Integrated Generator Systems for Off-road Vehicles Market: Introduction
- Integrated generator systems for off-road vehicles act as an auxiliary power source to power on and off vehicle electronics. They assist in providing extra drive force to the powertrain of off-road vehicles and also operate other hydraulic or pneumatic systems.
- Integrated generator systems for off-road vehicles are utilized to reduce fuel consumption and control the emission of major harmful compounds such as carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, and hydrocarbons from the exhaust systems of vehicles
Key Drivers of Integrated Generator Systems for Off-road Vehicles Market
- Off-road vehicles consume considerable fuel while running on roads or operating in fields. Fuel prices are rising consistently worldwide. According to data of U.S. Energy Information Administration, Brent crude oil spot prices averaged US$ 43 per barrel in November 2020, up from US$ 3 per barrel from the average in October. Rise in fuel prices across the globe has prompted off-road OEMs to incorporate fuel-efficient technologies in their vehicles to provide cost benefits to consumers. KYMCO launched new off-road vehicle models including UXV 450i side-by-side vehicle and a UXV 500i that are fitted with a 5kW integrated generator system to help operators with various utility applications and chores. Likewise, the integrated generator system of Parker Hannifin coupled with the hydraulic pumps of Terzo Power Systems powers hydraulics of the off-road vehicles, such as back-hoe loaders, and cranes, reduce fuel consumption. These benefits in fuel savings are driving the integrated generator systems for off-road vehicles market across the globe.
- Off-road vehicles powered by I.C. engines consume high fuel and generate high amount of emissions. Government agencies have enacted stringent regulations on emissions from off-road vehicles. For instance, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Tier 4 emission mandates reducing diesel engine emissions. Tier 4 standards substantially reduce the permissible level of nitrogen oxide emissions for engines above 75 hp (56 kW), further limit particulate emissions on diesel engines with more than 25 hp (19 kW), and enacted more stringent limits on hydrocarbons. Designing and manufacturing of these engines for off-road vehicles that comply with the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency rules increases the size of engines making them heavier and more expensive. Thus, stringent regulations are boosting the adoption of hybrid off-road vehicles which are integrated with electric generator systems to assist in propulsion or drive other mechanisms.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Challenges in Integrated Generator Systems for Off-road Vehicles Market
- Integrated generator systems increase the complexity of drivetrains in off-road vehicles, thus making them difficult and expensive for maintenance and repair operations. This, in turn, is hampering the integrated generator systems for off-road vehicles market across the globe.
Impact of COVID-19 pandemic on Integrated Generator Systems for Off-road Vehicles Market
- The recent pandemic of COVID-19 has disrupted automotive supply chains, thus creating a shortage of raw materials and components. However, demand for integrated generator systems for off-road vehicles across the globe is anticipated to increase as governments are easing restrictions and companies are restarting their operations with precautionary measures.
North America to hold significant share of global Integrated Generator Systems for Off-road Vehicles Market
- Rise in sale of off-road vehicles in North America fueling the demand for integrated generator systems. Countries in the region are extending application of integrated generator systems in military vehicles. These systems enable military personnel to power on and off vehicle equipment, thus eliminating the need to carry external generators. For instance, the TITAN On Board Vehicle Power (OBVP) integrated generator system was developed by Leonardo DRS in partnership with Allison Transmission Inc., for mounting in the driveline of military vehicles. It generates 120 kW power when stationary and 55 kW power when moving to assist in driving. This enables the military personnel to power their electric equipment. In June 2019, the U.S. Army partnered with Leonardo DRS to equip integrated generators in off-road military vehicles of THAAD. These growing applications are propelling the share held by North America in the global integrated generator systems for off-road vehicles market.
Key Players Operating in Integrated Generator Systems for Off-road Vehicles Market
The global integrated generator systems for off-road vehicles market is highly concentrated due to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the integrated generator systems for off-road vehicles market are:
- Heinzmann GmbH & Co. KG
- Iskra Avtoelektrika d.d.
- Leonardo DRS
- Parker Hannifin Corp
- Robert Bosch GmbH
- US Hybrid
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Integrated Generator Systems for Off-road Vehicles Market, Request for a Sample
Global Integrated Generator Systems for Off-road Vehicles Market: Research Scope
Global Integrated Generator Systems for Off-road Vehicles Market, by Application
- Off-board applications
Global Integrated Generator Systems for Off-road Vehicles Market, by Type
- AC Generators
- DC Generators
Global Integrated Generator Systems for Off-road Vehicles Market, by Vehicle Type
- Earth Movers
- Agriculture Equipment
- Heavy Vehicles
- Material Handling Vehicles
- Mining Vehicles
- Military Vehicles
- Others (ATV)
Global Integrated Generator Systems for Off-road Vehicles Market, by Sales Channel
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.