Global Advanced Safety Vehicle Technology Market: Introduction
- Advanced safety vehicle technology is a sophisticated safety technology that helps minimize the chances of a collision and enhances vehicle safety. This advanced safety technology is a combination of electronic components, mechatronic components, and IoT platform that regulates, controls, and navigates the vehicle safely.
- According to estimates by the International Organization for Road Accident Prevention, human error accounts for 90% of total accidents worldwide
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Advanced Safety Vehicle Technology Market
- Rise in demand for safer vehicles and advanced safety features is projected to drive the advanced safety vehicle technology market. Vehicles equipped with advanced vehicle safety technology have higher chances to mitigate risk of crash. Demand for advanced safety vehicle technology is increasing, as it helps predict the danger and avoid it.
- Increased consumer awareness toward vehicle safety, such as assessment of safety rating during vehicle purchase, is boosting the adoption of advanced vehicle safety technology. Increased competition among automakers and focus on long-term vision, such as “zero fatalities” by Volvo and “Zero Crash, Zero Emission, Zero Congestion” by General Motors, have influenced other automakers and is boosting the vehicle safety technology market
- Rising stringency of safety norms worldwide and increased competition among automakers to develop the safest car are anticipated to drive the advanced safety vehicle technology market
- Advanced safety vehicle technology is expensive and its malfunction or failure could lead to the possibility of a worse accident, which is a key factor restraining the market
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Blind Spot Detection (BSD) & Lane Keep Assist (LKAS) segment projected to expand at notable CAGR
- Blind spot detection provides an audio-visual warning to the driver if any vehicle approaches from the adjacent lane where the driver has a blind spot. The BSD helps minimizes the risk of a collision and is being increasingly preferred by automakers to develop safer vehicles. Another such technology, namely Lane Keep Assist, which detects the lane marking on the road and navigates the vehicle and minimizes straying of the vehicle and avoids collision, is anticipated to witness significant adoption.
Passenger vehicle segment to hold leading share of advanced safety vehicle technology market
- Based on vehicle type, passenger vehicle is likely to be a highly lucrative segment, as car owners exhibit high preference for advanced technologies regarding safety and comfort
Ultrasonic sensor to hold leading share of market
- Around 4-6 ultrasonic sensors are utilized in vehicles equipped with advanced vehicle safety technology, which has led to significant demand for these sensors. Ultrasonic sensors are effective for detection across a short range. Moreover, these sensors are cost-effective and are also economical; hence, they are highly preferred by automakers.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Advanced Safety Vehicle Technology Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific to lead global advanced safety vehicle technology market
- In terms of region, the global advanced safety vehicle technology market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific accounted for a major share of the global advanced safety vehicle technology market, followed by Europe and North America. Asia Pacific held a major share due to the presence of countries such as China and Japan, which are key manufacturers of vehicles equipped with ADAS features. The U.S., Germany, and China are anticipated to witness significantly high demand for ADAS systems during the forecast period, as these countries are leading the research in technology and major OEMs in these countries have planned to launch models equipped with advanced vehicle safety technology.
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global advanced safety vehicle technology market was highly fragmented in 2018. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Continental AG
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Harman International Industries
- NVIDA Corporation
- Mobileye N.V.
- Renesas Elecronics
- Texas Instruments
Global Advanced Safety Vehicle Technology Market, by Technology
- Automatic Emergency Braking
- Pedestrian Detection
- Lane Departure Warning
- Blind Sport Warning
- Active roll mitigation
- Forward Collision Warning
Global Advanced Safety Vehicle Technology Market, by Component Type
- Camera Unit
Global Advanced Safety Vehicle Technology Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Advanced Safety Vehicle Technology Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.