Biphenylcarbonitrile Market: Introduction
- Biphenylcarbonitrile is a liquid crystal, which has the appearance of white crystal powder
- Crystal liquid contains properties that can be described as a combination of crystalline solid and conventional liquid. This enables the liquid to have molecules oriented in crystal-like way; at the same time, it can flow akin to liquid. Biphenylcarbonitrile is one of the important liquid crystalline substances. It has strong dipole moment and also relatively good stability for application in nematic phase. Different phases of biphenylcarbonitrile can be achieved by changing the temperature and concentration of the molecules. This property enables the use of biphenylcarbonitrile in display systems in televisions, laptops, personal computers, and other devices that vary in display size.
- Biphenylcarbonitrile is used in a wide range of applications in different end-use industries such as electric & optical equipment, display manufacturing, chemical manufacturing, and agriculture & pesticides
Key Drivers of Biphenylcarbonitrile Market
- Biphenylcarbonitrile is used as an intermediary in display panels. It is suitable for manufacture of different sizes of displays from smart watches to television panels. The usage of digital display has increased significantly of late. Industries that were traditionally not using computers are shifting toward digital work. Thus, increase in usage of computers is expected to boost the biphenylcarbonitrile market.
- Biphenylcarbonitrile is used as an intermediary in the production of agricultural products. It is also used in synthesis processes for chemicals. Ease of handling, blending with crop protection products, and uniformity across molecules are some of the advantages of biphenylcarbonitrile. Rise in global population and beneficial government policies in emerging economies are expected to drive the usage of biphenylcarbonitrile in the agriculture industry. This is estimated to augment the demand for biphenylcarbonitrile in the near future.
Key Restraint of Biphenylcarbonitrile Market
- Alternatives for biphenylcarbonitrile are available in agriculture and chemical production industries. Availability of alternatives for synthesis processes for chemicals and intermediaries for pesticides is likely to adversely affect the biphenylcarbonitrile market in the near future.
Covid-19 Impact on Biphenylcarbonitrile Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a positive impact on the global biphenylcarbonitrile market. Industries such as education and financial technology have shifted to the work from home culture. This change has been one of the major reasons for the increase in demand for computers and laptops across the world. The agriculture industry has not been significantly impacted by the Covid-19 pandemic. The chemical production industry has been hampered by the pandemic, as manufacturing activities have been halted during the lockdown period. However, the chemical industry is expected to expand consistently during the forecast period.
Global Biphenylcarbonitrile Market: Regional Outlook
- Based on region, the global biphenylcarbonitrile market can be classified into North America, Latin America, Europe, Middle East & Africa, and Asia Pacific
- Asia Pacific is expected to be the major region of the global biphenylcarbonitrile market during the forecast period. Availability of cheap labor and low manufacturing costs are driving the manufacturing sector in countries such as China, Vietnam, and India. Government policies related to the ease of doing business and taxation on manufacturing in developing countries are beneficial for sustainable growth in the sector.
- The market in North America, Latin America, and Europe is expected to expand at a sluggish pace in the near future due to outsourcing of manufacturing from companies and government policies favoring emission-free environment
- The market in Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand at a slower pace compared to that in other regions during the forecast period
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global biphenylcarbonitrile market include:
- Yantai Xianhua Chem-Tech. Co., Ltd.
- Alchem Pharmtech, Inc.
- Alfa Aesar
- City Chemical LLC
- SiChuang NanBu Honesty Technology Co., Ltd.
- J & K Scientific ltd.
- Sichuan Ruibo Technology Co., Ltd
- Frontier Scientific, Inc.
- Meryer Chemical Technology Co., Ltd
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co., Ltd.
- Adamas Reagent, Ltd
- Henan Daken Chemical Co.,Ltd
- Sigma-Aldrich, Inc
- Frinton Laboratories, Inc.
Global Biphenylcarbonitrile Market: Research Scope
Global Biphenylcarbonitrile Market, by End-use Industry
- Electric & Optical Equipment
- Display Manufacturing
- Chemical Manufacturing
- Agriculture & Pesticides
Global Biphenylcarbonitrile Market, by Application
- Agrochemical Intermediates
- Syntheses Material Intermediates
- OLED intermediates
Global Biphenylcarbonitrile Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!