Solar Powered Sanitation Device Market: Introduction
- Solar powered sanitation device is a lightweight, portable, and low-powered alternative sanitation device for remote areas and underdeveloped regions to obtain needed medical equipment
- Solar powered sanitation device employs (Ultraviolet) UV-C technology in order to sanitize various medical instruments and waste. UV-C LEDs are powered by on-board battery packs that are recharged by a solar panel with a tracking system.
- UV-C sanitation was first implemented by employing low pressure lamps that utilize mercury to produce the necessary wavelength. These systems were therefore highly toxic with limited lifetimes.
- All the autoclave sanitation systems work by heating the equipment to a certain temperature for an extended period of time. This heat and amount of time needed to sanitize equipment can be reduced by using UV-C LEDs. These LEDs operate at a certain wavelength allowing them to kill and disable harmful pathogens.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF sample of this report
Key Drivers of Global Solar Powered Sanitation Device Market
- Increase in exposure to solar technology, globally, due to environmental concerns and depletion of ozone layer is projected to boost the solar powered sanitation device market globally
- In the healthcare sector, it is necessary to sanitize medical instruments before and after use. However, in some areas without modern conveniences such as electricity and water utilities, advanced sanitization methods such as the use of solar powered sanitation device could be imperative and are likely to propel the global market during the forecast period.
- Electricity rates are inherently volatile; they fluctuate seasonally, monthly, and annually. Electricity prices have been rising significantly across the globe for the last few years and presently, are poised to increase further during the forecast period. Traditional autoclave sanitation requires the use of electricity to sterilize medical equipment. Thus, incorporating the need to adopt solar technology for sanitization and other applications in the near future.
- Government push and support in the form of programs and initiatives has been driving the usage of solar technology in the last few years and is a major factor that is estimated to boost the solar powered sanitation device market during the forecast period
- For instance, Solar Energy Corporation of India (SECI) has passed a tender and it is one of its kind globally in which the government is likely to offer 30% subsidy to the social sector, residential sector, private not-for-profit education organizations and health institutions. This tender is part of an initiative launched by MNRE’s (Ministry of New and Renewable Energy) to achieve the target of 40 Gigawatts of rooftop solar power generation by the end of 2022.
- Demand for energy worldwide has led to the exploration of new sources of energy. This factor is likely to drive the global solar powered sanitation device market.
Restraints of Solar Powered Sanitation Device Market
- Replacement of existing steam & diesel engines in trains powered by conventional fossil fuels with solar powered systems could be a cost-intensive process, as systems need to be changed without affecting operational hours. Moreover, investment costs of these plants differ according to region depending on solar intensity and its uniformity in that region.
- The approximate cost of a solar panel is US$ 1,500 per kW capacity; however, the final price is calculated as per the panels and storage capacities required. Hence, the overall cost of solar panels is high. A lack of domestic production facilities of solar hardware units in several developing countries is a major cause for the high cost of solar panels.
- In March 2019, researchers at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, a U.S.-based university identified how UV-C LED technology can be used for medical instrument surface sanitation within a portable application. They found that necessary light intensity, power requirements, and general portability of such a system could be useful to design a testable device. Based on the tests, they proposed a solar powered sanitation device prototype to exhibit the feasibility of portable solar powered sanitation with UV-C LED technology.
Expanding operations in future? To get the perfect launch ask for a custom report
Asia Pacific to Offer Significant Opportunities to Solar Powered Sanitation Device Market
- Based on region, the global solar powered sanitation device market can be divided into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Based on region, the solar powered sanitation device market can be classified into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, Latin America, and Middle East & Africa
- Asia Pacific is likely to dominate the global solar powered sanitation device market owing to significant increase in concerns about air pollution and carbon emissions in the region
- High number of investments, especially in developing countries such as China and India, as well as government subsidies are estimated to drive the market in the region
- Several auctions for contracts have been carried out for development of power-generation capacity in India that helped in working out the world’s lowest prices comparably for solar technology. Consequently, India is likely to surpass the European Union in terms of renewable energy use during the forecast period. Thus, India is anticipated to hold a prominent share of the global solar powered sanitation device market in the near future.
- On the other hand, the U.S. renewable energy market is expected to double during the forecast period. Renewable projects in the U.S. are likely to benefit from multiyear federal tax incentives and several state level policies for solar energy in the near future.
Note: The device is in development stage
Global Solar Powered Sanitation Device Market, by Region
- North America
- Russia & CIS
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.