surface tension. In coating dynamics, the coating process usually moves at a high speed. Foam can be made for high dynamics of the coating process. Foam bubbles cling to the fiber, which implies loss of strength and regularity of the coating.
Covid-19 Impact on Fiber Coating Market
- On January 30, 2020, the International Health Regulations Emergency Committee of the World Health Organization (WHO) declared the Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak a public health emergency of international concern. Originating in China, the virus has spread to at least 213 countries and territories around the world.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has impacted a large number of countries across the globe. Various measures introduced to combat the pandemic such as lockdowns, decrease in trade activities, and closure of various factories and workplaces could save lives. However, they carry wide-ranging economic effects, thus inducing economic contagion.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has adversely affected economies across the globe in various sectors. Key segments of manufacturing have temporarily shut down in several countries across the globe. This, in turn, has hampered the global fiber coating market.
Asia Pacific to Dominate Fiber Coating Market
- In terms of region, the global fiber coating market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a major region of the global fiber coating market, led by the growth of end-use industries. Companies operating in the fiber coating market in Asia Pacific and North America are investing significantly in research and development activities to expand their product portfolio and geographical footprint.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Fiber Coating Market
The global fiber coating market was consolidated in 2020. Major players have prominent presence in developed and developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global fiber coating market include:
- DuPont De Nemours Company
- PPG Industries
- Zeiss Group
- Nippon Sheet Glass Co., Ltd.
- Abrisa Technologies
- Newport Corporation
- Inrad Optical, Inc.
- Reynad Corporation
- Artemis Optical Ltd.
Global Fiber Coating Market: Research Scope
Global Fiber Coating Market, by Type
- Optical Anti-reflection Coatings
- High-reflection Coatings
- Transparent Conductive Coatings
- Filter Coatings
- Electrochromic Coatings
Global Fiber Coating Market, by End-use Industry
- Oil & Gas
Global Fiber Coating Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!