Automotive Integrated Cluster Market: Introduction
- Instrument cluster is the primary data source for the driver, which delivers information about various operational parameters of the vehicle. Traditional automotive clusters are designed to provide limited vehicle information, such as vehicle speed, RPM, fuel level, and engine temperature to the driver, with minimal interaction. Increasing complexity of vehicles has led to the emergence of integrated clusters.
- Integrated clusters combine different functionalities in a single unit to provide more convenience to the driver. They possess the capabilities of real-time operating system, entertainment, cluster information, and other display elements.
Key Drivers of Automotive Integrated Cluster Market
- Increase in demand for connected, autonomous, and electric vehicles is fueling the demand for smart instrument clusters. These vehicles have a complex network of sensors and processors that generate a considerable amount of data. It is important to provide user-friendly, lucrative, and cost-effective solutions that support a wide range of automotive cluster applications. Integrated cluster is vital in autonomous driving and ADAS. Integrated clusters from Continental AG, Renesas Electronics Corporation, and others integrate ADAS features in instrument clusters of vehicles. The instrument cluster of Kia XCeed has been incorporated with ADAS features. Thus, a rise in the adoption of next-generation vehicles has boosted the automotive integrated cluster market across the globe.
- The number of road traffic accidents has been increasing for the last few years causing huge loss of life and money. Driver distraction is a major factor contributing toward this growing number of accidents. According to the data of U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, distracted driving took 2,841 lives in 2018 across the country. Sending a text message, talking on a cell phone, using a navigation system, and other such tasks cause distraction to the driver. This has raised awareness about vehicle safety and hence, integrated clusters are being integrated into vehicles. Instrument clusters from Viseton Corporation enables driver to browse a phone book or make a call, or select a destination address for navigation. It also processes data from multiple sensors and displays it to the driver. Smarter computing, more data, and faster data access play a vital role in the safety of drivers and passengers by enabling quick prompting and control action. Thus, a rise in awareness about safety has fueled the global automotive integrated cluster market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Integrated Cluster Market, Request for a Sample
Restrains in Automotive Integrated Cluster Market
- Integrated clusters are powered by various connectivity technologies that make them highly vulnerable to cyber threats. This risk of cyber-attacks hampers the global automotive integrated cluster market.
Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic on Automotive Integrated Cluster Market
- The recent pandemic of COVID-19 affected supply chains of integrated cluster manufacturers, thus creating a shortage of raw materials and components. However, demand for integrated cluster is expected to increase, as governments are easing restrictions and companies are restarting their operations with precautionary measures.
Opportunities in Automotive Integrated Cluster Market
- On-going developments in semiconductor technologies are boosting advancements in conventional integrated clusters with enhanced human-machine interface and 3D graphics display. For instance, in 2017, Texas Instruments Incorporated launched TMS470 microcontroller units (MCUs) for integrated cluster applications, which can drive displays, stepper motors, and other peripherals, thus improving space and cost-efficiency. These ongoing developments in semiconductor technologies to provide better performance and driver experience are expected to propel the global automotive integrated cluster market in the next few years.
Europe and North America hold Significant Share of Global Automotive Integrated Cluster Market
- High disposable income of populations across countries in Europe and North America has led to an increase in sale of luxury cars. For instance, Daimler AG, a luxury car brand, witnessed 1.3% rise in annual sales of 2019 with a majority of sales in Germany. These luxury cars contain multiple complex systems to enhance driver safety and vehicle performance. Information related to functioning of all these systems needs to be displayed to the driver through instrument clusters for monitoring and control. Mercedes-Benz S class, Lexus NX 300h hybrid, Volvo V40, and several other such vehicles feature an integrated cluster. Moreover, strong presence of OEMs in Europe and North America further drives the automotive integrated cluster market.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Integrated Cluster Market
The global automotive integrated cluster market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive integrated cluster market are:
- Altia Inc.
- BlackBerry Limited
- Continental AG
- Cypress Semiconductor Corporation
- DENSO CORPORATION
- Green Hills Software
- HYUNDAI MOBIS
- PATEO Inc.
- Renesas Electronics Corporation
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC
- SILEX Ipari Automatizálási Zrt.
- Texas Instruments Incorporated
- Viseton Corporation
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Integrated Cluster Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Integrated Cluster Market, by Type
Global Automotive Integrated Cluster Market, by Propulsion
- Internal Combustion Engine (ICE)
- Battery Electric Vehicle (BEV)
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle (HEV)
Global Automotive Integrated Cluster Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Luxury/ Premium Vehicles
- Mid-segment Vehicles
- Entry-class Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Integrated Cluster Market, by Component
- Microcontroller Unit (MCU)
- Stepper Motor
- Others (Amplifier, Converter, Regulator)
Global Automotive Integrated Cluster Market, by Sales Channel
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.