Vehicle Anti-Intrusion Bar: Introduction
- A vehicle anti-intrusion bar is a non-battery operated safety device, installed in most passenger vehicles, which is utilized to protect passengers from side impacts
- The role of an anti-intrusion bar in the vehicle is to absorb the kinetic energy of the vehicle colliding from the side, which can harm the passenger/s involved in the crash
Key drivers of global vehicle anti-intrusion bar market
- Vehicle crashes especially, side impacts, are particularly dangerous, owing to size of the impacting vehicles, speed of the impact, and the location of the impact that is close to the driver/passenger
- As the WHO statistics suggests, an increase in average speed is directly related both to the likelihood of a crash occurring and to the severity of the consequences of the crash. For instance, every 1% increase in mean speed produces a 4% increase in the fatal crash risk and a 3% increase in the serious crash risk. With respect to car-to-car side crashes, the fatality risk for car occupants is as high as 85% at 65 km/h. Therefore, installing anti-intrusion bars in vehicles is necessary in order to increase safety of the drivers/passengers. This, in turn, boosts the market for vehicle anti-intrusion bars.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Stringent rules regarding passenger safety propels global vehicle anti-intrusion bar market
- Safer vehicles play a critical role in averting crashes, reducing the likelihood of serious injuries and thereby reducing fatalities in case of accidents. Regulations on vehicle safety, such as NHTSA amendment FMVSS No. 201 (1995), NHTSA amendment Standard 201 (1998), require OEMs to install safety features for passenger vehicles, trucks, buses, and multipurpose passenger vehicles in order to protect passengers/drivers from internal impacts caused by accidents.
- Vehicle manufacturers are required to meet front and side impact regulations to include anti-intrusion bars in order to protect the occupants from side impacts and electronic stability control to prevent over-steering and to ensure airbags and seat belts are fitted in all vehicles. These factors mentioned above are estimated to boost the demand for vehicle anti-intrusion bar in the passenger vehicle segment of the market during the forecast period.
Asia Pacific is estimated to be the lucrative market for vehicle anti-intrusion bar
- Asia Pacific is a prominent manufacturer and consumer of passenger vehicles worldwide. The automotive industry in developing economies, such as China, India, Malaysia, Thailand, and South Korea are witnessing rapid domestic and foreign investments. Government rules and regulations pertaining to safety have made it mandatory for automakers to install safety features in their vehicles. These factors propel the vehicle anti-intrusions bar market in the region.
- As per the survey conducted by U.S. National Library of Medicine, National institute of health, U.S.A., the number of injuries for rear seated passengers was approximately 395,504 which were involved in a side crash. The frequency of fatal injuries is three or four times more likely if the striking vehicle is an LTV impacting the side of a passenger car. North America and Europe are is estimated to the drive the market for vehicle anti-intrusion bar market, owing to an increase in the demand for safety features and government safety regulations enacted in these regions.
Looking for Regional Analysis or Competitive Landscape in Vehicle Anti-Intrusion Bar Market, ask for a customized report
Key players operating in global vehicle anti-intrusion bar market:
The global vehicle anti-intrusion bar market is highly concentrated with top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the market are:
- KIRCHHOFF Automotive GmbH
- SEAT, S.A.
- FOUNDER LAND Co., Ltd.
- DuPont de Nemours, Inc.
- Aisin Takaoka Asia Co., Ltd.
- H-one Co., Ltd
- Toyota Motor Corporation
- GNS Automotive
- Honda Motor Co., Ltd.
- BENTELER International Aktiengesellschaft
- Groupe Renault
- Volkswagen AG
- Nissan Motor Corporation
Global Vehicle Anti-Intrusion Bar Market: Research Scope
Global Vehicle Anti-Intrusion Bar Market, by Propulsion
Global Vehicle Anti-Intrusion Bar Market, by Material
Global Vehicle Anti-Intrusion Bar Market, by Vehicle
Global Vehicle Anti-Intrusion Bar Market, by Vehicle Door
Global Vehicle Anti-Intrusion Bar Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.