Automotive EGR Valves: Introduction
- In modern internal combustion engines, exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) is a method to control nitrogen oxide (NOx) emissions produced as a by-product during the combustion process. Air from the environment, mostly a combination of oxygen and nitrogen, combines with fuel and ignites inside the combustion chamber, which boosts the temperature and produces NOx emissions. The EGR system returns a small portion of exhaust gas to the engine's combustion chamber through the intake manifold, lowering combustion temperatures and subsequently, reduces the amount of NOx emitted.
- The EGR valve is the main component of the EGR system, and it's normally closed. It connects the exhaust manifold to the intake manifold and is controlled by either a vacuum or a built-in electric step motor. The function of the EGR valve is to control the flow of exhaust gas being recirculated, depending on the engine load.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive EGR Valves Market:
- Most vehicle manufacturers are incorporating the EGR technology in their vehicles, as EGR helps reduce the emission of toxic gases. EGR provides vehicle manufacturers a cost-effective, compact, and reliable method to reduce vehicle emission and increase fuel-efficiency of the vehicle. It is rapidly gaining popularity as a standard solution to boost efficiency of gasoline and hybrid propulsion systems. Increase in demand for EGR technology, owing to its advantages, is likely to boost the EGR valve market during the forecast period.
- Rising commercialization at significant pace in developing countries, such as China and India, has driven the demand for commercial vehicles in these countries. Furthermore, commercial vehicles are utilized to generate revenue, and higher fuel economy of commercial vehicles boosts revenues of vehicle owners. Consequently, owners prefer vehicles that offer higher fuel economy. Demand for enhanced fuel-efficiency with better performance is likely to boost the market for EGR valves during the forecast period.
- Stringent emission norms for automobiles are likely to boost the EGR valve market, owing to its capability to enhance efficiency of the internal combustion engine, in terms of power as well as fuel economy. EGR optimizes the intake and exhaust gases and circulates them in the cylinder till they burn completely, thereby reducing emissions. Automakers are replacing the conventional systems with EGR systems in order to comply with the stringent emission norms. This in turn, is driving the global market for automotive EGR valve.
Global Automotive EGR Valves Market to Offer Attractive Opportunities:
- EGR valve improves the engine’s life by reducing the temperature in the combustion chamber, which enhances engine efficiency and fuel economy. This is a major factor fueling the EGR valve market. Rapid collection of soot due to the constant use of vehicles in the urban environment is a key factor that can hinder the EGR valves market. Rise in the number of vehicle propels the demand for EGR valve in order to attain fuel economy. These factors are estimated to offer significant opportunities to the market in the next few years.
COVID–19 Pandemic to hamper market:
- The COVID-19 crisis is affecting economies and industries in various countries due to lockdowns, travel bans, and business lockdowns. The global material supplier industry is suffering serious disruptions such as supply chain breaks and office shutdowns. For instance, China is a global manufacturing hub and raw material supplier of various industries; it is also one of the worst affected countries. The lockdown of various plants and factories in China is restricting the global supply chains and disrupting manufacturing, delivery schedules, and various material sales. Various companies announced possible delays in product deliveries and slump in future sales of their products. All these factors are anticipated to hamper the global automotive EGR valves market across the globe.
Asia Pacific Excluding Japan to Hold Significant Share of Global Automotive EGR Valves Market:
- Asia Pacific, excluding Japan, comprises rapidly expanding economies, including India and those in ASEAN, which is likely to witness higher demand for vehicles and consequently, boost the automotive EGR valves market during the forecast period.
- Asia Pacific, excluding Japan, held a leading share of the global automotive EGR Valves market due to higher volume of vehicles produced in prominent countries, including China, and lower manufacturing and labor cost across the region. Moreover, availability of inexpensive labor and raw material in the region coupled with increasing number of local manufacturers is likely to propel the market in Asia Pacific, excluding Japan, during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market:
The global automotive EGR valves market is highly fragmented with top manufacturers across the global market. A few of the key players operating and potential in the global automotive EGR valves market are:
- Shengtai Automobile Parts
- SHB Group
- Valeo SA
- Shanghai SIIC Transportation Electric
- Schaeffler AG
- BorgWarner Inc.
- Automotive LLP
- Delphi ANSYS Inc.
- DENSO Europe B.V.
- Friedrich Boysen GmbH & Co. KG
- IAV GmbH
Global Automotive EGR Valves Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive EGR Valves Market, by Fuel
Global Automotive EGR Valves Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive EGR Valves Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive EGR Valves Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
With a robust experience in creating exceptional market reports, Transparency Market Research has emerged as one of the trusted market research companies among a large number of stakeholders and CXOs. Every report at Transparency Market Research goes through rigorous research activity in every aspect. The researchers at TMR keep a close watch on the market and extract beneficial growth-boosting points. These points help the stakeholders to strategize their business plans accordingly.
TMR researchers conduct exhaustive qualitative and quantitative research. This research involves taking inputs from the experts in the market, focused attention on recent developments, and others. This method of research makes TMR stand out from other market research firms.
Here's how Transparency Market Research helps the stakeholders and CXOs through the reports:
Inculcation and Evaluation of Strategic Collaborations: The TMR researchers analyze recent strategic activities like mergers, acquisitions, partnerships, collaborations, and joint ventures. All the information is compiled and included in the report.
Perfect Market Size Estimations: The report analyzes the demographics, growth potential, and capability of the market through the forecast period. This factor leads to the estimation of the market size and also provides an outline about how the market will retrieve growth during the assessment period.
Investment Research: The report focuses on the ongoing and upcoming investment opportunities across a particular market. These developments make the stakeholders aware of the current investment scenario across the market.
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.