4,4-Methylenebis Market: Introduction
- 4,4'-Methylenebis, also called as MOCA, is a substance that is extensively used as a curing agent in the production of polyurethane elastomers. MOCA is commercially manufactured by reacting formaldehyde with orthochloroaniline.
- Polyurethane elastomers are used in the production of shoe soles, rolls for postage stamp machines, cutting bars in plywood production, rolls and belt drives in cameras, computers, and reproducing equipment and pulleys for escalators and elevators
Key Drivers of 4,4-Methylenebis Market
- Rise in demand for polyurethane in a wide range of industries such as building & construction, packaging, transportation, consumer goods, infrastructure, renewable energy, waste management system, health care & personal care, and agriculture is expected to boost the production and consumption of 4,4-Methylenebis market in the near future
- Polyurethanes are extensively employed in building & construction and transportation sectors. Growth in preference for sustainability is expected to propel the demand for polyurethanes in the near future. Manufacturers are focused on the production of rigid and flexible foams. Polyurethane can be easily mixed with other raw materials, which are used in numerous high end-end applications, due to its durability, light weight, safety, affordability, and recyclability. Additionally, its excellent ability to mold in various forms makes it suitable for usage in a wide range of end-use industries. Vehicle manufacturers are extensively focusing on improving quality, safety, and cost effectiveness of modern vehicles by incorporating polyurethanes in automobiles. This is estimated to drive the 4,4-methylenebis market in the next few years.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Carcinogenic Nature of 4,4-Methylenebis to hamper Market
- 4,4-Methylenebis is a human carcinogen, which is on the World Health Organization’s (WHO) List of IARC Group 1 carcinogens, with current threshold limit value of 0.01 ppm in the industrial atmosphere. Furthermore, exposure of 4,4'-methylenebis among animals can lead to tumor growth in liver, lung, and bladder in animals.
- Directive 97/56/EC of Europe restricts the marketing and use of certain dangerous substances such as 4,4′-methylenebis. The directive also indicates that the packaging of 4,4′-methylenebis must be marked legibly and indelibly as ‘Restricted to Professional Users.’
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global 4,4-Methylenebis Market
- In terms of region, the global 4,4-methylenebis market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is a leading consumer of 4,4-methylenebis. It is followed by North America and Europe. Rise in demand for automotive coatings in China and South Korea is expected to boost the demand for 4,4’-methylenebis in the region during the forecast period. Increase in demand for polyurethane in the building & construction industry in developing economies of Asia Pacific such as China, India, Indonesia, and Vietnam is anticipated to create lucrative opportunities for manufacturers of 4,4’-methylenebis operating in the region. However, the market in Japan is projected to expand at a sluggish pace owing to the presence of stringent regulations on the usage of 4,4-methylenebis.
- Rise in FDI investment in automotive and construction industries in developing economies of Asia Pacific is likely to fuel the 4,4-methylenebis market in the region during the forecast period
- The 4,4-methylenebis market in Europe and North America is expected to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period, owing to the presence of regulations on the usage of 4,4-methylenebis in these regions.
- Increase in import of 4,4’-methylenebis in Latin America and Middle East & Africa due to its excellent curing ability is estimated to boost the demand for 4,4’-methylenebis in these regions.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Key Players Operating in 4,4-methylenebis Market
The global 4,4-methylenebis market is highly concentrated, with top manufacturers accounting for major share. Threat of new entrants across the market is very low, as in order to enter into 4,4-methylenebis market, new entrants have to obtain, regulatory certifications for the production of 4,4’-methylenebis. Key players operating in the 4,4-methylenebis market include:
- SEIKA Group
- Fujifilm Corporation (FUJIFILM Wako Pure Chemical Corporation)
- Haihang Group
- Hangzhou Dayangchem Co.,Ltd
- Anhui Xianglong Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Binhai Mingsheng Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Binhai Xingguang Chemical Co., Ltd.
- Suzhou Xiangyuan New Materials Co., Ltd.
- Suzhou Xiangyuan Special Fine Chemical Co., Ltd. and etc.
Global 4,4-Methylenebis Market: Research Scope
Global 4,4-Methylenebis Market, by End-use Industry
- Building & Construction
- Automotive & Transportation
- Bedding & Furniture
Global 4,4-Methylenebis Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.