Automotive Timing Shield/ Cover Market: Introduction
- A timing shield/ cover is a protective cover, guarding the vehicle timing belt/ chain from foreign particles such as debris, dirt, and grit. The timing belt/ chain connects the camshaft to the crankshaft and enables the valves in the vehicle engine to open and close at exactly the right time when the vehicle is operating. As long as camshafts are rotating, the engine’s regulators open and close in coordinated movement with each cylinder’s intake and exhaust strokes. Each vehicle engine contains a timing belt that has a timing cover.
- Debris can cause the vehicle gear teeth to break and can push the timing belt off the pulley, damaging the vehicle engine. The timing belt can last between 60,000 to 100,000 miles. Timing belt cover is responsible for keeping the timing belt strong and protect for smooth operation. Timing cover/ shield can be made from metal or plastic. Timing cover/ shield together with timing cover gasket prevents oil leakage from the vehicle engine onto the surface.
Key Drivers of Automotive Timing Shield/ Cover Market
- Rise in demand for timing belt/ chain in automobiles worldwide is driving the timing shield/ cover market globally. Majority of modern automobile engines use timing belts or chains in order to synchronize camshaft and crankshaft rotation, while some engines use gears to drive the camshafts directly. However, the use of a timing belt as an alternative of direct gear drive enables engine designers to keep the camshaft(s) away from the crankshaft.
- In engines with more than one camshafts, a timing belt empowers the camshafts to be placed far from one another. Timing belts are less expensive, lighter, and they operate more quietly. Therefore, a rise in the adoption of timing belt/ chain in automobiles is boosting the global timing shield/ cover market.
- However, limited availability of database challenges the regular upgrade of the vehicle system, which in turn is estimated to hamper the automotive timing shield/ cover market during the forecast period
Automotive Timing Shield/ Cover Market: COVID-19 Impact
- The COVID-19 pandemic has caused a majority of businesses across the globe to crumble, owing to the forced shutdown of production and manufacturing activities. This has led the global economy to contract to its lowest growth rate. The global lockdown and enforced shutdown of the production facilities as mandated by governments worldwide in 2020 had resulted in the decline in demand, supply chain bottlenecks, and to protect the safety of their employees in India, France, Germany, Italy, the U.S., and Spain during the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Majority of businesses in every industry are codependent and are a part of major supply chain in the market. Disruption in supply chain attributing to suspended mining operation and thereby shortage of raw material in conjunction with reduced demand for vehicles across the globe have resulted global automotive industry to contract in during the coronavirus Pandemic. This, in turn, has hampered the automotive timing shield/ cover market.
Asia Pacific to account for prominent share of global automotive timing shield/ cover market
- In terms of region, the global automotive timing shield/ cover market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to hold a dominant share of the global automotive timing shield/ cover market. Asia-Oceania accounted for more than 60% of total passenger car production worldwide. Countries such as India, China, and Japan are prominent manufacturers of passenger cars as well as major vehicle exporters in the region. The presence of high number of vehicle production and engine assembly plants in China, India, Indonesia, and Japan combined with increasing adoption of timing belt/ chain in passenger vehicles across the aforementioned countries has resulted in the high demand for timing shield/ cover in Asia Pacific. This, in turn has contributed to the major share of Asia Pacific in the global automotive timing shield/ cover market.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Timing Shield/ Cover Market
The global automotive timing shield/ cover market is concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few key players operating in the global automotive timing shield/ cover market are:
- Botou Fortune Machinery And Packing Co., Ltd.
- Guangzhou Libo Industrial Belts Co., Ltd.
- Jinhua City Liubei Auto Parts Co. Ltd.
- Nanchang Autocare Co., Limited
- Ningbo MayCz Transmission Belt Technology Co., Ltd.
- Other Key players
Global Automotive Timing Shield/ Cover Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Timing Shield/ Cover Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicles
Global Automotive Timing Shield/ Cover Market, by Material
Global Automotive Timing Shield/ Cover Market, by Pricing
Global Automotive Timing Shield/ Cover Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Timing Shield/ Cover Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Countries
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.