Surface Condenser: Introduction
- Surface condenser is a heat exchanger that converts steam from gaseous to liquid state at pressure less than atmospheric pressure. It is primarily used in refrigeration system and power plants.
- Surface condenser consists of a horizontal cast-iron of cylindrical-shaped vessel, water tubes, exhaust steam inlet, baffle, and 2 vertical tube plates. The condenser is designed in such a way that it prevents water leakage from entering into its center space.
- Surface condensers can be classified based on arrangement of tubing system, direction of condensate, and position of condensate extraction pump
Key Drivers and Restraints of Surface Condenser Market
- Growth in the industrial sector is expected to drive the global surface condenser market. Generally, every industry has a power plant. Power plants utilize steam for power and electricity production. Rise in investment in thermal power plants to meet the significantly rising demand for electricity is expected to propel the global surface condenser market during the forecast period. In thermal power plants, surface condensers are used to convert the exhaust steam into pure water so that it may be reused in the steam generator or boiler as boiler feed water.
- High capital cost associated with surface condenser is anticipated to hamper the global surface condenser market between 2021 and 2031
COVID-19 Impact Analysis on Power Demand
- Governments of various countries have enforced nationwide lockdown as part of measures to limit the spread of the COVID-19 pandemic. During these lockdowns, several restrictions have been placed on movement of individuals. Economic activities have come to a halt, barring activities related to essential goods and services. This has adversely affected the demand for electricity. In turn, this has hampered the demand for surface condensers.
Power Plant End-user Segment Expected to Hold Prominent Share of Global Market
- The global surface condenser market can be segmented based on type, end-user, and region
- Based on type, the global surface condenser market can be segregated into down flow surface condenser, central flow surface condenser, regenerative surface condenser, and evaporative surface condenser
- In terms of end-user, the global surface condenser market can be divided into power plant, HVAC, chemical and others. The power plant segment held major share of the global surface condenser market in 2020. Rise in demand for steam turbines for power production in thermal power plants is anticipated to propel the power plant end-user segment of the surface condenser market during the forecast period.
Europe to Constitute Major Share of Global Surface Condenser Market
- In terms of region, the global surface condenser market can be classified into Middle East & Africa, Latin America, Asia Pacific, Europe, and North America
- Europe is projected to dominate the surface condenser market during the forecast period. This can be ascribed to the implementation of stringent regulations for water conservation in the region.
- The surface condenser market in Asia Pacific is expected to expand at a significant pace during the forecast period due to ongoing investments in thermal power plant projects. Strong economic growth, increase in disposable income, and rise in standard of living are some of the major factors propelling the demand for electricity across the region, primarily in developing economies. This, in turn, is driving the investment in power plants in Asia Pacific.
- North America is also projected to hold vital share of the global surface condenser market during the forecast period due to the presence of large numbers of surface condenser manufacturers across the region
- The surface condenser market in Latin America and Middle East & Africa is anticipated to expand during the forecast period. Growth of the market in the region can be ascribed to the rise in demand for refrigeration systems across these regions.
Key Players Operating in Global Market
Leading companies operating in the global surface condenser market include:
- Watco Group
- Chem Process Systems
- Maarky Thermal Systems Inc.
- Balcke-Dürr GmbH
- Shrijee Group
Global Surface Condenser Market: Research Scope
Global Surface Condenser Market, by End-user
- Power Plant
Global Surface Condenser Market, by Type
- Down Flow Surface Condenser
- Central Flow Surface Condenser
- Regenerative Surface Condenser
- Evaporative Surface Condenser
Global Surface Condenser Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.