Automotive Homologation Services Market
Automotive homologation is the process of certifying vehicles or a particular component in a vehicle that it has satisfied the requirements set by various statutory regulatory bodies. It is mandatory to get this approval to export automobile products or components. Homologation standards are applicable to all kinds of automobiles especially in the areas of environment and safety. Prior to sales of motor vehicles, automotive systems and their components should necessarily have approvals according to the official standards of their destination countries.
The number of rules and norms applying to automobiles has increased globally due to increased emphasis on safety and environmental protection. Automobile and spare part manufacturers and suppliers have to comply with these regulations according to the destination country/ region of their product. These standards aim at improving active and passive car safety, environmental protection as well as the quality of products and production process. Automotive safety and governmental standards vary greatly around the world. Automotive homologation is the process of certifying that these standards have been satisfied. Whether on a full vehicle or component level, the process of testing and subsequent reporting to the regulatory authorities that allow the vehicle to be sold in the U.S. or Europe is arduous, time-consuming, and subject to strict requirements. Intertek’s global experience can be your single source to help guide you through the maze and get you to market faster and more efficiently.
Automotive Homologation Services Market: Overview
The stricter regulations in terms of automotive homologation across the globe and the growing need for assurance of safe and efficient vehicles among a considerable populace can serve as prime growth factors for the automotive homologation services market. The companies offering automotive homologation services help an individual to obtain the ideal approvals required to sell a vehicle in a specific country. The automotive homologation standards aim to enhance car safety, ensure the environmental compliance of the vehicle, and also assure that the parts of the vehicle are of good quality.
The automotive homologation services market provides its services to automobiles like passenger vehicles, motorcycles, commercial vehicles, trailers, and others. Based on sourcing type, the automotive homologation services market can be classified into Outsourced services and In House services.
This report on the automotive homologation services market offers an expanded analysis of the varied growth aspects such as current trends, competitive scenarios, regional overview, and others. The thorough analysis proves of great advantage to the stakeholders and offers a helping hand in designing exceptional strategies for cementing their foothold in the automotive homologation services market. The report also includes the COVID-19 impact on the automotive homologation services market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Automotive Homologation Services Market: Competitive Scenario
The automotive homologation services market can be classified as fragmented with numerous players in fray for offering cutting-edge homologation services. Local players with expertise in their countries are gaining considerable traction. The players in the automotive homologation services market are always engaged in spinning a strong web of network through tie-ups with ISO/IEC 17025-compliant laboratories for expanding their foothold around the globe and assure complete accuracy in test reports of the vehicles.
A focus on developing services based on the latest regulations brings extensive growth opportunities for the players in the automotive homologation services market. Some well-established players in the automotive homologation services market are Applus Services S.A., Lloyd’s Register Group Limited, TÜV SÜD Group, Eurofins Scientific, Formel D, Bureau Veritas S.A., EKRA SE, MISTRAS Group, Inc., and SGS Group.
Automotive Homologation Services Market: Impact of Driverless Technology
The advancements in technology have taken big leaps across the automobile industry. Driverless technology is one of the prominent technological developments and is prophesied to change the dimensions of the automobile industry. As the production and global reach of autonomous vehicles gain traction, the governments of different countries are coming up with novel regulations regarding autonomous vehicles.
The players in the automotive homologation services market are focusing on these developments and are investing in comprehensive capabilities for supporting the success of emerging technologies. Many players in the automotive homologation services market are offering services that cover Bluetooth compliance, device durability testing, cellular regulatory and carrier approvals, etc.
- Such developments may bring immense growth prospects for the automotive homologation services market. Here are some developments regarding the regulations for autonomous vehicles.
- The Australian Transport Ministry is developing a national regulatory framework to allow smooth operations of autonomous vehicles in Australia and the work is stated to complete in 2021
- The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) recently announced the new Automated Vehicle Transparency and Engagement for Safe Testing Initiative Test (AV Test) that will help in tracking the status of Autonomous Vehicles’ (AVs) in the U.S.
- The German Government is in the process of preparing legislation commercializing driverless vehicle technology soon; it will be the first comprehensive legal framework that will cover road traffic requirements and homologation for robot axis
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Homologation Services Market, Request for a Sample
Automotive Homologation Services Market: Regional Segmentation
The automotive homologation services market is spread across North America, Latin America, the Middle East and Africa, Europe, and Asia Pacific. Europe may contribute greatly to the automotive homologation services market during the forecast period due to the increase in automotive production activities in the region. The growing influence of autonomous vehicles may also bring considerable growth for the automotive homologation services market.
Asia Pacific may also hold a substantial share of the automotive homologation services market due to the escalating foreign trade activities.
This intelligence report by TMR is the outcome of intense study and rigorous assessment of various dynamics shaping the growth of the market. TMR nurtures a close-knit team of analysts, strategists, and industry experts who offer clients tools, methodologies, and frameworks to make smarter decisions. Our objective, insights, and actionable analytics provide CXOs and executives to advance their mission-critical priorities with confidence.
The scrutiny of the various forces impacting the dynamics of the market, and key and associated industries, guides enterprises in understanding various consumer propositions. Our clients leverage these insights and perspectives to enhance customer experience in the fast-paced business environment.
All our insights and perspectives are broadly based on 4 Pillars or Stages: ASBC-S, which offer an elaborate and customizable framework for the success of an organization. The essence and the roles of these in organizational successes are highlighted below:
- Agenda for CXOs: TMR, through the study, sets the tone for agendas that are pertinent to CEOs, CFOs, CIOs, and other CXO executives of businesses operating in the market. The perspectives help our clients to bridge the gap between agenda and action plan. TMR strives to offer guidance to CXOs to undertake mission-critical activities empowered by various business analysis tools, and boost the performance of the organizations. The perspectives guide you to decide on your own marketing mix that align well with the policies, visions, and mission.
- Strategic Frameworks: The study offers how organizations are setting both short-term and long-term strategic plans. Our team of experts collaborate and communicate with you to understand these to make your organizations sustainable and resilient during tough times. The insights help them decide sustainable competitive advantage for each business units.
- Benchmarking for Deciding Target Markets and Brand Positioning: The assessments in the study provides a scrutiny of marketing channels and marketing mix. Our various teams work synergistically with you to help identify your actual and potential direct, indirect, and budget competition areas. Additionally, the study helps you decide most effective budgets for various processes and promotional activities. Furthermore, the study guides you to set benchmarks for integrating people and processes with the 4Ps of marketing. Eventually, this will empower you to find out unique propositioning strategies and niches.
- Business Composability for Sustainability (C-S): Constant strategy planning for sustainability characterizing our C-S framework in the report has become more relevant than before in the face of disruptions caused by pandemics, recessions, boom and bust cycles, and changing geopolitical scenario. The TMR study offers a high level of customization to help you achieve business composability. Composable enterprises are increasingly gaining the attention of CXOs in order to help them combat market volatility. Our analysts and industry experts help you wade through such uncertainties and guide you to become a smart sustainable business in entirety.
The study presents scrutiny of region-specific consumer and technology trends, including the most recent industry dynamics. These broadly cover but not limited to
- North America, South America, and the Americas
- Asia Pacific and Japan
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
The study offers data-driven insights and guidance of several aspects. Some of the more notable questions are:
- What are the major recent trends that can influence the product life cycle and the RoI?
- Which regulatory trends shape corporate-level, business-level, and functional-level strategies?
- Which micromarketing initiatives of leading players will bring in investments?
- What can be the best framework and tools for PESTLE analysis?
- Which regions will witness rise in new opportunities?
- Which are the game-changing technologies being used to capture new revenue streams in the near future?
- Which operational and tactical frameworks are being adopted by various players in gaining customer loyalty?
- What is the current and expected intensity of competition the market in the near future?
Disclaimer: This market research study is an ongoing effort and extreme care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy at all stages. However, in the light of the rapidly evolving business dynamics, some region-specific or other segment-specific changes may take time to be part of the study.