Automotive springs and Dampers: Introduction
- Springs in an automotive are used to support the weight of the vehicle and also store potential energy. Springs and damper combine to form a strut. As the car passes over a bump or experience a sudden shock, the wheel transmits the shock to the spring through the links and the spring absorbs the shock as it compresses. This avoids the transfer of the sudden shock to the driver or the passenger.
- Damper is a suspension component that is used to prevent the vehicle from bouncing in case it encounters a bumper. Consequently, springs and dampers are essential in the suspension system to offer driving comfort. Passenger vehicles with advanced features and functions are increasingly being manufactured, which improves safety.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Springs and Dampers Market
- Demand for increasing integration of safety solutions in passenger and commercial vehicles has been rising in the last few decades. Demand for automotive suspension system is directly related to the production of new vehicles, as the suspension system is a vital part of the vehicle.
- Rising penetration of premium and luxury vehicles, integrated with more advanced features including the suspension system in Europe and North America, is likely to boost the automotive springs and dampers market.
- Increasing technological advancements, urbanization, and buying behavior is boosting the automotive industry. Significant investments are being made in the development of existing automotive suspension systems in order to enhance ride quality and road holding capacity of the vehicle.
- Technology in the automotive industry is rapidly advancing. Technological advancements in vehicle likely to boost adoption of safety features by OEMs. In the vehicles. Safety of the passenger is improved through the use of innovative technology such as ADAS (Advanced Driver Assistant System. Active safety systems help control the vehicle under control, prevents vehicle accidents, and protects passengers from causality. Active safety devices are fully automated so that they can compensate for human error. Such devices help prevent and minimize the effects of a crash.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Need for technical expertise and replacement of conventional suspension system with advanced system to hamper market
- Springs and dampers are designed to function under stress and hence, these components need to possess high tensile strength. Consequently, requirement of high quality material and fabrication with technical expertise is likely to boost the overall cost of the product. Labor and operating cost in the production of springs and dampers rise due to increasing adoption of automation on the production floor.
- Regular replacement of springs and dampers due to damage in case of accident or collision prompts manufacturers to meet the demand from OEMs and Tier1 suppliers
- Introduction of new suspension system including magnetic suspension system, which eliminates the use of spring in the suspension unit, is likely to hamper the automotive springs and dampers market. These factors are projected to boost the automotive springs and dampers market at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific to hold significant market share of global automotive springs and dampers market
- Asia Pacific held a significant share of the global automotive springs and dampers market owing to higher production of vehicles in the region. China accounts for more than 25% of global vehicle production. Availability of raw material and inexpensive labor in Asia Pacific is boosting the production of automotive springs and dampers.
- Rapid development of infrastructure and establishment of new production plants by major OEMs and Tier 1 manufacturers in the region is likely to boost the market, owing to increased production of new vehicle models in the region
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global automotive springs and dampers market is fragmented market, as large number of players operate in the market. Top manufacturers account for approximately 30% to 35% share of the global market. A few of the key players operating and potential in the global automotive springs and dampers market are:
- BWI Group
- Continental AG
- F&P America
- FOX Factory Inc.
- F-TECH INC.
- Gabriel India Limited
- Hendrickson USA L.L.C
- Kumpulan Belton Berhad
- KYB Corporation
- Magneti Marelli S.p.A
- Multimatic Inc.
- Sogefi SpA
- Tenneco Inc.
- Tinsley Bridge Group
- Tower International
- Unity Automotive
- ZF TRW
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Springs and Dampers Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Springs and Dampers Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Springs and Dampers Market, by Damper Type
- Mono-tube Damper
- Twin-Tube Damper
- Internal By-pass Damper
- Magneto-rheological Damper
- Spool Valve Damper
- Electronically Controlled Damper
Global Automotive Springs and Dampers Market, by Spring Type
- Coil Spring
- Torsion Bar
- Leaf Spring
- Parabolic Leaf Spring
- Elliptical Leaf Spring
- Semi Elliptical
- Transverse Elliptical
Global Automotive Springs and Dampers Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
- Buses & Coaches
Global Automotive Springs and Dampers Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Springs and Dampers Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.