Driver Attention Assist Systems Market: Introduction
- Increase in demand for driver safety is fueling the demand for driver attention assist systems in vehicles. Several factors including entertainment systems in vehicle, drowsiness, fatigue, and drinking & driving can be a cause of distraction for the driver, which may lead to a vehicle crash. Driver attention assist systems can alert the driver to prevent vehicle crashes.
- The driver attention assist system warns the driver through distraction warning, drowsiness warning, alarms and flashing light indicators. The system employs cameras, steering angle sensors, and infrared sensors to detect the distraction of the vehicle driver.
Key drivers of global driver attention assist systems market
- Stringent legislations and vehicle standards enforced by government bodies and regulatory authorities to reduce the number of vehicle crashes is expected to propel the global driver attention assist systems market. This, in turn is compelling automakers to add new safety features for drivers as well as passengers and vehicles. This is projected to drive the driver attention assist systems market during the forecast period.
- Research and development on systems that increase the driver’s attention in order to increase the vehicle occupant safety is driving the global driver attention assist systems market. For instance, fatigue is the leading cause of driver’s drowsiness, which endangers the safety of the driver and other vehicle occupants. Robert Bosch GmbH has developed a driver drowsiness detection system that uses sensors embedded in the vehicle steering to detect irregular driving behavior. This system advises driver to take a break on detection of fatigue or drowsiness.
- Major automakers including Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Ford, Volkswagen, and Volvo, are offering safety features, such as monitoring driver attention, that monitor the driving behavior of the vehicle driver and alert him/her in case the system foresees an imminent threat to the vehicle. The driver attention assist system can be programmed to detect whether the driver has taken preventive measures to mitigate the threat. If no measures are detected, the automatic braking system is initiated to stop the vehicle.
- Rising trend of vehicle safety through integrated driver wellness management is another key factor that is anticipated to boost the demand for driver attention alert system. However, the high cost of installation of the system coupled with limited integration in entry level vehicles is likely to restrain the driver attention assist system market during the forecast period.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
North America and Europe to hold significant share of global driver attention assist systems market
- North America and Europe, together, are anticipated to account for a major share of the global driver attention assist system market owing to the high rate of adoption of advanced driver attention assist systems in conjunction with stern safety regulations enforced by regulatory authorities in these regions. This, in turn, drives the penetration of the driver attention assist system in vehicles in these regions.
- Significant presence of leading auto manufacturers, equipment manufacturer, and aftermarket players in these regions coupled with availability of automotive components, especially in Europe, is anticipated to propel the driver attention assist system market in these regions
Key players operating in global driver attention assist systems market
The global driver attention assist systems market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global driver attention assist systems market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- TATA ELXSI
- Kritikal Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
- Ford Motor Company
- Tobii AB
- Continental AG
- Delphi Technologies
- DENSO CORPORATION
- Panasonic Corporation
- Valeo SA
- Visteon Corporation
- Daimler AG
- Autoliv Inc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Driver Attention Assist Systems Market, Request for a Sample
Global Driver Attention Assist Systems Market: Research Scope
Global Driver Attention Assist Systems Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Hatch Back
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial
- Heavy Commercial
Global Driver Attention Assist Systems Market, by Propulsion
Global Driver Attention Assist Systems Market, by Alert Type
- Visual Indication/ Sign
- Visual Sign with Alarm
Global Driver Attention Assist Systems Market, by Component
- Steering Angle Sensors
- Infrared Sensors
Global Driver Attention Assist Systems Market, by Sales Channel
Global Driver Attention Assist Systems Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.