Surface Condenser: Introduction
- Surface condenser is a heat exchanger that converts steam from gaseous to liquid state at pressure less than atmospheric pressure. It is primarily used in refrigeration system and power plants.
- Surface condenser consists of a horizontal cast-iron of cylindrical-shaped vessel, water tubes, exhaust steam inlet, baffle, and 2 vertical tube plates. The condenser is designed in such a way that it prevents water leakage from entering into its center space.
- Surface condensers can be classified based on arrangement of tubing system, direction of condensate, and position of condensate extraction pump
Key Drivers and Restraints of Surface Condenser Market
- Growth in the industrial sector is expected to drive the global surface condenser market. Generally, every industry has a power plant. Power plants utilize steam for power and electricity production. Rise in investment in thermal power plants to meet the significantly rising demand for electricity is expected to propel the global surface condenser market during the forecast period. In thermal power plants, surface condensers are used to convert the exhaust steam into pure water so that it may be reused in the steam generator or boiler as boiler feed water.
- High capital cost associated with surface condenser is anticipated to hamper the global surface condenser market between 2021 and 2031
COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Power Demand
- Governments of various countries have enforced nationwide lockdown as part of measures to limit the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. During these lockdowns, several restrictions have been placed on movement of individuals. Economic activities have come to a halt, barring activities related to essential goods and services. This has adversely affected the demand for electricity. In turn, this has hampered the demand for surface condensers.
Power Plant End-user Segment Expected to Hold Prominent Share of Global Market
- The global surface condenser market can be segmented based on type, end-user, and region
- Based on type, the global surface condenser market can be segregated into down flow surface condenser, central flow surface condenser, regenerative surface condenser, and evaporative surface condenser
- In terms of end-user, the global surface condenser market can be divided into power plant, HVAC, chemical and others. The power plant segment held major share of the global surface condenser market in 2020. Rise in demand for steam turbines for power production in thermal power plants is anticipated to propel the power plant end-user segment of the surface condenser market during the forecast period.
Europe to Constitute Major Share of Global Surface Condenser Market
- In terms of region, the global surface condenser market can be classified into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- Europe is projected to dominate the surface condenser market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the implementation of stringent regulations for water conservation in the region.
- The surface condenser market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period due to ongoing investments in thermal power plant projects. Strong economic growth, increase in disposable income, and rise in standard of living are some of the major factors propelling the demand for electricity across the region, primarily in developing economies. This, in turn, is driving the investment in power plants in Asia Pacific.
- North America is also projected to hold vital share of the global surface condenser market during the forecast period due to the presence of large numbers of surface condenser manufacturers across the region
- The surface condenser market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand during the forecast period. Growth of the market in the region can be ascribed to the rise in demand for refrigeration systems across these regions.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global surface condenser market include:
- Watco Group
- Chem Process Systems
- Maarky Thermal Systems Inc.
- Balcke-Dürr GmbH
- Shrijee Group
Global Surface Condenser Market: Research Scope
Global Surface Condenser Market, by End-user
- Power Plant
Global Surface Condenser Market, by Type
- Down Flow Surface Condenser
- Central Flow Surface Condenser
- Regenerative Surface Condenser
- Evaporative Surface Condenser
Global Surface Condenser Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!