Vehicle Auxiliary Power: Introduction
- The vehicle auxiliary power unit provides electric power to operate various functions in the vehicle without having to rely on the IC engine. The independence of the auxiliary power unit from the engine opens the potential to separately utilize the propulsion and supply of electricity, which offers higher economy and reduced fuel consumption of the vehicle.
- The auxiliary power unit also used in marine vessels and aircraft for various applications including staring the engine, charging batteries, and for heating and cooling
Key drivers of global Vehicle Auxiliary Power Market
- Increase in demand for vehicles with various features, such as center lock system and windows and sun roof control, would require auxiliary power to drive these features. This, in turn, is estimated to boost the vehicle auxiliary market. Increase in vehicle production across the globe and rise in adoption of advanced features in vehicles, such as electronic control unit and navigation system, is projected to drive the vehicle auxiliary power market across the globe.
- Various vehicle manufacturers across the globe are trying to develop fuel cell technology as a substitute for the vehicle auxiliary power unit. Fuel cells offer higher efficiency of direct electrochemical conversion, which can reduce the fuel consumption. Fuel cells provide power even when the engine shuts down; hence, adoption of this technology is anticipated to boost the vehicle auxiliary power market. Modern vehicles contain a significant number of electrical components, such as internet connection, additional entertainment systems, and heated seats, which require large electric power. Consequently, an auxiliary power unit helps reduce such electric load, which in turn is projected to boost the global vehicle auxiliary power market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific and North America to hold prominent share of vehicle auxiliary power market
- Asia Pacific is likely to hold a significant share of the global vehicle auxiliary power market due to an increase in vehicle production and sale in the region. Asia Pacific has major developing countries including India and South Korea, which have large industrial presence and witness a considerable demand for electric vehicles. This in turn is anticipated to propel the vehicle auxiliary power market in Asia Pacific. The automobile market in China and Japan is considerably large and the countries witness presence of major research and development facilities regarding auxiliary power unit of vehicle. This, in turn, is anticipated to drive the vehicle auxiliary power market across the China and Japan.
- Followed by Asia Pacific, North America also holds a major share of the global vehicle auxiliary power market due to an increase in the demand for electric vehicles. Honeywell International Inc., a major player in the North America, which has notable research and development facilities regarding auxiliary power unit. Hence, all factors mentioned above are estimated to boost the vehicle auxiliary power market in North America.
Key players operating in global vehicle auxiliary power market
The vehicle auxiliary power market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global vehicle auxiliary power market are:
- Doosan Corporation
- Ballard Power Systems
- Proton Power Inc.
- Delphi Technologies
- ITM Power
- Plug Power Inc.
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Honeywell International Inc.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Vehicle Auxiliary Power Market, Request for a Sample
Global Vehicle Auxiliary Power Market: Research Scope
Global Vehicle Auxiliary Power Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Heavy Commercial Vehicle
Global Vehicle Auxiliary Power Market, by Technology
- Proton Exchange Membrane Fuel Cell (PEM)
- Solid Oxide Fuel Cell ( SOFC)
- Other (Direct Methanol Fuel Cell )
Global Vehicle Auxiliary Power Market, by Power Supply System
- Static Inverter
- Engine Generator
- Others ( Isolation Transformer system)
Global Vehicle Auxiliary Power Market, by Autonomous Type
- Semi-autonomous Vehicle
- Fully autonomous Vehicle
Global Vehicle Auxiliary Power Market, by Electric Vehicle Type
- Battery Electric Vehicle
- Hybrid Electric Vehicle
Global Vehicle Auxiliary Power Market, by Sales Channel
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.