Automotive Tensioner: Introduction
- The automotive tensioner is designed to create a tension or to apply force on the engine belt. The application of force on an engine belt may be parallel to the tension in the belt in case of hydraulic tensioner or may be perpendicular in case of spring loaded chain drive tensioner.
- Automotive tensioner has been widely adopted for automobile engines since the 1980s in order to reduce the noise generated by the timing belts that are used to drive the camshafts. Moreover, the automotive tensioner is adopted to improve the durability of the belt that is used to drive the camshaft. In 1986, the first automotive tensioner was used by The Ford Motor Company in their Mercury Sable vehicle.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Tensioner Market
- Rise in demand for light weight vehicles across the globe, in order to increase fuel-efficiency of the vehicle, is estimated to boost the automotive tensioner market. Increase in production and sale of passenger vehicles across the globe is likely to fuel the demand for automotive tensioner significantly, which in turn is projected to drive the automotive tensioner market across the globe.
- Increase in concern about global warming and other environmental issues and the development of technologies to reduce fuel consumption are expected to boost the demand for lighter and more compact automotive tensioners. Various countries have enacted rules and regulations to reduce fuel consumption and emissions. Consequently, various vehicle manufacturers have been developing low fuel consumption technologies that would help reduce CO2 emissions and create the ways to save energy. This, in turn, is likely to boost the automotive tensioner market across the globe.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Tensioner Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific and Europe to hold prominent share of automotive tensioner market
- Asia Pacific is projected to account for a significant share of the global automotive tensioner market due to an increase in vehicle production and sale across the region. Stringent rules and regulations enacted regarding emission norms in countries including India, China, and South Korea are estimated to propel the automotive tensioner market in Asia Pacific.
- Followed by Asia Pacific, Europe is projected to hold a major share of the global automotive tensioner market due to the considerable presence of automotive industries and enactment of stringent rules about vehicle emission norms in the region. Europe is also home to major original equipment manufacturers as well as Tier-1 suppliers, including Continental AG and Muhr und Bender KG who are leading key players with major research and development facilities for automotive tensioner. This, is turn, is likely to propel the automotive tensioner market in Europe.
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Tensioner Market
The global automotive tensioner market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive tensioner market are:
- Continental AG
- ABA Automotive
- ALT America Inc.
- C R Products Ltd
- Litens Automotive Group
- GMB Corporation
- Dayco Products LLC
- NTN Corporation
- Gates Corporation
- Muhr und Bender KG
- KMC Automobile Transmission
- FAI Automotive Plc
- Pricol Limited
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Tensioner Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Tensioner Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Tensioner Market, by Type of Tensioner
- Hydraulically Operated System
- Damping Structure
Global Automotive Tensioner Market, by Drive Type
- Chain Drive
- Belt Drive
- Auxiliary Drive
Global Automotive Tensioner Market, by System
- Dual Arm Tensioner System
- Conventional Belt Tensioner System
- Automatic Belt Tensioner System
Global Automotive Tensioner Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Tensioner Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.