- 3-nitro-o-xylene is a clear yellow colored liquid with characteristic odor. It is insoluble in water. 3-nitro-o-xylene is stable under recommended storage conditions. Moreover, it produces toxic fumes upon decomposition on heating.
- 3-Nitro-o-xylene is primarily utilized as a chemical intermediate in the production of anti-inflammatory analgesic mefenamic acid. This mefenamic acid is extensively employed in the pharmaceutical industry to decrease inflammation. Additionally, mefenamic acid is also used to treat menstrual pain.
- Heating of 3-nitro-o-xylene releases hazardous products under fire conditions such as carbon oxides and nitrogen oxides (NOx). Furthermore, its handling require extensive care at the time of transportation, which in turn is likely to hamper the market in the near future.
- Based on application, the global 3-nitro-o-xylene market can be segmented into chemical synthesis, dyes, agrochemicals, pharmaceutical, and others. Chemical synthesis and pharmaceutical segments are expected to hold a major share of the global 3-nitro-o-xylene market. Chemical synthesis includes the use of 3-nitro-o-xylene in Michael addition, reduction, henry reaction (nitro-aldol reaction), NEF reaction, o-alkylation, and cyclo-addition. Growing need for intermediates from pharmaceutical sector is expected to boost consumption of 3-nitro-o-xylene in the near future.
Rising demand for 3-Nitro-o-Xylene from Chemical Synthesis and Pharmaceutical Industry
- 3-nitro-o-xylene is predominantly employed in the pharmaceutical industry. Increase in public and private investment in the healthcare sector is estimated to drive the demand for 3-nitro-o-xylene in pharmaceutical applications in the near future. Furthermore, rise in FDI inflow in developing countries, such as India, is expected to drive the demand for medicines in the near future. For instance, in India, the FDI inflow of US$ 16.50 Bn was obtained for the drugs and pharmaceuticals sector. The inflow was between April 2000 and March 2020. The data is based on the Department for Promotion of Industry and Internal Trade (DPIIT). 3-nitro-o-xylene acts as a natural precursor to a varied range of chemical reaction due to its structure; therefore, its application in the production of pharmaceutical intermediaries and mixtures is likely to increase considerably in the near future.
- The chemical industry offers lucrative opportunities for the application of 3-nitro-o-xylene. 3-nitro-o-xylene has one or more nitrogen dioxide groups bonded by nitrogen to the carbon framework. This bonding leads to versatility and basicity of the 3-nitro-o-xylene. Hence, it is widely used in chemical synthesis.
Impact of COVID-19 on Global 3-Nitro-o-Xylene Market
- Global spread of the pandemic have severely affected the production of 3-nitro-o-xylene. Declining demand coupled with variation in production of chemicals has led to volatility in pricing of 3-nitro-o-xylene. This, in turn, is likely to negatively affect the market on a temporary basis.
Asia Pacific to Hold Major Share of Global 3-Nitro-o-Xylene Market
- In terms of region, the global 3-nitro-o-xylene market can be split into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is estimated to hold a significant share of the global of 3-nitro-o-xylene market. Expansion of the market in the region can be ascribed to an increase in the demand for 3-nitro-o-xylene from pharmaceutical, chemical synthesis, and agrochemical applications.
- Requirement for high-quality materials with excellent efficiency levels has led to the development of new technologies in North America. Manufacturers based in North America have been trying to develop technologies for simple, flexible, and low-cost production of 3-nitro-o-xylene.
- Demand for 3-nitro-o-xylene is likely to increase across Europe in the next few years. The trend is expected to continue in the near future. Upcoming projects in the chemical and pharmaceutical industry are projected to propel the demand for 3-nitro-o-xylene in the region during the forecast period.
- Middle East & Africa and Latin America are likely to account for relatively minor share of the global 3-nitro-o-xylene market. Low share held by these regions is due to unstable political environment and high price of 3-nitro-o-xylene. However, significant demand for 3-nitro-o-xylene in agrochemicals in Latin America is likely to propel the 3-nitro-o-xylene market in the region in the near future.
Key Players Operating in Market
The global market for 3-nitro-o-xylene is highly consolidated in nature, with presence of handful number of players globally. Companies need to focus on product improvements in order to create new interest in existing products. This can help attract customers and improve the perception of the quality of products. Some of the key players operating in the 3-nitro-o-xylene market include:
- VWR International, LLC
- Deepak Nitrite Limited
- YC BIOTECH (JIANGSU) CO., LTD.
- Shaanxi Kangyuan Chemical Co., Ltd
Global 3-Nitro-o-Xylene Market: Research Scope
Global 3-Nitro-o-Xylene Market, by Purity
Global 3-Nitro-o-Xylene Market, by Application
- Chemical Synthesis
Global 3-Nitro-o-Xylene Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.