Automotive Occupant Detection System Market: Introduction
- Increase in demand for passenger safety in an automobiles is anticipated to propel the global automotive occupant detection system market. Occupant or passenger safety and protection are of key importance while designing a vehicle. The design and function of an occupant detection system aims to detect the presence of an occupant in the vehicle. The occupant detection system coupled with occupant position sensors and occupant classification system can detect the presence of a child occupant in the rear seat in order to enable or disable vehicle safety features including airbags and inflatable seat belts.
- The occupant detection system comprises several sensors including infrared sensors and ultrasonic sensors that senses motion, distance, and body thermal properties of an occupant. These sensors collect data regarding the presence of an occupant and subsequently, transmit this data to the electronic control unit (ECU), which either activates or deactivates the actuators responsible for deploying occupant protection system.
Key drivers of global automotive occupant detection system market
- Increasingly stringent regulations pertaining to passenger safety are anticipated to prompt automakers to implement passenger and driver safety technologies including occupant classifications systems, occupant detection systems, and occupant protections systems in their vehicles. This, in turn, is propelling the global automotive occupant detection system market. These systems detect a passenger and deploy safety systems such as airbags or seatbelt retractors in case of a vehicle crash.
- Increasing demand to reduce fatalities in vehicle crashes is expected to drive the global market for automotive occupant detection systems. The death toll in vehicle crashes, in 2018, was registered to be 1.35 million, globally. Efficient deployment of an airbag coupled with seatbelt can reduce the risk of receiving a fatal injury by 45% for front seat passenger and by 73% for rear seat passengers. Therefore, an occupant detection system, which is responsible for activating the deployment of airbags in a vehicle, plays a major role in enhancing occupant safety.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Failure of electronic components to hamper global automotive occupant detection system market
- An occupant protection system comprises infrared sensors, motion detector, and an electronic control unit besides other electronic components. Irregular vehicle checkup and maintenance may cause early malfunction of these components.
- Function of infrared sensors and ultrasonic sensors is affected by the weather and surrounding conditions. This is likely to provide erroneous input information to the ECU, which may result in delay or failure to deploy vehicle safety systems. This possibility of malfunction of sensors is likely to hamper the global automotive occupant detection system market
North America and Asia Pacific to hold significant share of global automotive occupant detection system market
- North America is anticipated to dominate the automotive occupant detection system market. Stringent regulatory norms and vehicle standards regarding passenger safety mandated by government authorities in North America are driving the automotive occupant detection system market in the region. For instance, U.S. Department of Transportation (DoT) is expected to provide safety ratings for vehicle manufacturers according to the performance of a vehicle in terms of safety & security.
- The automotive occupant detection system market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand significantly attributed to the implementation of safety measures in automobiles across various countries including Thailand, China, and India. These regulations coupled with increasing consumer awareness about vehicle safety is fueling the automotive occupant sensing system market in the region.
Key players operating in global automotive occupant detection system market:
The global automotive occupant detection system market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive occupant detection system market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Delphi Technologies
- LeddarTech Inc.
- Continental AG
- Hamamatsu Photonics K.K.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- FURUKAWA ELECTRIC CO., LTD.
- ZF Friedrichshafen Ag
- HYUNDAI MOBIS
- Schneider Electric.
- LeddarTech Inc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Occupant Detection System Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Occupant Detection System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Occupant Detection System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial
- Heavy Commercial
Global Automotive Occupant Detection System Market, by Propulsion Type
- Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
Global Automotive Occupant Detection System Market, by Component
- Electronic Control Unit (ECU)
Global Automotive Occupant Detection System Market, by Manufacturer
Global Automotive Occupant Detection System Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.