Automotive Automatic Pop-up Hood Market: Introduction
- The automotive hood or bonnet is a hinged cover for the engine in a front-engine vehicle. It protects the engine from the environment and provides access for repair and maintenance activities. Automatic pop-up hood systems have been developed to reduce the severity of pedestrian injury for vehicles that have a narrow space between the hood and rigid parts in the engine compartment.
- In an automatic pop-up hood, a network of sensors is used to detect a collision with a pedestrian, which transmits a signal to the actuator. Subsequently, the actuator lifts the rear part of the hood upwards, near the hinges, thus creating a space between the hood and hard engine parts to minimize the impact to the pedestrian. Automatic pop-up hoods have a resettable mechanism, which enables to reset the hood to its normal position.
Key Drivers of Automotive Automatic Pop-up Hood Market
- Increase in number of on-road vehicles and congestion in urban areas has led to a considerable rise in road-traffic accidents globally. The U.S Centers for Disease Control and Prevention stated that in 2017, around 5,977 pedestrians were killed and 137,000 were injured across the U.S. These concerns regarding the severity of a potential pedestrian injury during a collision with a vehicle have led to the adoption of automatic pop-up hoods. Automobile consortiums and associations worldwide are encouraging the integration and development automatic pop-up hood systems. Japan Automobile Manufacturers Association, Inc. recommends automakers in the country to deploy pedestrian safety technologies including automatic pop-up hoods on vehicles. In another instance, Global Human Body Models Consortium (GHBMC), a U.S.-based consortium of automakers and suppliers is assisting companies to develop and deploy automatic pop-up hoods. Thus, an increase in awareness about pedestrian safety is propelling the automotive automatic pop-up hood market across the globe.
- Automakers are increasingly focusing on vehicle on-road safety to achieve higher rating from transportation regulatory agencies. High safety ratings better places the vehicle model in the market and it is considered a highly important factor by customers when purchasing vehicles. Pedestrian safety technologies including automatic pop-up hoods improve the safety ratings of vehicles. Australian New Car Assessment Program (ANCAP) and European New Car Assessment Programme (Euro NCAP) have included this system in their safety rating requirements. Consequently, numerous automakers, such as Hyundai Motor Company, Ford Motor Company, Honda Motor Company, Ltd., and Toyota Motor Corporation, have incorporated automatic pop-up hoods in their vehicles. Thus, a rise in importance of vehicle safety rating is driving the global automotive automatic pop-up hood market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Automatic Pop-up Hood Market, Request for a Sample
Challenges in Automotive Automatic Pop-up Hood Market
- Pop up hoods operated by pyrotechnic actuators heat up excessively and could cause scalding or injury if a person touches the actuator. Furthermore, if the lifter in these actuators gets cut, it causes the inflator to explode and results in a fatal injury. These systems are single use and need to be replaced or refitted after every use. Hence, technological limitations of actuator technology are restraining the global automotive automatic pop-upmarket.
Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on Automotive Automatic Pop-up Hood Market
- The recent pandemic of COVID-19 has disrupted automotive supply chains, thus creating a shortage of raw materials and components. However, demand for automotive automatic pop-up is expected to increase in the near future, as governments are likely to ease restrictions and companies are projected to restart their operations with precautionary measures.
Europe and North America to hold significant share of automotive automatic pop-up hood market
- Automatic pop-up hoods are more commonly installed in luxury vehicles. American International Automobile Dealers and International Council on Clean Transportation state that sales of luxury vehicles is rising in Europe and North America, which is a key factor boosting the demand for automatic pop-up hoods in these regions.
- Transportation regulatory agencies such as the U.S. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and the European Union have mandated pedestrian safety technologies in vehicles. These favorable regulatory transformations are further driving the share held by Europe and North America in the global automotive automatic pop-up hood market.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Automatic Pop-up Hood Market
The global automotive automatic pop-up hood market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the automotive automatic pop-up hood market are:
- Tier 1 Companies
- TLX Technologies
- Autoliv Inc.
- Daimler AG
- Volkswagen AG
- BMW AG
- General Motors
- Hyundai Motor Company
- Ford Motor Company
- Honda Motor Company, Ltd.
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- Groupe Renault
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Automatic Pop-up Hood Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Automatic Pop-up Hood Market, by Actuator Technology
- Pyrotechnic actuators
Global Automotive Automatic Pop-up Hood Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Luxury/ Premium Vehicles
- Mid-segment Vehicles
- Entry-class Vehicles
- Commercial Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Automatic Pop-up Hood Market, by Sales Channel
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.