Carbon Fiber Sheet: Introduction
- Carbon fiber is extensively used in wide range of industries due to its excellent strength and light weight. It is five times as strong and one-third the weight of steel. Addition of small amount of carbon fiber to the sheet helps impart conductive properties to the sheet. Furthermore, electric resistance and heat resistance properties can be developed in a sheet. Hence, carbon fiber is often made to form sheets, which are further used for concrete repair and structural strengthening in the building & construction sector.
Diverse Functionalities of Carbon Fiber Sheet to Drive Market
- Carbon fiber is primarily used in rehabilitation or strengthening of concrete structure, due to its light weight, exceptional strength, and corrosion and heat resistance. Carbon fiber sheet is often used onto the surface of reinforced concrete beam to enhance the load bearing capacity of the structure. Carbon fiber sheets are made with space-grade pre-preg carbon fiber, thus making the structure lightweight and durable. Furthermore, the structure can handle extreme conditions. These attributes of carbon fiber sheet are expected to drive its demand in the near future.
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Carbon Fiber Sheet Market
- The COVID-19 outbreak has created several challenges for the global automotive sector. In January 2020, China’s commercial vehicle sales witnessed 18% decline over those in January 2019. This is anticipated to adversely impact the global automobile industry, thereby hampering the demand for carbon fiber sheets in the next few years.
- The construction industry accounts for nearly 13% of the global GDP. The COVID-19 has hampered the global real estate market. Disruption of the supply chain of building materials has resulted in suspension of production and distribution of materials used in the construction sector. Movement of workers from urban to rural areas and shortage of laborers at construction sites have led to shutdown of the global construction sector. However, currently, automotive and building & construction sectors are in the phase of recovery. Thus, demand for carbon fiber sheet, which is used in these sectors, is expected to eventually increase by the end of the 2020.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Carbon Fiber Sheet Market
- In terms of region, the global carbon fiber sheet market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- In terms of consumption, Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold major share of the global carbon fiber sheet market during the forecast period. Demand for carbon fiber sheet is projected to rise at a rapid pace in Asia Pacific owing to the presence of diverse consumer base across the region. Furthermore, increase in support from governments of various countries, such as China and India, and rise in foreign direct investments (FDIs) in the building & construction sector are expected to drive the carbon fiber sheet in these countries in the near future. Economic growth and rapid increase in population are resulting in rise in investments in new constructions and expansion of existing infrastructure, particularly in developing economies. This, in turn, is propelling the building & construction industry in Asia Pacific. Outstanding conductive properties and light weight of carbon fiber sheet make it an ideal material for usage in the production of concrete repair and structural strengthening in the construction sector. These factors are projected to drive the demand for carbon fiber sheet in Asia Pacific in the next few years.
- The carbon fiber sheet market in Europe is highly consolidated. Manufacturers of carbon fiber sheet in the region are primarily engaged in increasing their production capacity in order to meet the rising demand from the construction industry. Rapid urbanization in Nordic countries is leading to housing shortage in major cities. The capitals of Nordic countries are the most rapidly expanding cities in Europe. This is fueling the demand for construction projects in these countries. In turn, this is propelling the demand for carbon fiber sheet across Nordic countries.
Key Players Operating in Market
The global carbon fiber sheet market is highly fragmented, with the presence of large numbers of large and small players. Players operating in the global carbon fiber sheet market are focusing on expanding their business as well as product portfolios by entering into partnerships with companies that manufacture end-products. Key players operating in the global carbon fiber sheet market include:
- Erismet OU
- Carbon Fiber Australia
- YITAI Carbon Fiber
- Protech Composites
- Shanghai Horse Construction Co., Ltd
- STEVS Automotive Performance Design Ltd.
- Elevated Materials
Global Carbon Fiber Sheet Market: Research Scope
Global Carbon Fiber Sheet Market, by Carbon Fiber Type
Global Carbon Fiber Sheet Market, by End-use Industry
- Automotive & Transportation
- Building & Construction
- Electrical & Electronics
- Aerospace & Defense
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.