Borneol Market: Introduction
- Borneol is primarily used in medicines specifically known to help alleviate pain and inflammation. It can also be used for digestive issues, improving circulation, encouraging relaxation while fighting fatigue, as well as decreasing stress and anxiety.
- Borneol is primarily found in plants such as mint, rosemary, mugwort, and camphor. It has earthy scent and minty, cooling sensation. As a result, it is used as natural insect repellent. Borneol also contains antioxidative and antiviral properties, and is a powerful inhibitor of herpes simplex virus type
Key Drivers of Borneol Market
- Borneol is an alcohol. It is also known as borneol camphor, as the compound is somewhat akin to camphor. In Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM), borneol is used internally and topically.
- Borneol flakes are is a rare herb available in China. Many researchers have found that borneol flakes have numerous direct therapeutic actions, as they possess transdermal delivery capability. Furthermore, borneol is used in fibrosis.
- Borneol possesses anti-bacterial properties. Hence, this naturally occurring organic compound is effective in eliminating or inhibiting pathogenic bacteria that are often found in clinics and hospitals. These include including staphylococcus aureus, viridans streptococci, and beta hemolytic streptococcus. Borneol has also anti-inflammatory actions.
- Borneol is applied externally, usually in combination with other substances, to treat a wide range of health conditions, especially mouth sores, swelling in the throat, eye diseases, ear infections, boils, psoriasis, pain, as well as cervical erosion
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Pharmaceuticals Application Segment to Offer Lucrative Opportunities
- In terms of application, the pharmaceuticals segment is estimated to hold significant share of the borneol market in terms of revenue owing to the high demand for borneol in various organic medicines. Borneol is present in several essential oils extracted from different plants and fruits. This organic compound is an effective natural mosquito repellent. Of late, borneol has been classified as a substance that opens up blocked orifices. It is said to be somewhat cold and possess a heady, bitter flavor.
- Borneol is recommended for treating acute blockage of orifices, which may result in convulsive diseases or coma. Additionally, it is used for heat syndromes as well as for pain.
- Borneol is also employed in various other applications. It is used to make perfumes as well as other aromatic products. However, products containing borneol are labelled ‘dietary supplements’ or ‘herbal supplements’ in the U.S.
Health Effects Associated with Borneol Likely to Hamper Borneol Market
- Borneol is used in several traditional Chinese medications as well as various clinical applications. The usage of pure borneol causes skin and eye irritation. It also causes irritation in the respiratory system. In the U.S., pure borneol is classified as mildly toxic and possibly detrimental when swallowed.
- Many researchers have shown that use of borneol may possibly result in miscarriage, especially during middle and the later part of pregnancy. Therefore, pregnant women should strictly avoid borneol. Furthermore, people who have been diagnosed with qi-blood deficiency in Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) should not use borneol.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Borneol Market
- In terms of geography, the global borneol market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to account for major share of the global borneol market, owing to the presence of numerous pharmaceutical companies in the region. China is expected to hold prominent share of the borneol market in Asia Pacific, due to its importance in Chinese medicine.
- The Borneol market in North America is projected to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period, due to increase in production of organic medicines in the region
Key Players in Borneol Market
Key players operating in the borneol market include:
- Deqing Yinlong Industrial
- Huangpu Chemical Pharmaceutical
- Sonbon Forestry Science & Technology
- Xinhuang Longnao Development Limited
- International Flavors & Fragrances
- Dutch East India Company
Global Borneol Market: Research Scope
Global Borneol Market, by Type
Global Borneol Market, by Application
- Chemical Intermediates
- Rubber Accelerators
- Synthetic Resins
Global Borneol Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.