Active Limited Slip Differential: Introduction
- Active limited slip differential is a type of slip differential that integrates a clutch that, once activated, connects the crown or carrier to the output shaft. The crown or carrier gear is mounted outside and has internal teeth, which engage with the output shaft and the torque can be transferred from the faster side to the slower side. Active limited slip differential offers better traction control while driving off road.
- The primary objective of the active limited slip differential system is to provide enhanced control and traction in all possible driving conditions including control of driving torque, wheel speed, and steering angle. Active limited slip differential system controls the toque transfer in magnitude as well as direction.
Key Drivers of Active Limited Slip Differential Market
- Rise in demand for four-wheel drive system in passenger vehicles and off road vehicles across the globe because these vehicles offers better traction control on slippery roads is projected to boost the active limited slip differential market. Various vehicle manufacturers are trying to develop better vehicle control systems, and this is estimated to boost the active limited slip differential market. Significant demand of four-wheel drive vehicles in desert, mountain places where the driving conditions are difficult and not possible to drive using two wheel drive system, which in turn is likely to propel the active slip differential market.
- Increase in demand for off road vehicles in different applications, including agriculture vehicle for better traction control is estimated to fuel the active limited slip differential market, as off road vehicles are equipped with active slip differential. Additionally, demand for SUVs is high due to enhanced stability and traction control offered by these vehicles. This, in turn, is projected to boost the active limited slip differential market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Active Limited Slip Differential Market, Request for a Sample
Asia Pacific, North America, and Europe to hold prominent share of global active limited slip differential market
- Asia Pacific is expected to account for notable share of the global active limited slip differential market due to an increase in production of vehicles across Asia Pacific. High demand for four-wheel drive in vehicles across India, China, and South Korea in the near future and increase in disposable income and living standards of people across Asia Pacific are estimated to boost the active limited slip differential market in the region.
- Following Asia Pacific, North America is also projected to hold a major share of the global active limited slip differential market due to an increase in the demand for off road vehicles and SUVs across North America. Additionally, Europe is also estimated to hold a notable share of the global active limited slip differential market, as major Tier 1 suppliers and vehicle manufacturers are based in Europe, including GKN Driveline, which have advance research and development facilities.
Key Players Operating in Active Limited Slip Differential Market
The global active limited slip differential market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the active limited slip differential market are:
- GKN plc
- JTEKT Corporation
- Eaton Corporation
- Drexler Automotive GmbH
- BorgWarner Inc.
- Dana Limited
- KAAZ USA
- Linamar Corporation
- Schaeffler Group
- Continental AG
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Active Limited Slip Differential Market: Research Scope
Global Active Limited Slip Differential Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
- Off road Vehicle
Global Active Limited Slip Differential Market, by Power Source
Global Active Limited Slip Differential Market, by Component
- Differential Bearing
- Differential Gear
Global Active Limited Slip Differential Market, by Electric Vehicle
- Battery Electric Vehicle
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle
Global Active Limited Slip Differential Market, by Sales Channel
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.