Chlorobutyl Rubber: Introduction
- Chlorobutyl rubber a rubber obtained by reacting butyl rubber with chlorine in a continuous process. Chlorobutyl (CIIR) is a copolymer of chlorinated isobutylene and small amounts of isoprene. In comparison to butyl rubber, chlorobutyl rubber is more reactive, and provides faster cure with lower amount of curatives and better adhesion to unsaturated rubbers and metals.
- Chlorobutyl rubber possesses many properties similar to butyl rubber, including low gas and moisture permeability, good vibration damping, resistant to fire and steam, low glass transition temperature, and excellent resistance to aging and weathering. It also possesses certain exceptional properties such as advanced adhesion, increased cure reactivity, and higher compatibility with unsaturated polymers.
- Chlorobutyl rubber is a suitable option for objects that need low permeability to liquids and gases such as membranes, tire inner liners, seals, and hoses. Demand for chlorobutyl rubber is increasing in medical and rubber processing industries, as it is used for the production of medical items and rubber technical items. It is used as a material of choice for pharmaceutical closures owing to its cleanliness and good resealing properties. Chlorobutyl rubber is significantly used in the tire industry for the production of inner liners of radial and tubeless tires.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Chlorobutyl Rubber Market
- Growth in the automotive industry in emerging economies such as China and India; and rise in demand for electric vehicles across the globe in order to curb pollution are expected to drive the tire industry. This, in turn, is projected to fuel the demand for chlorobutyl rubber in the automotive sector during the forecast period.
- High volatility in prices of natural rubber is prompting manufacturers to shift to high-end synthetic rubber. Chlorobutyl rubber offers superior physical and mechanical properties. This is estimated to propel the demand for chlorobutyl rubber in the near future.
- Implementation of various laws & regulations by regional government authorities with regard to excessive use of synthetic rubber is hampering the market. Additionally, lower sustainability of synthetic rubber compared to natural rubber; and stringent laws against greenhouse gas emission such as isobutylene are expected to restrain the market during the forecast period.
Chlorobutyl Rubber: End-use Segment
- Based on end-use, the global chlorobutyl rubber market can be segmented into automotive, pharmaceuticals, medical, industrial, and others
- The automotive segment is projected to hold significant share of the global market during the forecast period
- The industrial segment is likely to expand at a healthy CAGR during the forecast period
Covid-19 Impact on Chlorobutyl Rubber Market
- Since the COVID-19 virus outbreak in December 2019, the disease has spread to almost 214 countries and territories around the globe with the World Health Organization declaring it a public health emergency. The COVID-19 disease is significantly affecting the chlorobutyl rubber market.
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a swift and severe negative impact on the globally integrated industries such as the automotive. It has hampered the supply chain significantly. It is also expected to negatively affect manufacturing, distribution, and supply of chlorobutyl rubber in the near future.
Asia Pacific to be a Key Region of Global Chlorobutyl Rubber
- In terms of region, the global chlorobutyl rubber market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is predicted to hold major share of the global chlorobutyl rubber market during the forecast period. India, China, and Singapore are leading countries of the market in Asia Pacific. Rapid growth of the automotive industry, rise in demand for original equipment manufacturer (OEM) tires, strong economic growth, and significant investment by leading industry players are likely to provide lucrative opportunities to the market in the region.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Chlorobutyl Rubber Market
The global chlorobutyl rubber market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players have prominent presence in developing countries. Key manufacturers operating in the global chlorobutyl rubber market include:
- ExxonMobil Chemical
- Zhejiang Cenway
- Panjin Heyun Industrial
- Sinopec Beijing Yanshan
- Nizhnekamskneftekhim (NKNK)
Global Chlorobutyl Rubber Market: Research Scope
Global Chlorobutyl Rubber Market, by End-user
Global Chlorobutyl Rubber Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.