Circular Polarizer Market: Introduction
- Circular polarizers filter out light and reduce reflections and glare from nonmetallic surfaces. Circular polarizers aim to reduce the specific type of light rays, resulting in improvement of the image.
- Circular polarizers are used to darken an image, and manage glare and reflections on various surfaces, primarily water and glass. This results in better contrast in landscape of the image. Circular polarizers contain extra quarter wave plane compared to linear polarizers. This significantly helps in changing light to suitable forms. These polarizers take the linearly polarized light and turn it into a circularly polarized light.
- Light wave can travel in all directions at any given point of time. Polarizer filter allows the light from only one angle to pass through it. It completely blocks the light if the angle does not match with reflector filter.
- Circular polarizers are used in different end-use industries such as telecommunication, display manufacturing, camera, and optical instruments
Key Drivers of Circular Polarizer Market
- Circular polarizers can significantly enhance the image of outdoor or indoor photographs by using only the light rays that are suitable for the application. This results in change in brightness, thus reducing the glare in the image. The technology is largely used in modern cameras. Increase in demand for modern cameras is expected to propel the circular polarizer market during the forecast period.
- Circular polarizers can completely eliminate glare from the image by blocking the rays that overlap the glass. This characteristic is used in the display manufacturing technology. By blocking the unwanted rays, the image on the display can be seen clearly from infinite angles. Rise in demand for high technology displays is expected to augment the circular polarizer market in the near future.
Key Restraint of Circular Polarizer Market
- Circular polarizer can result in uneven color or variation in colors when used with wide angle lens in a camera. Polarization works at maximum 90 degree angle. When used in the wide angle lens, it can easily capture more than 90 degrees of angle of image. Therefore, the application of circular polarizers is restricted to narrow angle lens.
Covid-19 Impact on Circular Polarizer Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a severe impact on the global circular polarizer market. Manufacture of optical instruments was halted during the lockdowns imposed by various economies across the globe. Demand for display units was impacted due to the supply chain issues in the industry. The modern camera industry also suffered significantly due to COVID-19 pandemic.
Global Circular Polarizer Market: Regional Outlook
- Based on region, the global circular polarizer market can be classified into North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the major region of the global circular polarizer market during the forecast period, primarily due to significant demand for these polarizers in the manufacture of displays in the region. Global players are shifting their production plants to Asia Pacific due to availability of cheap labor, favorable government policies, and overall reduction in the cost of operations. Rise in demand for optical instruments is anticipated to drive the market in Asia Pacific.
- The market in Latin America and Europe region is expected to expand at a sluggish pace due to higher costs associated with manufacture and supply chain systems. The market in North America is anticipated to expand at a moderate pace due to increase in demand for high technology modern cameras and modern displays.
- The market in Middle East & Africa is projected to expand at a sluggish pace due to the unavailability of infrastructure for manufacturing at large scale. The region also lacks the players that can handle the global supply chain systems for circular polarizers.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global circular polarizer market include:
- LG Chem Ltd.
- Nitto Denko Corporation
- Sumitomo Chemical Co., Ltd.
- BenQ Materials Corporation
- SAMSUNG SDI CO., LTD.
- Sanritz Corp.
- Optimax Technology Corporation
- Polatechno Co., Ltd.
- Daemyung Chemical Co.,Ltd.
- Sapo Company
Global Circular Polarizer Market: Research Scope
Global Circular Polarizer Market, by Type
- Absorptive Polarizers
- Beam-splitting Polarizers
Global Circular Polarizer Market, by Application
- Telecommunication Devices
- Optical Instruments
- Liquid Crystal Display Technology
Global Circular Polarizer Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!