Metal-air Battery: Introduction
- Metal-air batteries are lightweight, compact size power sources with a high energy density.
- Based on metal, metal-air batteries are divided into zinc-air, lithium-air, aluminum-air, iron-air, and others. In terms of voltage, metal-air batteries are divided into low (below 12V), medium (12V to 24V), and high (above 36V). According to type, metal-air batteries are divided into primary batteries and secondary/rechargeable batteries. metal-air batteries are used in electric vehicles, military electronics, electronic devices, stationary power, and other applications.
- The rising demand for high-capacity, safe, cost-effective, and eco-friendly energy storage battery solutions is driving the demand for metal-air batteries.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on this report, Request for a Sample
Rise in Demand for zinc-air
- In terms of metal, the zinc-air segment is the fastest growing segment of the global metal-air battery market.
- The zinc-air metal-air battery has several advantages such as high energy storage density, and storing more energy per unit weight. The flat drain curve of the batteries is also an asset. These properties of zinc-air metal-air batteries make them an ideal power supply solution for various electronic devices such as digital hearing aids and watches, which is likely to propel the demand for zinc-air metal-air batteries during the forecast period.
- Moreover, zinc-air batteries are also used in navigation aid systems and remote railway signaling, thus fueling their demand.
- By application, the electric vehicle segment is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to the rising demand for metal-air batteries for electric vehicles for safe operation, eco-friendliness, and high energy density. Besides, they cost less.
- The complex structure and manufacturing cost are major restraints of the global metal-air battery market. However, new research and development activities provide opportunities for the market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific to Lead the Metal-air Battery Market
- In terms of region, the global metal-air battery market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, and South America.
- Asia Pacific is anticipated to dominate the global metal-air battery market throughout the forecast period, as a large number of manufacturers of metal-air batteries operate in the APAC region.
- Asia Pacific is expected to witness the fastest growth in the metal-air battery market during the forecast period due to the rising use of metal-air batteries in electric vehicles, consumer electronics, and renewable energy industries in developing nations such as China, Japan, South Korea, Taiwan, and India.
- The metal-air battery market in North America and Europe is expected to expand at a substantial rate during the forecast period due to rising awareness about electric vehicles in the regions.
- On the other hand, the market in Middle East & Africa, and South America is estimated to expand at a moderate pace during the forecast period.
Key Players Operating in the Global Metal-air Battery Market
The global metal-air battery market was highly fragmented in 2019. Major players operating in the market are focusing on technological advancements and expansion to meet the rising demand for metal-air batteries. Moreover, manufacturers are undertaking mergers and acquisitions for the development of innovative products.
Key players operating in the global metal-air battery market include:
- NantEnergy Inc.
- Log 9 Materials
- Arotech Corporation
- PolyPlus Battery Company
- Fuji Pigment Co., Ltd.
- GP Batteries International Limited.
- Zinc8 Energy Solutions Inc.
- E-Stone Batteries B.V.
- Arconic Inc.
- Energizer Holdings, Inc.
Global Metal-air Battery Market: Research Scope
Global Metal-air Battery Market, by Metal
Global Metal-air Battery Market, by Voltage
- Low (Below 12V)
- Medium (12V to 24V)
- High (Above 36V)
Global Metal-air Battery Market, by Type
- Primary Batteries
- Secondary/Rechargeable Batteries
Global Metal-air Battery Market, by Application
- Electric Vehicles
- Military Electronics
- Electronic Devices
- Stationary Power
Global Metal-air Battery Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.