Global Automotive Pre-crash Seat Belt Market: Introduction
- Pre-crash seat belts are responsible for occupant safety in case of a frontal collision. They are designed to protect an occupant from a possible injury caused due to the seat belt. Pre-crash seat belts are operated by a motor attached to a sensor, which senses a possible crash and tightens the belt in order to minimize injury. The pre-crash seat belt is activated to prevent an injury when the seat belt system senses excessive pressure on the seat belt and breaks contact with the seat belt anchor.
- Increase in research and development activities and the demand for vehicle occupant safety systems has led to advancements in seat belt systems of vehicles. Modern seat belt systems are more reliable as compared to the older variants. Pre-crash seat belt is a key component of the seat belt system and is responsible for engaging the seat belt system when the vehicle accelerates or decelerates suddenly. Rising installation of seatbelt systems in vehicles is driving the automotive pre-crash seat belt market.
Key drivers of automotive pre- crash seat belt market
- An integrated safety system offers the benefit of crash avoidance and reduction of severity of the crash. The industry developed various products for driver assistance and safety, such as Pre-Crash Brake Assist (PBA), Full Range Active Cruise Control (ACC), and Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS). The monitoring system plays an important role of detecting hazardous objects and kinematic characteristics such as speed, direction, collision time, and object distinction. The monitoring system splits the driving condition into two zones; collision avoidance zone and collision mitigation zone. The collision mitigation zone is composed of the “pre-crash” and “post contact” states. Pre-crash technologies activate countermeasures prior to impact in order to reduce the crash severity.
- Rise in demand for luxury vehicles attributed to an increase in disposable income and improvement in standards of living is driving the global pre-crash seat belt market. Furthermore, a key reason for customers to buy a luxury vehicle is the integration of advanced safety features in these vehicles. Several automakers are attracting customers by providing advanced luxurious features including multiple air bags, connected technology, and advanced safety features.
- Stringent regulations pertaining to vehicle safety are further boosting the global automotive pre-crash seat belt market. Several governments and regulatory authorities have taken initiatives and enacted country-wide vehicle standards and legislations that mandate implementation of seat belt system in a vehicle in order to address the issue of increasing accidental fatalities. For instance, CENTRAL MOTOR VEHICLES RULES 1989, Rule 125 (1), India requires automakers to equip every vehicle with the seat belt for vehicle driver and other occupants. Similar regulations have been enacted in several countries including the U.S., Canada, Germany, China, France, Russia, and Japan.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Pre-crash Seat Belt Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of automotive pre-crash seat belt market
- Several free-trade agreements between Europe-Asia and UAS-Asia have resulted in economic growth of counties such as India, China, Malaysia, and South Korea in Asia Pacific, which has boosted the disposable income and living standards of the population in the region. This, in turn, is shifting consumer preference toward owning a vehicle which has advance safety features.
- Legislations enacted by governments and organizations of various countries are compelling automakers to increase integration of safety features in vehicles. For instance, the Government of the UK, UN regulations, EU Standards on Vehicle Safety by European Transport Safety Council, and safety regulation by SIAM India are a few governing authorities that have made installation of anti-theft systems, vehicle tracking systems, vehicle immobilizing systems mandatory in vehicles. This, in turn, drives the adoption of vehicle occupant protection systems.
Key players operating in automotive pre- crash seat belt market:
The automotive pre-crash seat belt market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the automotive pre- crash seat belt market are:
- DENSO Corporation
- Continental AG
- Autoliv Inc.
- Takata India Pvt Ltd.
- TOKAIRIKA CO Ltd.
- BERGER GROUP, GWR Co.
- Goradia Industries Ltd.
- Seat Belt Solutions LLC
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Pre-crash Seat Belt Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Pre-crash Seat Belt Market, by Type
- Preload Type
- Preroll preload Type
Global Automotive Pre-crash Seat Belt Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
Global Automotive Pre-crash Seat Belt Market, by Technology
- Digressive Load Limiters
- Progressive Load Limiters
- Adaptive/ Switchable Load Limiters
Global Automotive Pre-crash Seat Belt Market, by Component
- Buckle Lifters
Global Automotive Pre-crash Seat Belt Market, by Electric Vehicle Type
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle
- Fully Electric Vehicle
Global Automotive Pre-crash Seat Belt Market, by Autonomous Type
- Fully autonomous vehicle
- Semi-autonomous vehicle
Global Automotive Pre-crash Seat Belt Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Pre-crash Seat Belt Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.