Global Cyclooctene Market: Highlights
- Cyclooctene is a cycloalkene with an eight-membered ring. It is the smallest cycloalkene that can exist as either cis-isomer or trans-isomer. Among these, cis-isomers are more commonly used. The most stable cis-stereoisomer of cyclooctene can adopt various conformations, with the most stable one being shaped like a ribbon. The most stable trans-conformer of cyclooctene is shaped like the 8-carbon equivalent chair conformation of cyclohexane.
- Cyclooctene monomers are used for production of flame retardants, as modulators in polyolefin production, as building blocks in perfume and aroma industries, and as intermediates in the synthesis of specialty chemicals
- These materials are largely used in applications such as cleaning products, cosmetics, food and beverages, personal care products, and petroleum products
Key Drivers of Global Cyclooctene Market
- Increased demand for cyclooctene for use in various cleaning applications is expected to drive the global cyclooctene market during the forecast period. Cyclooctene is extensively used in industrial cleaning applications including mechanical dishwashing, transport cleaning, metal cleaning, biocidal detergents, laundry detergents, and hard surface cleaning.
- High demand for cyclooctene from the food & beverages industry is also expected to drive the global cyclooctene market during forecast period. Functional foods (foods that offer benefits beyond basic nutrition) is one of the most rapidly growing segments of the global food & beverages industry.
- New Zealand has earned reputation for high-quality natural produce and environmental sustainability. The food sector in New Zealand produces enough food to feed more than 20 million people, which is around five times of its own population. This growth is attributable to large production of new, high-value food and beverage products and availability of supply chains that enhance the delivery of products from New Zealand to premium customers. This, in turn, would drive the cyclooctene market in the country during the forecast period.
Global Cyclooctene Market, by Application
- Based on application, the global cyclooctene market can be segmented into cleaning products, cosmetics, food & beverages, personal care, petroleum, and others
- The cleaning products segment is projected to account for a major share of the global cyclooctene market by 2027. Growth of the food & beverages segment is estimated to remain significant during the forecast period. Moreover, the segment is expected to account for a significant market share by 2027.
- The personal care segment is also expected to witness significant growth during the forecast period
- Expanding at a considerable rate, the petroleum segment is expected to create a significant incremental opportunity during the forecast period. Demand for other applications is expected to remain moderate to high during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to be a Key Market for Cyclooctene
- In terms of region, the global cyclooctene market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The Asia Pacific market is expected to witness sustainable growth during the forecast period, followed by Europe
- Cyclooctene applications have been witnessing considerable demand in countries of Asia, such as in China and India, over the last few years
- The market for cyclooctene in North America is stable and fragmented, due to which competition among key players has increased
- South America and Middle East & Africa markets are expected to witness stagnant growth during the forecast period
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global cyclooctene market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market include:
- TCI Chemicals (India) Pvt. Ltd.
Global Cyclooctene Market: Research Scope
Global Cyclooctene Market, by Application
- Cleaning Products
- Food & Beverages
- Personal Care
Global Cyclooctene Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!