Global Automotive Pre-crash Seat Belt Market: Introduction
- Pre-crash seat belts are responsible for occupant safety in case of a frontal collision. They are designed to protect an occupant from a possible injury caused due to the seat belt. Pre-crash seat belts are operated by a motor attached to a sensor, which senses a possible crash and tightens the belt in order to minimize injury. The pre-crash seat belt is activated to prevent an injury when the seat belt system senses excessive pressure on the seat belt and breaks contact with the seat belt anchor.
- Increase in research and development activities and the demand for vehicle occupant safety systems has led to advancements in seat belt systems of vehicles. Modern seat belt systems are more reliable as compared to the older variants. Pre-crash seat belt is a key component of the seat belt system and is responsible for engaging the seat belt system when the vehicle accelerates or decelerates suddenly. Rising installation of seatbelt systems in vehicles is driving the automotive pre-crash seat belt market.
Key drivers of automotive pre- crash seat belt market
- An integrated safety system offers the benefit of crash avoidance and reduction of severity of the crash. The industry developed various products for driver assistance and safety, such as Pre-Crash Brake Assist (PBA), Full Range Active Cruise Control (ACC), and Lane Departure Warning System (LDWS). The monitoring system plays an important role of detecting hazardous objects and kinematic characteristics such as speed, direction, collision time, and object distinction. The monitoring system splits the driving condition into two zones; collision avoidance zone and collision mitigation zone. The collision mitigation zone is composed of the “pre-crash” and “post contact” states. Pre-crash technologies activate countermeasures prior to impact in order to reduce the crash severity.
- Rise in demand for luxury vehicles attributed to an increase in disposable income and improvement in standards of living is driving the global pre-crash seat belt market. Furthermore, a key reason for customers to buy a luxury vehicle is the integration of advanced safety features in these vehicles. Several automakers are attracting customers by providing advanced luxurious features including multiple air bags, connected technology, and advanced safety features.
- Stringent regulations pertaining to vehicle safety are further boosting the global automotive pre-crash seat belt market. Several governments and regulatory authorities have taken initiatives and enacted country-wide vehicle standards and legislations that mandate implementation of seat belt system in a vehicle in order to address the issue of increasing accidental fatalities. For instance, CENTRAL MOTOR VEHICLES RULES 1989, Rule 125 (1), India requires automakers to equip every vehicle with the seat belt for vehicle driver and other occupants. Similar regulations have been enacted in several countries including the U.S., Canada, Germany, China, France, Russia, and Japan.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Pre-crash Seat Belt Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of automotive pre-crash seat belt market
- Several free-trade agreements between Europe-Asia and UAS-Asia have resulted in economic growth of counties such as India, China, Malaysia, and South Korea in Asia Pacific, which has boosted the disposable income and living standards of the population in the region. This, in turn, is shifting consumer preference toward owning a vehicle which has advance safety features.
- Legislations enacted by governments and organizations of various countries are compelling automakers to increase integration of safety features in vehicles. For instance, the Government of the UK, UN regulations, EU Standards on Vehicle Safety by European Transport Safety Council, and safety regulation by SIAM India are a few governing authorities that have made installation of anti-theft systems, vehicle tracking systems, vehicle immobilizing systems mandatory in vehicles. This, in turn, drives the adoption of vehicle occupant protection systems.
Key players operating in automotive pre- crash seat belt market:
The automotive pre-crash seat belt market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the automotive pre- crash seat belt market are:
- DENSO Corporation
- Continental AG
- Autoliv Inc.
- Takata India Pvt Ltd.
- TOKAIRIKA CO Ltd.
- BERGER GROUP, GWR Co.
- Goradia Industries Ltd.
- Seat Belt Solutions LLC
- ZF Friedrichshafen AG
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Pre-crash Seat Belt Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Pre-crash Seat Belt Market, by Type
- Preload Type
- Preroll preload Type
Global Automotive Pre-crash Seat Belt Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
Global Automotive Pre-crash Seat Belt Market, by Technology
- Digressive Load Limiters
- Progressive Load Limiters
- Adaptive/ Switchable Load Limiters
Global Automotive Pre-crash Seat Belt Market, by Component
- Buckle Lifters
Global Automotive Pre-crash Seat Belt Market, by Electric Vehicle Type
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle
- Fully Electric Vehicle
Global Automotive Pre-crash Seat Belt Market, by Autonomous Type
- Fully autonomous vehicle
- Semi-autonomous vehicle
Global Automotive Pre-crash Seat Belt Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Pre-crash Seat Belt Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.