Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market: Introduction
- The vehicle oxidation catalyst is designed to reduce the discharge of noxious gases including carbon monoxide (CO), nitrogen oxides (NO), and hydrocarbons (HC) from the engine and other parts of the vehicle. Platinum group metals (PGM) including palladium, platinum, and rhodium are commonly utilized as a catalyst for emission control. These catalyst provide 90% reduction of carbon dioxide and 80% reduction of hydrocarbon with low to high exhaust gas temperature.
- The catalytic converter is an exhaust emission control device that comprises ceramic pellets coated with a thin layer of metals such as palladium, rhodium, and platinum. These metals acts as a catalyst, which converts noxious gases into less toxic pollutants and help reduce their effect on the environment. These devices are integrated into combustion chambers, ignition systems, and intake manifolds, which control exhaust emissions and boost the fuel economy of vehicles.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market
- Demand for gasoline engines is rising due to their light weight, and palladium metal is extensively utilized as oxidation catalyst in gasoline engines, as compared to that in diesel engines. This, in turn, is estimated to boost the automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market across the globe. According to World Health Organization (WHO), seven million people across the globe die every year due to air pollution. Moreover, 9 out of 10 people breathe air that contains high levels of pollutant gases. The key reason behind this situation is a rise in number of vehicles across the globe that emits exhaust gases. This vehicle emission can be controlled by using suitable oxidation catalyst. This, in turn, is expected to boost the global automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market.
- Governments across the globe have enacted stringent regulations on the emission of pollutants from vehicles caused due to the combustion of fuels including petrol, diesel, and biodiesel. Euro 6 or BS6 are the latest emission regulations that specify the permissible amount of gases such as carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, and carbon monoxide. This is estimated to propel the global automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific and Europe to hold prominent share of global automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market
- Asia Pacific is projected to hold a major share of the global automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market due to an increase in production of vehicles across the region. Asia Pacific consists of major developing countries, including India and South Korea, which have considerable presence of vehicle manufacturing industries who have major research and development facilities regarding fuel emission reduction. Stringent rules regarding fuel emission norms and introduction of Euro 6 in several countries in Asia Pacific are projected to boost the automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market in Asia Pacific.
- Followed by Asia Pacific, Europe also holds a notable share of the global automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market due to a rise in awareness about environment pollution across the region. Governments of various countries across Europe are taking initiatives for emission control of greenhouse gases from the transportation industry including off highways, automotive, rolling stock, marine and industrial vehicles. Key players from Europe, including Johnson matthey and Umicore, have superior research and development facilities that are focused on oxidation catalyst, which in turn is estimated to fuel the automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market
The global automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market are:
- BASF SE
- Johnson Matthey
- Tenneco Inc.
- ZeoLyst International
- Heraeus Holdings
- Cataler Corporation
- Sinocat Environmental Technology Co. Ltd
- Nett Technologies Inc.
- Donaldson Company Inc.
- Shuster Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market, by Metal Type
- Palladium Based
- Platinum Based
- Rhodium Based
- Other (Vanadium Based)
Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market, by Catalyst Type
- Two way catalyst
- Three way catalyst
- Four way catalyst
Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market, by Propulsion Type
Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This upcoming business intelligence report is intended to be a one-stop market research solution to guide organizations in taking timely and effective decisions for their business growth. The ongoing study is the culmination of our deep expertise on data science methods, combined with an unparalleled understanding of the external environment and analysis of the industries. Each of the reports by TMR aims at offering a detailed scrutiny of the value chain of our current and prospective customers, takes them from identifying value propositions, and subsequently assist their business executives to implement right strategies to create customer value. We believe that creating and sustaining the customer value is the key pivot on which business executives can create profits for their organizations and increase the market shares, continuously and with sustainability.
Each of our touchpoints through which we engage with the organization/enterprise during the primary research enables us to understand the internal environment it operates in and the ways in which the external environment influences its growth.
Always Evolving with Competition
Excellence is built into the DNA of TMR, and all our teams work collaboratively and committedly toward achieving that in whatever they do. From the very first interaction our teams of research analysts have with any interested market participant to the final preparation processes in each of our reports reflects a rigorous understanding of the dynamic industry environment that businesses operate in.
We relentlessly work to be a differentiator in whatever we do in the current era of hypercompetitive global environment. The result of our unceasing focus on excellence is reflected clearly in the insights and guidance we offer to our customers in order to empower them to create brand equity. Our simple yet very powerful underpinning for navigating the competition is to always keep evolving with changing business environments. Our close-kinit team of research analysts not only believe in this simple philosophy but also implement the same.
Constantly Innovating Our Research Methodologies and Models
We do not limit with any specific market research tool or one standard approach for obtaining or analyzing data. Undoubtedly, our report making process is ever-evolving to meet the customer needs and demands supported broadly by a vast knowledge of data science methods that we combine with business acumen our teams have built upon for several years. Evidently, our primary and secondary research data about customers and consumers have shown that we can go to any lengths to obtain them. This is followed by applying next-gen automation tools integrated with human judgement to clear the clutter, ascertain the most relevant and recent qualitative and quantitative insights, and package them in digestible chunks in our reports for our customers.
We Take Pride in No-One-Size-Fits-All Approach
Over the past several years, we have been conducting market intelligence studies across all industries for all types of organizations — big and small, profit and not-for-profit, and Fortune 500 and Unicorns, as we believe that a sound decision making must be based on no-one-size-fits-all approach. Without doubt, each of the organizations regardless of the industry they are in are affected differently by changes in political, economic, socio-culture, legal, ecological, and legal environments. The research models and the value chain analysis process that our analysts employ for conducting the study uphold this approach.
We look at myriad components of internal and external business environment affecting the growth strategies of organizations. Some of the broader aspects that we focus on are:
- Our team of Analysts and Support Teams always strive to see the bigger picture in life cycle stages of any industry
- The Teams focus on obtaining valuable insights into different models of competitive advantage while making an internal environment analysis
- They keep on modifying the value chain analysis processes of organizations to understand on how customer value is created
Some areas of assessing market dynamics that are used in the research models and methodologies adopted by our analysts can be summarized as:
- Corporate and business strategies underlying new brand positioning strategies
- Mapping for strategic planning for business units
- Various metrics for business portfolio analysis, including BCG matrix
- Value chain analysis
These will help create and sustain competitive advantage for our prospects and current customers.
Key focus areas and agenda that underpin and catalyze our primary and secondary research initiatives and endeavors are:
- What are some of the core competencies and distinctive competencies of new entrants and established players in the industry we are analyzing?
- What are some of the branding opportunities that are emerging at a rapid pace?
- What are the major competitive forces and elements of external environment shaping the industry life cycle stages of most organizations?
- Why some competitive strategies are popular than others among leaders in a certain market?
- What customer-based brand equity strategies companies have leveraged in a certain industry or set of related industries in a sector?
- What are some of the key pricing strategies that companies in an industry are implementing for marketing their products internationally?
- Identifying whether market-push or market-pull strategies are more relevant to a certain product or a service?
Disclaimer: This ongoing market research study is a meticulously planned activity where a broad array of factors and aspects that shape the marketing environment and industry are taken into account. However, keeping in mind the constantly changing nature of business dynamics and changing strategic intents, we are always actively making iterations and modifications in our approaches. As always, we are ready to tailor our insights and guidance to suit your requirements. Engage with us to know what more is there for your CXOs.