Ambroxol Hydrochloride: Introduction
- Ambroxol hydrochloride is an active pharmaceutical ingredient, which is often used for the treatment of respiratory diseases. It is highly soluble in methanol. Ambroxol hydrochloride is sparingly soluble in water. It is extensively used in the pharmaceutical sector as a secretolytic and secretomotoric agent for inflammatory diseases.
- Ambroxol hydrochloride is the active ingredient of a wide range of medicines. These include Mucosolvan, Lasolvan, and Mucoangin. The natural defense mechanisms of the body are restored due to secretolytic and secretomotoric actions of ambroxol hydrochloride.
- The synthesis of surfactant is stimulated with the use of ambroxol hydrochloride in the body. Generation of surfactant reduces the adherence of mucus on to the bronchial wall. This helps improve and enhance the body’s defense against infections.
Growth in Prevalence of Chronic Respiratory Diseases to Drive Ambroxol Hydrochloride Market
- Rising vulnerability of women and children against chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) is expected to drive the ambroxol hydrochloride market the in near future. According to a blog published by the Forum of International Respiratory Societies on October, 21, 2020, COPD ranks among the most prevalent diseases globally. The COPD disease results in breathlessness, sputum production, and cough. Ambroxol hydrochloride is used in pharmaceutical formulations due to its anesthetic and anti-inflammatory properties. It supports pharmacological activity to relieve acute sore throat. This, in turn, is likely to drive the demand for ambroxol hydrochloride in the near future.
Impact of COVID-19 on Global Ambroxol Hydrochloride Market
- The COVID-19 disease has spread rapidly across the world. This boosted the demand for pharmaceutical products in 2020. Production of medicines for the treatment of respiratory diseases has been rising across the globe.
- Ambroxol hydrochloride belongs to the class of benzylamine. Ambroxol hydrochloride, along with its progenitor bromhexine hydrochloride, is extensively prescribed to treat respiratory tract disorders. Furthermore, its excellent ability to act as secretolytic agent has boosted the consumption of ambroxol hydrochloride for the treatment of the COVID-19 disease. However, the pandemic has compelled various countries to enforce stringent lockdown measures to curb its spread. This has resulted in temporary blockage in supply of raw materials for the manufacture of ambroxol hydrochloride. Nevertheless, the global market is likely to be positively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global Ambroxol Hydrochloride Market
- In terms of region, the global ambroxol hydrochloride market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to constitute major share of the global of ambroxol hydrochloride market during the forecast period. Growth in prevalence of respiratory diseases and rise in aging population are expected to drive the need for medicines in the region. This, in turn, is estimated to people the ambroxol hydrochloride in the region in the near future.
- Majority of manufacturers are concentrated in North America and Europe. Companies are focusing on expansion across Asia Pacific, as the region has large elderly population and the pharmaceutical industry is expanding rapidly.
- Well-established players in the global market have varied supply channels of ambroxol hydrochloride in Latin America and Middle East & Africa
Key Players Operating in Ambroxol Hydrochloride Market
A few manufacturers operate in the global ambroxol hydrochloride market. Producers operating in the global market need to obtain the Certificate of Suitability to manufacture ambroxol hydrochloride. Ambroxol hydrochloride is also manufactured at lab scale for research purposes by manufacturers based in Asia Pacific, North America, and Europe. Key players operating in the global ambroxol hydrochloride market include:
- Shilpa Medicare Ltd.
- Zodiac Life Sciences
- Kores India Pvt Ltd
- Fengchen Group Co.,Ltd
- Hema Pharmaceuticals
- Tokyo Chemical Industry Co.,Ltd
- S.S Pharmachem
- LKT Laboratories
Global Ambroxol Hydrochloride Market: Research Scope
Global Ambroxol Hydrochloride Market, by Form
Global Ambroxol Hydrochloride Market, by Purity
- Purity Less Than 98%
- Purity 98%-99%
- Purity More Than 99%
Global Ambroxol Hydrochloride Market, by Application
- Acute Respiratory Diseases
- Chronic Respiratory Diseases
Global Ambroxol Hydrochloride Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!