Water Turbine: Introduction
- Water turbine is often called hydro turbine. Water turbine is considered to be the heart of any hydro power plant. It is a rotary machine that converts kinetic energy and potential energy of water into mechanical work. Water turbines provide energy with low impact on the environment. Water turbine is generally considered clean power producer, as it causes essentially no change to the water. Water turbines use renewable energy sources. Several countries have started installation of power plants in order to cater to the increasing demand for energy. High-capacity water turbines are utilized for generation of electricity. Fossil fuel is used in the conventional methods of power generation. However, fossil fuel is a non-renewable source of energy. Its usage causes pollution. Hence, pressure to shift toward renewable energy sources has been intensifying. Industries are increasingly adopting renewable sources of energy such as water, solar, and wind. Water turbines are connected to electric generators for the generation of electricity. They can serve as auxiliary power units. Water turbines are employed for distribution, conversion, production, and efficient usage of electricity.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Water Turbine Market
- The water turbine market is primarily driven by the surge in investments in hydropower energy and favorable government initiatives and policies to promote the adoption of renewable technologies. Policy interventions by countries, such as Nationally Determined Contributions (NDCs) and Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), are creating high demand for renewable energy across the globe. However, high cost of production is poised to be a major restraint of the global water turbine market during the forecast period. Generation of power is still largely dependent on fossil fuels such as coal, oil, and natural gas. Furthermore, safety of the crew needs to be considered during the installation of water turbines. Maintenance costs of water turbines are high. These factors are hampering the global water turbine market.
COVID-19 Impact Analysis
- The coronavirus pandemic has adversely impacted investment in the hydropower industry, due to the disruption in supply chain of raw materials such as concrete and turbine. Hydropower projects that rely on local suppliers for vast quantities of concrete and other materials during the construction phase have been unable to keep up with the demand due to production being suspended, staff shortages, and restrictions on movement.
- In many countries, construction has been allowed to continue, with contractors following public health guidelines such as social distancing and self-isolation. However, the progress is inevitably slower.
- Slowdown and cancellation of various hydropower projects due to disruption in supply chain and shortage of workforce is expected to hamper the demand for water turbines in the near future
Global Water Turbine Market: Key Segments
- The global water turbine market can be segmented based on design, application, and region
- Based on design, the water turbine market can be divided into reaction turbine and impulse turbine. Reaction turbines are of the following types: Gorglow, Tyson, Kaplan, and Francis. Impulse turbines are of the following types: Archimedes screw, Jonval turbine, water wheel, turgo wheel, and pelton wheel.
- Based on application, the global water turbines market can be segregated into aeronautics, marine, power storage, and power generation
Global Water Turbine Market: Regional Analysis
- In terms of region, countries in Asia Pacific such as India, China, Singapore, and Japan are emerging markets for water turbines, due to rapid urbanization and industrialization in these countries. Countries in Europe such as the U.K., Germany, and France have been witnessing high demand for water turbines since the last few years, due to eco-friendly energy norms imposed by governments of these countries. Demand for water turbines for usage in power generation is increasing significantly in North America. Governments of countries in the region are offering subsidies on water turbines in order to curb environmental pollution. Countries in Africa and Latin America are recovering from economic slowdown; hence, the water turbine market in these countries is likely to expand at a sluggish pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Key companies operating in the global water turbine market are
- General Electric, Inc.
- Alterra Power Corporation
- Wartsila Corporation
- Sumitomo Corporation
- The James Leffel & Co.
- Calphine Corporation
- Enel Spa
Global Water Turbine Market: Research Scope
Global Water Turbine Market, by Design
Global Water Turbine Market, by Application
- Power Storage
- Power Generation
Global Water Turbine Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.