Borneol Market: Introduction
- Borneol is primarily used in medicines specifically known to help alleviate pain and inflammation. It can also be used for digestive issues, improving circulation, encouraging relaxation while fighting fatigue, as well as decreasing stress and anxiety.
- Borneol is primarily found in plants such as mint, rosemary, mugwort, and camphor. It has earthy scent and minty, cooling sensation. As a result, it is used as natural insect repellent. Borneol also contains antioxidative and antiviral properties, and is a powerful inhibitor of herpes simplex virus type
Key Drivers of Borneol Market
- Borneol is an alcohol. It is also known as borneol camphor, as the compound is somewhat akin to camphor. In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), borneol is used internally and topically.
- Borneol flakes are is a rare herb available in China. Many researchers have found that borneol flakes have numerous direct therapeutic actions, as they possess transdermal delivery capability. Furthermore, borneol is used in fibrosis.
- Borneol possesses anti-bacterial properties. Hence, this naturally occurring organic compound is effective in eliminating or inhibiting pathogenic bacteria that are often found in clinics and hospitals. These include including staphylococcus aureus, viridans streptococci, and beta hemolytic streptococcus. Borneol has also anti-inflammatory actions.
- Borneol is applied externally, usually in combination with other substances, to treat a wide range of health conditions, especially mouth sores, swelling in the throat, eye diseases, ear infections, boils, psoriasis, pain, as well as cervical erosion
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Pharmaceuticals Application Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- In terms of application, the pharmaceuticals segment is estimated to hold significant share of the borneol market in terms of revenue owing to the high demand for borneol in various organic medicines. Borneol is present in several essential oils extracted from different plants and fruits. This organic compound is an effective natural mosquito repellent. Of late, borneol has been classified as a substance that opens up blocked orifices. It is said to be somewhat cold and possess a heady, bitter flavor.
- Borneol is recommended for treating acute blockage of orifices, which may result in convulsive diseases or coma. Additionally, it is used for heat syndromes as well as for pain.
- Borneol is also employed in various other applications. It is used to make perfumes as well as other aromatic products. However, products containing borneol are labelled ‘dietary supplements’ or ‘herbal supplements’ in the U.S.
Health Effects Associated with Borneol Likely to Hamper Borneol Market
- Borneol is used in several traditional Chinese medications as well as various clinical applications. The usage of pure borneol causes skin and eye irritation. It also causes irritation in the respiratory system. In the U.S., pure borneol is classified as mildly toxic and possibly detrimental when swallowed.
- Many researchers have shown that use of borneol may possibly result in miscarriage, especially during middle and the later part of pregnancy. Therefore, pregnant women should strictly avoid borneol. Furthermore, people who have been diagnosed with qi-blood deficiency in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) should not use borneol.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Borneol Market
- In terms of geography, the global borneol market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to account for major share of the global borneol market, owing to the presence of numerous pharmaceutical companies in the region. China is expected to hold prominent share of the borneol market in Asia Pacific, due to its importance in Chinese medicine.
- The Borneol market in North America is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increase in production of organic medicines in the region
Key Players in Borneol Market
Key players operating in the borneol market include:
- Deqing Yinlong Industrial
- Huangpu Chemical Pharmaceutical
- Sonbon Forestry Science & Technology
- Xinhuang Longnao Development Limited
- International Flavors & Fragrances
- Dutch East India Company
Global Borneol Market: Research Scope
Global Borneol Market, by Type
Global Borneol Market, by Application
- Chemical Intermediates
- Rubber Accelerators
- Synthetic Resins
Global Borneol Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.