Automotive Occupant Detection System Market: Introduction
- Increase in demand for passenger safety in an automobiles is anticipated to propel the global automotive occupant detection system market. Occupant or passenger safety and protection are of key importance while designing a vehicle. The design and function of an occupant detection system aims to detect the presence of an occupant in the vehicle. The occupant detection system coupled with occupant position sensors and occupant classification system can detect the presence of a child occupant in the rear seat in order to enable or disable vehicle safety features including airbags and inflatable seat belts.
- The occupant detection system comprises several sensors including infrared sensors and ultrasonic sensors that senses motion, distance, and body thermal properties of an occupant. These sensors collect data regarding the presence of an occupant and subsequently, transmit this data to the electronic control unit (ECU), which either activates or deactivates the actuators responsible for deploying occupant protection system.
Key drivers of global automotive occupant detection system market
- Increasingly stringent regulations pertaining to passenger safety are anticipated to prompt automakers to implement passenger and driver safety technologies including occupant classifications systems, occupant detection systems, and occupant protections systems in their vehicles. This, in turn, is propelling the global automotive occupant detection system market. These systems detect a passenger and deploy safety systems such as airbags or seatbelt retractors in case of a vehicle crash.
- Increasing demand to reduce fatalities in vehicle crashes is expected to drive the global market for automotive occupant detection systems. The death toll in vehicle crashes, in 2018, was registered to be 1.35 million, globally. Efficient deployment of an airbag coupled with seatbelt can reduce the risk of receiving a fatal injury by 45% for front seat passenger and by 73% for rear seat passengers. Therefore, an occupant detection system, which is responsible for activating the deployment of airbags in a vehicle, plays a major role in enhancing occupant safety.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Failure of electronic components to hamper global automotive occupant detection system market
- An occupant protection system comprises infrared sensors, motion detector, and an electronic control unit besides other electronic components. Irregular vehicle checkup and maintenance may cause early malfunction of these components.
- Function of infrared sensors and ultrasonic sensors is affected by the weather and surrounding conditions. This is likely to provide erroneous input information to the ECU, which may result in delay or failure to deploy vehicle safety systems. This possibility of malfunction of sensors is likely to hamper the global automotive occupant detection system market
North America and Asia Pacific to hold significant share of global automotive occupant detection system market
- North America is anticipated to dominate the automotive occupant detection system market. Stringent regulatory norms and vehicle standards regarding passenger safety mandated by government authorities in North America are driving the automotive occupant detection system market in the region. For instance, U.S. Department of Transportation (DoT) is expected to provide safety ratings for vehicle manufacturers according to the performance of a vehicle in terms of safety & security.
- The automotive occupant detection system market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand significantly attributed to the implementation of safety measures in automobiles across various countries including Thailand, China, and India. These regulations coupled with increasing consumer awareness about vehicle safety is fueling the automotive occupant sensing system market in the region.
Key players operating in global automotive occupant detection system market:
The global automotive occupant detection system market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive occupant detection system market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Delphi Technologies
- LeddarTech Inc.
- Continental AG
- Hamamatsu Photonics K.K.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- FURUKAWA ELECTRIC CO., LTD.
- ZF Friedrichshafen Ag
- HYUNDAI MOBIS
- Schneider Electric.
- LeddarTech Inc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Occupant Detection System Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Occupant Detection System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Occupant Detection System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial
- Heavy Commercial
Global Automotive Occupant Detection System Market, by Propulsion Type
- Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
Global Automotive Occupant Detection System Market, by Component
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
Global Automotive Occupant Detection System Market, by Manufacturer
Global Automotive Occupant Detection System Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.