Calcium Sorbate: Introduction
- Calcium sorbate is a crystalline white powder, which is soluble in water and insoluble in ethanol. It is often used as a food preservative. Calcium sorbate is manufactured by neutralization of sorbic acid.
- Based on application, the calcium sorbate market can be divided into food, cosmetics & personal care, and others. The food segment dominated the global calcium sorbate market in 2019. Ability of calcium sorbate to prevent the growth of microbes, molds, and fungi in food is anticipated to augment its consumption in the food application in the near future. Calcium sorbate is commonly used in packaging of drugs owing to its antimicrobial characteristics.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Major Drivers of Calcium Sorbate Market
- Demand for food preservatives has been rising significantly, due to rapid growth of the convenience foods industry. This is boosting the demand for calcium sorbate, considering the growth in consumer awareness regarding the benefits of healthy food. Asia Pacific is a rapidly expanding region of the food & beverages industry, led by increase in population; and rise and wider distribution of disposable income of the people in the region. Consumers are becoming increasingly aware of the impact of the food they eat on health. Additionally, awareness about food contents has been rising owing to increase in government campaigns to lower the prevalence of diseases. Calcium sorbate helps preserve the food stuff from degradation. This is estimated to boost demand for calcium sorbate in the near future.
To gauge the scope of customization in our reports, Ask for a Sample
COVID-19 Impact on the Global Calcium Sorbate Market
- Production of calcium sorbate is projected to be significantly hampered due to the global supply chain disruption triggered by the COVID-19 pandemic. Extension of lockdown in various countries across the globe has resulted in decreased consumption of ready-to-eat food, wherein calcium sorbate is extensively used to maintain the nutritional value.
- Availability of substitutes such as potassium and sodium sorbate is expected to hamper the market in the next few years. Calcium sorbate has been banned as a food additive in Europe, owing to lack of genotoxicity data on the product. These factors are likely to act as barriers in production and consumption of calcium sorbate.
North America to Hold Prominent Share of Global Calcium Sorbate Market
- In terms of region, the global calcium sorbate market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Growth of food and cosmetic & personal care sectors in Asia Pacific is a key driver of the market in the region. Rise in population, increase in disposable income, and expanding middle class population are some of the factors boosting the food & beverages industry in Asia Pacific. However, the outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic has led to supply chain disruption, which is hampering the manufacture and supply of calcium sorbate. However, the market in the region is expected to bounce back by the end of 2021. This is anticipated to boost the production and supply of calcium sorbate in the near future.
- The calcium sorbate market in Europe is estimated to contract by the end of the forecast period. Decline of share of the calcium sorbate market in the region can be ascribed to the presence of a ban on the usage of calcium sorbate across Europe.
- The market in North America is likely to expand at a faster pace than that in Europe due to increase in awareness about the benefits of calcium sorbate in the region
- The calcium sorbate market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is expected to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period. A few manufacturers of calcium sorbate operate in Latin America. The region relies on import of calcium sorbate from developed countries such as China and the U.S. in order to meet the domestic demand for calcium sorbate.
Key Players Operating in Global Calcium Sorbate Market
The global calcium sorbate market is highly fragmented. Producers operating in the global market are primarily engaged in increasing product offerings. Key players operating in the global calcium sorbate market include:
- RuGao ChangJiang Food Co.,Ltd.
- Xiamen Hisunny Chemical Co., LTD
- JIANGBEI ADDITIVE CO., LTD.
- APAC Chemical
- FBC Industries
- Nantong Acetic
Global Calcium Sorbate Market: Research Scope
Global Calcium Sorbate Market, by Application
- Dairy Products
- Cosmetic & Personal Care
- Others (Pharmaceutical, etc.)
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.