Active Limited Slip Differential: Introduction
- Active limited slip differential is a type of slip differential that integrates a clutch that, once activated, connects the crown or carrier to the output shaft. The crown or carrier gear is mounted outside and has internal teeth, which engage with the output shaft and the torque can be transferred from the faster side to the slower side. Active limited slip differential offers better traction control while driving off road.
- The primary objective of the active limited slip differential system is to provide enhanced control and traction in all possible driving conditions including control of driving torque, wheel speed, and steering angle. Active limited slip differential system controls the toque transfer in magnitude as well as direction.
Key Drivers of Active Limited Slip Differential Market
- Rise in demand for four-wheel drive system in passenger vehicles and off road vehicles across the globe because these vehicles offers better traction control on slippery roads is projected to boost the active limited slip differential market. Various vehicle manufacturers are trying to develop better vehicle control systems, and this is estimated to boost the active limited slip differential market. Significant demand of four-wheel drive vehicles in desert, mountain places where the driving conditions are difficult and not possible to drive using two wheel drive system, which in turn is likely to propel the active slip differential market.
- Increase in demand for off road vehicles in different applications, including agriculture vehicle for better traction control is estimated to fuel the active limited slip differential market, as off road vehicles are equipped with active slip differential. Additionally, demand for SUVs is high due to enhanced stability and traction control offered by these vehicles. This, in turn, is projected to boost the active limited slip differential market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Active Limited Slip Differential Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific, North America, and Europe to hold prominent share of global active limited slip differential market
- Asia Pacific is expected to account for notable share of the global active limited slip differential market due to an increase in production of vehicles across Asia Pacific. High demand for four-wheel drive in vehicles across India, China, and South Korea in the near future and increase in disposable income and living standards of people across Asia Pacific are estimated to boost the active limited slip differential market in the region.
- Following Asia Pacific, North America is also projected to hold a major share of the global active limited slip differential market due to an increase in the demand for off road vehicles and SUVs across North America. Additionally, Europe is also estimated to hold a notable share of the global active limited slip differential market, as major Tier 1 suppliers and vehicle manufacturers are based in Europe, including GKN Driveline, which have advance research and development facilities.
Key Players Operating in Active Limited Slip Differential Market
The global active limited slip differential market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the active limited slip differential market are:
- GKN plc
- JTEKT Corporation
- Eaton Corporation
- Drexler Automotive GmbH
- BorgWarner Inc.
- Dana Limited
- KAAZ USA
- Linamar Corporation
- Schaeffler Group
- Continental AG
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Active Limited Slip Differential Market: Research Scope
Global Active Limited Slip Differential Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
- Off road Vehicle
Global Active Limited Slip Differential Market, by Power Source
Global Active Limited Slip Differential Market, by Component
- Differential Bearing
- Differential Gear
Global Active Limited Slip Differential Market, by Electric Vehicle
- Battery Electric Vehicle
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle
Global Active Limited Slip Differential Market, by Sales Channel
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.