Global Vehicle Diesel NOx Catalyst Market: Introduction
- The vehicle diesel NOx catalyst market includes a variety of devices that are used to control vehicle NOx emissions. Lean NOx Trap (LNT), Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR), and Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR). NOx emissions are harmful to human health and vehicles account for a major source of NOx pollution, globally.
Key Drivers and Restraints of Global Vehicle Diesel NOx Catalyst Market
- Increasingly stringent Euro 6 stage regulations, such as Euro 6c and Euro6d, mandate NOx emission from diesel cars to be under 126 mg/Km. Euro6d is expected to come into effect from 2020, and all new cars sold in Europe would mandatorily be required to abide by Euro 6 norm. Implementation of stringent NOx emission norms in Europe is anticipate to drive the vehicle diesel NOx catalyst market in the region.
Emission standards are being revised globally. For instance, India is set to adopt Bharat Stage 6 in 2020, and China is set to adopt China 6, which are Europe-equivalent norms. Implementation of Euro 6 equivalent norms in various countries such as China, India, Mexico and Brazil is projected to drive the global vehicle NOx catalyst market.
LNT to record high growth in vehicle diesel NOx catalyst market
- The LNT is an effective device to trap NOx. LNT is highly effective for light duty applications such as passenger vehicles. The LNT is compact and does not require additional tank, unlike an SCR. Thus, the LNT device is estimated to be the preferred mode for trapping NOx in diesel passenger cars and light commercial vehicles. Consequently, it is expected to witness high demand during the forecast period.
- Demand for SCR device is also anticipated to increase during the forecast period, as they are widely utilized in heavy load applications such as commercial vehicles and Asia Pacific & Latin America witnesses an increased demand for commercial vehicles
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Passenger vehicle segment to hold leading share of vehicle diesel NOx catalyst market
- Based on vehicle type, the passenger vehicle segment held a leading share of the global vehicle diesel NOx catalyst market. Europe and Asia Pacific witness high volume sales of diesel passenger cars. However, demand for diesel cars is declining in Europe, primarily due to taxation on diesel cars, stringent emission norms, and declining price gap between petrol and diesel cars.
OEM segment to hold leading share of vehicle diesel NOx catalyst market
- Vehicle diesel NOx catalyst, such as LNT and SCR. are standard fitted in vehicles, and these devices generally last a lifetime with periodic maintenance. Therefore, the OEM segment is anticipated to hold a leading share of the global vehicle diesel NOx catalyst market.
Asia Pacific to lead global vehicle diesel NOx catalyst market
- In terms of region, the global vehicle diesel NOx catalyst market can be divided into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
Europe held a leading share of the global vehicle diesel NOx catalyst market owing to high sales of diesel cars in the region. Asia Pacific is expected to witness significantly high demand for vehicle diesel NOx catalysts owing to regulatory changes and adoption of Euro6 equivalent emission norms in the region. Asia Pacific records high sales of commercial vehicles, which is estimated to drive the demand for SCR and subsequently, boost the vehicle diesel NOx catalyst market in the region.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Vehicle Diesel NOx Catalyst Market, Request for a Sample
Key Manufacturers Operating in Global Market
The global vehicle diesel NOx catalyst market is dominated by a few major players. Key manufacturers operating in the global market are:
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- Tenneco Inc.
- Johnson Matthey
- Continental AG
- APC Automotive Technologies
- DENSO Corporation
- Futaba Industrial Co. Ltd.
- Eberspacher Climate Control Systems GmbH & Co.
Global Vehicle Diesel NOx Catalyst Market, by Device
Global Vehicle Diesel NOx Catalyst Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Vehicle Diesel NOx Catalyst Market, by Sales Channel
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.