Automotive Exhaust Emission Reduction System: Introduction
- An exhaust emission control device is employed in vehicles to limit the discharge of noxious gases, such as carbon monoxide (CO), nitrogen oxides (NO), and hydrocarbons (HC), from the engine, crankcase, carburetor, and other parts of the vehicle. The catalytic converter is an exhaust emission control device that contains ceramic pellets coated with a thin layer of metals such as palladium and platinum. These metals act as a catalyst, which converts noxious gases into less toxic pollutants and helps reduce their effect on the environment. These devices are integrated into combustion chambers, ignition systems, and intake manifolds, which control exhaust emissions and enhance fuel economy of vehicles.
- Increase in research and development on the exhaust system and environmental issues have prompted vehicle manufacturers to reduce the emission of exhaust gases from their vehicles
Key drivers of global automotive exhaust emission reduction system market
- Currently, air pollution is a major global issue and around 4.2 million deaths are estimated to occur due to air pollution. This is due to an increase in the number of vehicles that emit harmful gases such as carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, and carbon dioxide. Consequently, it is necessary to reduce the emission of such harmful gases.
- Governments across the globe have enacted stringent regulations on the emission of pollutants from vehicles caused due to the combustion of fuels such as petrol, diesel, and biodiesel. Euro 6 or BS6 are the latest emission regulations that specify the permissible amount of gases such as carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, and carbon dioxide. By Using the Technology like Selective Catalytic Reduction, the emission can be controlled.
- Rise in disposable income in countries such as China, India, and Germany, is offering significant opportunity to the market. However, an increase in the demand for electric vehicles and a ban on internal combustion engines (ICEs) announced by various governments of developed and developing countries are driving the market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Exhaust Emission Reduction System Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of global automotive exhaust emission reduction system market
- Presently, Asia Pacific dominates the market, followed by Europe, Latin America, East Africa, and North America. China dominated the global emission control technology market in 2018, while the market in France is projected to expand at a significant growth rate during the forecast period.
- Governments across the globe are taking initiatives to control the emission of greenhouse gases from diverse sectors of the transportation industry such as off highways, automotive, rolling stock, marine, and industrial. Developments in selective catalytic reduction and urea tank are estimated to boost the vehicle exhaust emission reduction system market.
Key players operating in global automotive exhaust emission reduction system market
The global automotive exhaust emission reduction system market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive exhaust emission reduction system market are:
- Faurecia Co Ltd.
- Tenneco Inc.
- Continental AG
- Eberspacher GmBH
- Futaba Industrial Co Ltd
- Bentler International
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Exhaust Emission Reduction System Market: Research Scope
Global Exhaust Emission Reduction System Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
- 2 or 3 Wheeler
Global Exhaust Emission Reduction System Market, by Component
- Diesel Particulate Filter
- Gasoline Particulate Filter
- Selective Catalytic Reduction
- Exhaust Gas Recirculation
- Urea Tank
Global Exhaust Emission Reduction System Market, by Fuel Type
Global Exhaust Emission Reduction System Market, by Number of Strokes
- 2 stroke
Global Exhaust Emission Reduction System Market, by Autonomous Type
- Fully Automatic
Global Exhaust Emission Reduction System Market, by Sales Channel
Global Exhaust Emission Reduction System Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.