Agriculture Tire Market
Agriculture Tire Market (Application: Tractors, Implements, Harvesters, Irrigation, Forestry, and Others; Tire Type: Radial and Bias; Equipment Horsepower: 0-80 HP and 81-200 HP; Sales Channel: OEM and Aftermarket) - Global Industry Analysis, Size, Share, Growth, Trends, and Forecast, 2019 - 2030
- Automotive & Transport
- 326 Pages
Demand for Critical Size Agriculture Tires Surges amidst COVID-19 Crisis
As companies in the agriculture tire market were gaining confidence for the year 2020 after countering trade tensions and bad weather in 2019, that hampered the rubber planting and harvesting activities throughout North America, the COVID-19 (coronavirus) outbreak has caused more disruption in the market landscape. On the other hand, Indian tire manufacturer Apollo Tyres Ltd. is scaling back its production of passenger vehicles and is instead focusing on the production of agricultural tires in the Netherlands, Europe.
Manufacturers are abiding by the guidelines mentioned in the local health advisory to pursue their production activities amidst the COVID-19 era. As such, many production units have been temporarily shut down to flatten the curve of COVID-19 cases. In due course, companies in the agriculture tire market are taking efforts to evaluate market conditions in order to reopen their manufacturing facilities.
Request a sample to get extensive insights into the Agriculture Tires Market
Agriculture Tire Mobile Apps Offer Safety and Efficiency in Farming Operations
Digital innovations are bringing about a significant change in the agriculture tire market. For instance, in December 2019, leading German multinational automotive parts manufacturing company Continental AG announced the launch of Agriculture TireTech, an innovative agriculture app, which serves as a pressure and load calculator in order to achieve optimal safety and efficiency, while using Continental agricultural tires. With the help of mobile apps, companies in the agriculture tire market are aiming to expand their portfolio in comprehensive digital services and solutions for its customers.
To understand how our report can bring difference to your business strategy, Ask for a brochure
Various stakeholders in the agriculture tire market such as tire dealers and contractual partners are able to expand their business activities with the help of agriculture mobile apps. One of the key usage of these mobile apps is its ability to assess the right pressure in agriculture tires depending on the load.
Disruptive Technologies in Smart Agriculture Tires Keep Users Informed with Digital Platforms
Companies in the agriculture tire market are increasing their R&D activities in interconnected products in order to make farming more versatile and efficient. For instance, Nokian Tyres— a global leader in cars, trucks, and heavy-duty equipment tire manufacturing, participated in the Agritechnica 2019 exhibition to showcase its Nokian Tyres Intuitu, which is a novel introduction in the sphere of smart agriculture tire solutions. On the other hand, companies in the agriculture tire market are directing their investments toward the development of multi-use tractor tires used for agriculture and contracting. This is evident since tractor applications dictate the highest revenue among all applications in the agriculture tire market, which is estimated to reach a value of ~US$ 15 Bn by the end of 2030.
The trend of connected tires is bolstering market growth. This has catalyzed innovations in sensor and digital technologies in tires as companies develop digital platforms that deliver insights on users’ mobile phones.
Manufacturers Develop Tires with High Contraction to Support Hillside Farming Operations
Manufacturers in the agriculture tire market are developing wheels that support farming operations on hill slopes. In order to achieve this, the sidewalls of tires are engineered to bulge in instead of out. For instance, European agriculture tire manufacturer, Mitas, which is part of the Trelleborg AB group, is increasing its marketing efforts for its Trelleborg PneuTrac tire that delivers unbeatable traction and stability regardless of pressure. Such innovations are triggering growth in the agriculture tire market.
There is a growing demand for agriculture tires in tractors that can withstand challenging applications on plots where high capacity, weight, and soil compaction are a constant conflict.
Collaborations with Tractor Manufacturers Help Fulfill Demanding Applications of Tires
The agriculture tire market is expected to expand at a favorable CAGR of ~5% during the forecast period. However, the ever-evolving nature of the agriculture industry creates new challenges for companies in the agriculture tire market. Hence, companies are collaborating with tractor and agricultural machine manufacturers to meet specific requirements of end users. As such, there is a high demand for winter and all-round agriculture tires.
Intelligent hybrid tires are a novel introduction in the agriculture tire market. Manufacturers are increasing their R&D activities to integrate pressure sensors in tires to help the operator minimize soil compaction in fields and reduce wear on the road. Hybrid agriculture tires allow the operator to efficiently adjust the pressure according to the task.
Discount Tires versus Quality Tractor Tires: Which is better?
One of the major problems that end users face is to differentiate between prices of different brands of agriculture tires. Customers are perplexed whether to invest in expensive quality agriculture tires or opt for the low-end tires that are less expensive. As such, the agriculture tire market is largely consolidated with major players accounting for over 45% of the market stake. Since rest of the market stake is governed by emerging and other fragmented players, many unscrupulous manufacturers in the agriculture tire market provide customers with discount agriculture tires that are produced from low-quality raw materials. Hence, prominent market players are educating customers about the construction of casing and profiles of high-tech agriculture tires to increase their uptake in the market.
Moreover, advantageous attributes such as cross stabilizing ply and robust sidewalls in high-end agricultural tires are creating value for customers.
Stuck in a neck-to-neck competition with other brands? Request a custom report on Agriculture Tires Market
The demand for critical size agriculture tires has increased in Europe amidst the COVID-19 pandemic. Hybrid agricultural tires are a novel introduction in the agriculture tire market that allow operators to adjust pressure settings according to the load. Moreover, mobile apps are becoming increasingly popular to measure pressure and load capacities in agricultural tires.
Tubeless tires are growing prominent in farm tractors. However, in many cases, users need to carry out cumbersome tasks to reset the bead seal in order to air up the tire. Hence, companies should increase awareness about easy hacks such as putting extra pounds of air into tires to avoid the bead from breaking loose on hillsides.
Agriculture Tire Market: Overview
- The global agriculture tire market is anticipated to expand at a CAGR of ~4% during the forecast period, owing to increased use of agricultural equipment worldwide to achieve better farm yields
- China, India, and the U.S. hold key shares of the agriculture tire market globally, owing to the presence of a larger number of in-use tractors and high sales of new tractors in these countries
Drivers of Agriculture Tire Market
- Growing mechanization in agriculture in Middle East & Africa and Latin America regions is projected to boost the agriculture tire market in these regions. Financial support and subsidies from various governments and food organizations, such as FAO, is boosting the adoption of tractors in developing countries and is thus, anticipated to drive the agriculture tire market in these countries.
- Tractors were earlier used for simple applications such as plowing, tilling. Presently, tractors perform an array of operations such as irrigation, harvesting, and fertilizer spreader; hence, more specialized tires with larger rim size are used, which are more expensive. Until 2009, the largest agriculture tire had a circumference of 243 inches; however, currently, tire manufactures are offering sizes as large as 256 inches. The overall increase in the size of the tire has fueled the price of the tire and, in turn, is boosting the market, in terms of revenue.
Challenges for Agriculture Tire Market
- Manufacturing cost of the tire is largely dictated by the price of raw materials such as natural rubber and Brent crude. Volatility in the market price has a negative impact on tire manufacturers.
Segmentation of Agriculture Tire Market
- Based on application, the global agriculture tire market has been segregated into tractors, harvesters, implements, irrigation, forestry, and others. The tractor segment held a leading share of the global agriculture tire market in 2019, due to government initiatives and commercial farming boosting the sales of tractors. The irrigation segment is anticipated to expand at a high growth rate, owing to trends such as pivot irrigation, which drive the demand for irrigation tires.
- Based on equipment horsepower, North America is witnessing a high demand for low & medium horsepower or 0-80HP equipment, as a majority of farms are family-owned, and consumers are opting for low interest rate purchase of affordable smaller tractors. The 80-200HP segment of the market in Europe and Asia Pacific region is estimated to expand significantly, as small fragmented farms are being acquired and being converted into larger commercialized farms that requires larger tractors. Furthermore, the use of implements and tractor attachments is increasing in Asia Pacific, which requires high horsepower tractors. This, in turn, is likely to boost the 80-200HP segment of the agriculture tire market in the region.
- Based on tire type, the bias tire segment dominated the global agriculture tire market. Radial tires have highest penetration in Europe and the segment held a relatively minor share of the market in Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa in 2019. Developing regions such as Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa are price sensitive markets and hence, consumers refrain from buying expensive radial tires. Decrease in price of raw material and production cost and increase in consumer purchase power are estimated to boost the demand for radial tires in these developing regions.
- Based on sales channel, the agriculture tire market has been classified into OEM and aftermarket. The aftermarket segment held a leading share of the global market in 2019, due to the wear and tear nature of the tire and requirement for periodic replacement. The OEM segment is anticipated to expand, due to the rise in sales of tractors and agriculture equipment in Latin America & Middle East & Africa during the forecast period.
Agriculture Tire Market: Regional Analysis
- Based on region, the global agriculture tire market has been segregated into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific held a prominent share of the global agriculture tire market in 2019 with China and India being major contributors. China and India together account for a significantly high number of tractors in use worldwide. Thus, they offer significant opportunities to manufacturers of agriculture tires. Availability of key raw material such as natural rubber, inexpensive labor, and high domestic demand for tires has helped the emergence and expansion of key players in the region.
- Asia Pacific is followed by North America and Europe, in terms of share of the global market, with the U.S., Germany, France, Italy, and Turkey being major contributors in the region. The agriculture tire market in these regions is projected to expand with the increase in population and growing mechanization rate boosting the usage of tractors, which in turn is driving the demand for agriculture tire.
Agriculture Tire Market: Competition Landscape
- Major companies in the global agriculture tire market are expected to benefit from the formation of strategic associations with global players involved in the agriculture tire market. The market witnesses the existence of key players who have strong worldwide existence and firm establishments, coupled with diverse product portfolios. Prominent players operating in the global agriculture tire market include
- Balkrishna Industries Limited (BKT)
- Bridgestone Corporation
- Continental AG
- China National Rubber Tire Co.
- Trelleborg AB
- Titan International, Inc.
- Sumitomo Rubber Industries Ltd.
- Pirelli & C. S.p.A.
Agriculture Tire Market – Scope of the Report
Transparency Market Research’s recent report on the agriculture tire market, with the help of a comprehensive outlook, provides readers with an assessment of the global market landscape. This study on the agriculture tire market analyzes the scenario for the period of 2019 to 2030, wherein, 2019 is the base year. This report enables readers to make important decisions with regard to their business, with the help of a wealth of information enclosed in the study.
This TMR study on the agriculture tire market also provides data on the developments made by important players and stakeholders in the market, along with a competitive analysis. The report also provides an understanding of the strengths, weaknesses, threats, and opportunities, along with the trends and restraints in the landscape. Presented in a clear sanctioned manner, this report on the agriculture tire market gives readers an individual understanding of the market.
This study also discusses underlying trends and impact of various factors that are driving the agriculture tire market, along with their influence on the evolution of the market.
This study also offers Porter’s Five Point Analysis, value chain analysis, regulatory scenario, and a SWOT analysis of the agriculture tire market, in order to elaborate the crucial growth tactics and opportunities for market players contributing to the market.
Key Questions Answered in This Report on Agriculture Tire Market
- How much value will the agriculture tire market generate by the end of the forecast period?
- Which segment of the market is likely to have the maximum market share by 2030?
- What are the impact factors and their effects on the agriculture tire market?
- What regions currently contribute the maximum share to the overall agriculture tire market?
- What are the indicators expected to drive the agriculture tire market?
- What region is likely to be a lucrative market during the forecast period?
- What are the essential strategies by key stakeholders in the agriculture tire market to expand their geographic presence?
- What are the major advancements witnessed in the agriculture tire market?
- How regulatory norms affected the market for agriculture tire market?
This report answers these questions and more about the agriculture tire market, aiding major stakeholders and key players in making the right decisions and strategizing for the advancement of their business.
Agriculture Tire Market: Research Methodology
This TMR report on the agriculture tire market is based on a complete and comprehensive evaluation of the market, backed by secondary and primary sources. Market volume is determined by country wise model mapping of vehicle through internal & external proprietary databases, and relevant patent and regulatory databases. The competitive scenario of the agriculture tire market is supported by an assessment of the different factors that influence the market on a minute and granular level. By thoroughly analyzing the historical data, current trends and announcement by the key players, researchers of the agriculture tire market arrive at predictions and estimations, and calculate the forecast for the market.
This report uses an analytical triangulation method to estimate the numbers and figures of the agriculture tire market, with both a bottom-up and top-down approach.
This detailed assessment of the agriculture tire market, along with an overview of the landscape, is provided based on a careful examination of the avenues related to this industry. Analysts’ conclusions on how the agriculture tire market is estimated to expand are based on carefully vetted primary and secondary sources.
Agriculture Tire Market – Segmentation
This report on the agriculture tire market provides information on the basis of application, equipment horsepower, tire type, sales channel, and region.