- 2,6-Xylidine, also known as 2,6-Dimethylbenzene-1-amine, 2,6-Dimethylbenzenamine, and 2,6-Dimethylphenylamine, is a colorless viscous liquid with high water solubility and aromatic odor
- 2,6-Xylidine is an important building block in the production of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) such as lidocaine or ranolazine. It is also a chemical intermediate that is used in the production of dyes, pesticides, fragrances, and other products. It is used in the production of crop protection agents such as phenylamide type of fungicides or chloroacetanilide type of herbicides in the agrochemical industry.
- 2,6-Xylidine is synthesized by nitration of xylene and reduction, followed by removal of the 2,4-isomer by the formation of the acetate salt, removal of the 2,5-isomer by formation of the hydrochloride salt, and recovery of the 2,6-isomer by sublimation. It is also used in the production of anesthetic agents such as lidocaine, bupivacaine, mepivacaine, and etidocaine.
Key Drivers of 2,6-Xylidine Market
- 2,6-Xylidine is primarily used in the production of anesthetic drugs such as lidocaine. Lidocaine is a local anesthetic medication that is used to numb an area in the body in order to reduce pain or discomfort caused by invasive medical procedures such as surgery, needle punctures, or insertion of a catheter or breathing tube. The injection is sometimes used to treat irregular heart rhythms that may signal a possible heart attack. It is also administered in the epidural space (spinal block) to reduce the discomfort of contractions during labor. Rise in surgical procedures, such as cosmetic and dental procedures and plastic surgeries, is the key factor driving the global market. Growth in geriatric population and their health issues is also estimated to propel the demand for anesthetic drugs in the next couple of years. This, in turn, is expected to boost the demand for 2,6-Xylidine.
- Consumption of 2,6-Xylidine in the agrochemical industry has been increasing owing to the rise in demand for fungicides and herbicides. Fungicides are applied to kill or inhibit the growth of fungi and their spores in order to control fungi that can cause damage to crops. Most fungicides harm the fungal cell membranes or interfere with energy production in the fungal cell. Global population has been increasing at a rapid pace. By 2025, the population is estimated to rise by 2 billion. This would take the population to 9.7 billion by 2025 from 7.7 billion in 2019. This addition in population is projected to push the demand for high quality crops and crop protection agents such as phenylamide type of fungicides or chloroacetanilide type of herbicides. In turn, this is likely to augment the usage of 2,6-Xylidine in the agrochemical industry during the forecast period.
Key Restraint of 2,6-Xylidine Market
- 2,6-Xylidine is suspected to be carcinogenic in nature. However, the potential of 2,6-xylidine to cause cancer in humans has not been assessed by the U.S. EPA IRIS program or the U.S. National Toxicology Program 13th Report on Carcinogens. There is ambiguity and discussion happening over the negative effects of 2,6-Xylidine on human beings. This is expected to hamper the market in the near future.
Covid-19 Impact on 2,6-Xylidine Market
- The COVID-19 pandemic has had a positive impact on the end-use industries of 2,6-Xylidine. Agrochemical and pharmaceutical industries have been experiencing growth during the pandemic.
- Demand for pharmaceutical products has been rising significantly. Pharmaceutical is one of the few sectors that has been positively impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic. As per a report published by India Ratings and Research, the pharmaceutical sector in the country is projected to grow 3%-5% in FY 2021 compared to that in FY 2020. The global pharmaceutical industry achieved business of US$ 1.11 Trn in 2018. This figure is estimated to rise owing to the increase in pressure to develop drugs and vaccines against COVID-19. Increase in revenue for major global pharmaceutical companies such as Pfizer Inc., Johnson & Johnson, F. Hoffmann-La Roche AG, and Dr. Reddy Laboratories can help in expansion and new product development. The usage of 2,6-Xylidine as intermediate is estimated to increase owing to growth in the pharmaceutical industry.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Share of Global 2,6-Xylidine Market
- In terms of region, the global 2,6-Xylidine market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- The 2,6-Xylidine market in Asia Pacific is anticipated to expand at a rapid pace during the forecast period owing to high consumption of crop protection chemicals in the region. The region has a number of strong agriculture-based economies such as India, Vietnam, and China where rising population is expected to drive the demand for 2,6-Xylidine.
- The market in Europe and North America is estimated to expand at a sluggish pace in the next few years, owing to higher manufacturing cost and lower number of manufacturers as compared to that in Asia Pacific. The market in Middle East & Africa and Latin America is being driven by recent economic developments and rise in investments in the pharmaceutical industry in these regions.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key players operating in the global 2,6-Xylidine market include:
- Deepak Nitrite
- Patel Group
- Jiangsu Baoling Chemical
- Fusheng Holding Group
- Laohekou Lianyi Chemical
Global 2,6-Xylidine Market: Research Scope
Global 2,6-Xylidine Market, by Purity
- Below 99%
- Above 99%
Global 2,6-Xylidine Market, by End-use Industry
Global 2,6-Xylidine Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.