Flexion Tires: Introduction
- Audi AG launched drone headlights for its electric vehicle concept car called Audi AI: Trail at Frankfurt, Germany
- The vehicle drone headlight is a rotor-less battery-powered drone with LED lamps which hovers above the vehicle to light the path ahead
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Vehicle Drone Headlights Market
- Many technological advances have taken place in the vehicle headlights. The automotive industry has shifted from Halogen lights to Xenon lights and now to LEDs in order to attain proper lighting. The automakers have taken considerable efforts in adjusting beam angles and designing sharper cuts with conventional low beam-high beam headlights. However, this has caused insufficient lighting or brighter lighting, thereby spurring the development of advanced technologies such as vehicle drone headlight.
- According to a study conducted by Insurance for Highway Safety (IIHS) in 2017, the conventional headlights do not provide sufficient light to many vehicles going at 55 miles/hour during night to be able to spot an obstacle and stop in time. Therefore, drone headlights which illuminate the path beforehand and also display the road ahead can alert the driver and prevent the mishap.
- Over the years, the automakers and headlight manufacturers have been working to effectively minimize the glaring and lower the reflectance of the headlights to reduce the safety hazard caused to the oncoming drivers. The vehicle drone headlights eliminate the glare caused by the headlights as they illuminate the road from above and hence, would be readily accepted by the automakers to improve the safety rating.
- The drone headlights prove imperative in off-road driving. Rise in sales of SUVs and light trucks and increase in consumer interest toward off-road touring are anticipated to drive the vehicle drone headlights market.
- Rise in consumer affordability has improved the off-road touring activities and adventure tours. Further, development of the technology and consumer awareness are expected to boost the vehicle drone headlights market.
- The vehicle drone headlights, being a highly advanced product, would add up to the vehicle cost. The auto manufacturers would not find it viable to offer the drone headlights in entry level vehicles, thereby restricting its market to luxury and ultra-luxury vehicles. However, development of technology and reduction in the price could spur their adoption in lower vehicle classes.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Passenger Vehicle Segment to Witness High Demand
- Since large number of passenger vehicles is used in off-roading, the passenger vehicle segment is expected to lead the vehicle drone headlights market. Rise in sales of luxury and premium vehicles is also expected to expand the vehicle drone headlights market.
OEM Segment to Hold Leading Share of Global Vehicle Drone Headlights Market
- Vehicle drone headlights are highly technologically advanced products and need in-vehicle communication system, GPS, and other connectivity solutions. Thus, vehicle drone headlights would be OE fitted and sold with new vehicle sales during initial stage of the market. Aftermarket sales of the vehicle drone headlight would become more feasible on connected vehicles and high-end premium vehicles which have advanced features and connectivity solutions.
North America to Lead Global Vehicle Drone Headlights Market
- In terms of region, the global vehicle drone headlights market can be divided into: North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- North America is expected to dominate the vehicle drone headlights market, owing to high sales of pick-up trucks and SUV’s in the region and high consumer interest in off-road activities and tourism
North America is expected to be followed by Europe. Vehicle drone headlights are expected to be first adopted in North America and Europe, owing to high price & high consumer acceptance for advanced technological products in these regions.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Vehicle Drone Headlights Market, ask for a customized report
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global vehicle drone headlights market was highly fragmented in 2018. The vehicle drone headlights are not yet commercially launched but are in their preliminary stage as developed by the mentioned company:
- Audi AG
Global Vehicle Drone Headlights Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Vehicle Drone Headlights Market, by Sales Channel
Global Vehicle Drone Headlights Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.