Automotive Morphing Controls: Introduction
- The automotive transfer case is a unit of gears that distributes the power between front and rear axle of an all-wheel drive (AWD) or a four-wheel drive (4WD) vehicle. In the all-wheel drive mode, the transfer case distributes torque among all the four wheels of a vehicle and if one wheel loses traction, higher torque goes to the wheel with less traction.
- The power transfer unit is usually made of cast iron or cast aluminum, and the assembly consists of a planetary gear unit. The gear unit transfers power from the transmission to the front and rear axles of vehicles through drive shafts.
Key drivers of automotive power transfer unit market
- Increased penetration of utility vehicles across the globe is anticipated to offer significant opportunity to the automotive power transfer unit market. Increasing consumer trends toward luxury and comfort vehicles has prompted automakers to develop vehicles with large cabin space, enhanced ride handling, and better fuel economy, which has led to an increase in sale of the utility vehicles across the globe. Majority of utility vehicle manufacturers focus on increasing power delivery and maintaining vehicle efficiency of vehicles, which in turn offers sizable opportunity for players operating in the automotive power transfer unit market.
- Stringent regulations pertaining to vehicle emissions are expected to propel the global automotive power transfer unit market. Automakers are continuously investing in vehicle technologies to reduce the amount of fuel consumption, leading to higher efficiency and lesser vehicle emissions. For instance, in March 2017, American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc. (AAM) announced the launch of QUANTUM driveline technology. This technology is can be adopted in a wide range of vehicles types such as passenger vehicles and commercial vehicles. Additionally, the new technology is lightweight, possesses enhanced power density, improved noise vibration and harshness (NVH) resistance, and improves fuel efficiency. This technology can enhance fuel efficiency by 1% to 1.5%.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Automotive Power Transfer Unit Market: Restraint
- Automotive power transfer cases are not utilized in two-wheel drive vehicles. Therefore, the automotive transfer case witnesses low adoption in two-wheel drive vehicles including entry level segments, hatchbacks, and compact vehicles. This, in turn, is anticipated to hinder the global automotive power transfer unit market.
Asia Pacific to account for major share of global automotive power transfer unit market
- In terms of region, the global automotive power transfer unit market can be segmented into North America, Europe, Latin America, Asia Pacific, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to lead the of the automotive power transfer unit market during the forecast period owing to increase in focus of automakers on producing high performance SUVs, which are equipped with 4WD or AWD to enhance safety and comfort. Additionally, high demand for passenger vehicles and rise in demand for SUVs (sport utility vehicles) is further propelling the global automotive power transfer unit market in Asia Pacific.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Power Transfer Unit Market
The global automotive power transfer unit market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few players operating in the automotive power transfer unit market are:
- American Axle & Manufacturing, Inc.
- GKN Automotive (GKN Plc)
- ZF Friedrichshafen
- Magna International
- Schaeffler AG
- Meritor Heavy Vehicle Systems LLC
- Marmon Group
- Hyundai Dymos Inc.
- Fabco Automotive Corporation
- Univance Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Power Transfer Unit Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Power Transfer Unit Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Power Transfer Unit Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicles
- Luxury Vehicles
- Mini Vehicles
- Utility Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicles
- Heavy Commercial Vehicles
Global Automotive Power Transfer Unit Market, by Vehicle Drive Type
- All-wheel drive
- Four-wheel drive
Global Automotive Power Transfer Unit Market, by Engine Drive Type
- Chain Drive
- Gear Drive
Global Automotive Power Transfer Unit Market, by Transmission
- Automatic Transmission
- Manual Transmission
Global Automotive Power Transfer Unit Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Power Transfer Unit Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.