Automotive Engine Rocker System: Introduction
- The rocker arm is a crucial component of an IC-engine, and it converts and transmits the rotary motion of a camshaft into reciprocating motion. This reciprocating motion enables the opening and closing of the valves via the valve lifter (tappet).
- The timing of valve opening and closing decides the amount of air entering the combustion chamber and subsequently, determines the air-fuel mixture ratio. The rocker arm plays an important role in maintaining vehicle efficiency, as it is responsible for the timely opening and closing of the engine valve.
Key drivers of global automotive engine rocker system market
- Rise in demand for vehicles with lower emissions and high fuel-efficiency is likely to propel the global automotive engine rocker system market. For instance, the European Commission has enacted Regulation (EU) 2019/1242, under which manufacturers of heavy duty commercial vehicles have been compelled to reduce CO2 emission by 30% below 2005 levels between 2020 and 2030. This initiative has been taken in accordance with the Paris Agreement and aims to curb climate change by improving vehicle efficiency and reducing emissions. Vehicle standards and legislations enforced by government authorities and regulatory bodies are also prompting automakers to manufacture vehicles with greater air-fuel ratio, which ensures lower vehicle emissions. For instance, EURO 6 in Europe, Bharat Stage VI in India, and China 6 standard in China are a few standards enacted to reduce emissions in their respective countries.
- Weight reduction of the engine and its components in vehicles is driving technological developments in internal combustion engines. Lightweight components enable automakers to increase vehicle efficiency. The engine rocker system, commonly referred to as rocker arm, is made of steel, aluminum, and alloys, which possess high strength and light weight, and are used in high speed engines.
- The failure of a rocker arm makes the engine useless. Moreover, the cost of replacing an automotive engine rocker system, in case of failure, is high. The failure of an automotive engine rocker system is attributed to stress concentration owing to load. Consequently, automakers are prompting designers and technicians to explore new technologies and methods to manufacture engine rocker systems. Various companies worldwide are investing heavily in research and development which focuses on using different material, alloys, manufacturing methods to produce better engine rocker systems. This, in turn, is driving the global automotive engine rocker system market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Increase in use of titanium to manufacture rocker arm to boost global automotive engine rocker system market
- Engine rocker arms need to possess high thermal resistance so that the engine cooling functions effectively. Rocker arms made of titanium are stronger, more durable, and can withstand high temperatures. Consequently, these are being preferred by OEMs and aftermarket players. Increasing usage of titanium to manufacture automotive engine rocker arm is driving the global automotive engine rocker system market.
Rising demand for electric vehicles to restrain automotive engine rocker system market
- Traditional internal combustion engines are facing a challenge from electric vehicle automakers. Rising concerns about global warming and climate change are prompting automakers to develop electrical vehicles, which are emission free. Recent technological advancements in vehicle batteries have enabled vehicles to cover longer distances per charge. The operational cost of an electrical vehicles is low as compared to that of gasoline or diesel operated vehicles. For instance, a study conducted in the U.S. reveals that the cost per mile for an electrically powered vehicle is US$ 0.04 and a vehicle can drive approximately 100 miles for US$ 3.4, while the operating cost of a gasoline vehicle with average of 22 miles per gallon is roughly US$ 3.5.
- Low cost per mile driven, low maintenance cost, and reduced noise and vibrations are a few benefits that are driving the demand for electrical vehicles, which in turn is hampering the global automotive engine rocker system market
Asia Pacific to hold prominent share of global automotive engine rocker system market
- Presence of numerous state-of-the-art material science research and development centers in China is likely to fuel development of materials that are lightweight, thermal resistant, and are available at low cost in the automobile industry.
- Strategic investments by major OEMs and domestic players in China, India, Japan, and South Korea are propelling manufacturing industries in Asia Pacific. All the factors mentioned above are likely to boost the automotive engine rocker system market in Asia Pacific.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Automotive Engine Rocker System Market, ask for a customized report
Key players operating in global automotive engine rocker system market:
The global automotive engine rocker system market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive engine rocker system market are:
- Xuernuo Industrial (Dongguan) Co., Limited
- Schaeffler Group USA Inc.
- Federal-Mogul Global Aftermarket EMEA bvba (Federal-Mogul LLC)
- OE Pushrods
- ANS International
- PRW Industries, Inc.
- Indo Schöttle Pvt. Ltd.
- AmTech International
- Schweiger Fulpmes GmbH
- Engine Parts (UK) LTD
- Gpp (Ghaziabad Precision Products)
- EDELBROCK, LLC.
- Eurocams Ltd.
- Guangzhou Kowze Auto Parts Co., Ltd.
- HITCHINER Manufacturing Co., Inc.
Global Automotive Engine Rocker System Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Engine Rocker System Market, by Vehicle Type
Global Automotive Engine Rocker System Market, by Fuel
Global Automotive Engine Rocker System Market, by Engine Type
- Overhead Cam Engine
- Push Rod Engine
Global Automotive Engine Rocker System Market, by Material
- High Strength Alloy Steels
- Anodized Aluminum
- High Strength Alloy Aluminum
Global Automotive Engine Rocker System Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Engine Rocker System Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.