Automotive Variable Geometry Turbocharger: Introduction
- Variable turbocharger is designed to provide higher air-fuel ratio and offer higher peak torque at low engine speed. Increase in stringency of emission standards, globally, has prompted engine manufacturers across the globe to adopt a wide range of turbocharger technologies. Variable turbocharger technologies are extensively utilized in diverse vehicles including off road, highway, and marine internal combustion engine applications.
- The variable turbocharger has movable walls that handle all types of bypass flow of gases from the engine. The variable turbocharger boosts vehicle acceleration and offers better control over the engine pressure difference, which can be used to drive the exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) flow in a diesel engine. In 1953, the first variable turbocharger, developed by Garrett Motion Inc., was introduced on the Honda Legend.
Key Drivers of Automotive Variable Geometry Turbocharger Market
- Increase in demand for gasoline engine vehicles, owing to their lightweight, is estimated to boost the Automotive Variable Geometry Turbocharger market. Most original equipment manufacturers are focused on the development of gasoline turbochargers, as the diesel turbocharger produces hazardous gases. Moreover, various emission rules and regulations enacted by governments across the globe are a key factor that are expected to drive the global Automotive Variable Geometry Turbocharger market.
- Variable turbochargers are also incorporated in agriculture vehicles and construction equipment. Demand for off road vehicles is increasing, which in turn is projected to boost the Automotive Variable Geometry Turbocharger market. Most construction equipment are fitted with variable turbochargers and subsequently, high demand for construction of equipment across Asia Pacific due to the rapid development of infrastructure is anticipated to propel the automotive variable geometry turbocharger market in Asia Pacific.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific and North America to hold prominent share of Automotive Variable Geometry Turbocharger market
- Asia Pacific is expected to account for a notable share of the global Automotive Variable Geometry Turbocharger market due to an increase in vehicle production across Asia Pacific. Presence of major manufacturing companies in developing countries including South Korea and India is anticipated to boost the automotive variable geometry turbocharger market in Asia Pacific. China sold a significantly high number of vehicles in the last year, and this is expected to increase, which in turn is projected to propel the automotive variable geometry turbocharger market in the country.
- Following Asia Pacific, North America accounted for a notable share of the global automotive variable geometry turbocharger market due to stringent emission rules and regulations. Major manufacturers of turbochargers are based in North America including Honeywell International Inc., which has major research and development facilities and consequently, is projected to fuel the automotive variable geometry turbocharger market in North America.
Key Players operating in Automotive Variable Geometry Turbocharger Market
The global automotive variable geometry turbocharger market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive variable geometry turbocharger market are:
- Honeywell International Inc.
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Continental AG
- Delphi Technologies
- Mahle GmbH
- Cummins Inc.
- Precision Turbo and Engine Inc.
- Turbo International
- Calsonic Kansei
- Ningbo Motor Industrial Co. Ltd
- Garrett Motion Inc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Variable Geometry Turbocharger Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Variable Geometry Turbocharger Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Variable Geometry Turbocharger Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Variable Geometry Turbocharger Market, by Component
Global Automotive Variable Geometry Turbocharger Market, by Material
- Cast Iron
- Others ( Stainless steel alloy)
Global Automotive Variable Geometry Turbocharger Market, by Fuel Type
Global Automotive Variable Geometry Turbocharger Market, by End-use
- Agricultural tractors
- Construction equipment
Global Automotive Variable Geometry Turbocharger Market, by Sales Channel
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.