Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market: Introduction
- The vehicle oxidation catalyst is designed to reduce the discharge of noxious gases including carbon monoxide (CO), nitrogen oxides (NO), and hydrocarbons (HC) from the engine and other parts of the vehicle. Platinum group metals (PGM) including palladium, platinum, and rhodium are commonly utilized as a catalyst for emission control. These catalyst provide 90% reduction of carbon dioxide and 80% reduction of hydrocarbon with low to high exhaust gas temperature.
- The catalytic converter is an exhaust emission control device that comprises ceramic pellets coated with a thin layer of metals such as palladium, rhodium, and platinum. These metals acts as a catalyst, which converts noxious gases into less toxic pollutants and help reduce their effect on the environment. These devices are integrated into combustion chambers, ignition systems, and intake manifolds, which control exhaust emissions and boost the fuel economy of vehicles.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market
- Demand for gasoline engines is rising due to their light weight, and palladium metal is extensively utilized as oxidation catalyst in gasoline engines, as compared to that in diesel engines. This, in turn, is estimated to boost the automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market across the globe. According to World Health Organization (WHO), seven million people across the globe die every year due to air pollution. Moreover, 9 out of 10 people breathe air that contains high levels of pollutant gases. The key reason behind this situation is a rise in number of vehicles across the globe that emits exhaust gases. This vehicle emission can be controlled by using suitable oxidation catalyst. This, in turn, is expected to boost the global automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market.
- Governments across the globe have enacted stringent regulations on the emission of pollutants from vehicles caused due to the combustion of fuels including petrol, diesel, and biodiesel. Euro 6 or BS6 are the latest emission regulations that specify the permissible amount of gases such as carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, and carbon monoxide. This is estimated to propel the global automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific and Europe to hold prominent share of global automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market
- Asia Pacific is projected to hold a major share of the global automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market due to an increase in production of vehicles across the region. Asia Pacific consists of major developing countries, including India and South Korea, which have considerable presence of vehicle manufacturing industries who have major research and development facilities regarding fuel emission reduction. Stringent rules regarding fuel emission norms and introduction of Euro 6 in several countries in Asia Pacific are projected to boost the automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market in Asia Pacific.
- Followed by Asia Pacific, Europe also holds a notable share of the global automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market due to a rise in awareness about environment pollution across the region. Governments of various countries across Europe are taking initiatives for emission control of greenhouse gases from the transportation industry including off highways, automotive, rolling stock, marine and industrial vehicles. Key players from Europe, including Johnson matthey and Umicore, have superior research and development facilities that are focused on oxidation catalyst, which in turn is estimated to fuel the automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market
The global automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market are:
- BASF SE
- Johnson Matthey
- Tenneco Inc.
- ZeoLyst International
- Heraeus Holdings
- Cataler Corporation
- Sinocat Environmental Technology Co. Ltd
- Nett Technologies Inc.
- Donaldson Company Inc.
- Shuster Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market, by Metal Type
- Palladium Based
- Platinum Based
- Rhodium Based
- Other (Vanadium Based)
Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market, by Catalyst Type
- Two way catalyst
- Three way catalyst
- Four way catalyst
Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market, by Propulsion Type
Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.