Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market: Introduction
- The vehicle oxidation catalyst is designed to reduce the discharge of noxious gases including carbon monoxide (CO), nitrogen oxides (NO), and hydrocarbons (HC) from the engine and other parts of the vehicle. Platinum group metals (PGM) including palladium, platinum, and rhodium are commonly utilized as a catalyst for emission control. These catalyst provide 90% reduction of carbon dioxide and 80% reduction of hydrocarbon with low to high exhaust gas temperature.
- The catalytic converter is an exhaust emission control device that comprises ceramic pellets coated with a thin layer of metals such as palladium, rhodium, and platinum. These metals acts as a catalyst, which converts noxious gases into less toxic pollutants and help reduce their effect on the environment. These devices are integrated into combustion chambers, ignition systems, and intake manifolds, which control exhaust emissions and boost the fuel economy of vehicles.
Key Drivers of Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market
- Demand for gasoline engines is rising due to their light weight, and palladium metal is extensively utilized as oxidation catalyst in gasoline engines, as compared to that in diesel engines. This, in turn, is estimated to boost the automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market across the globe. According to World Health Organization (WHO), seven million people across the globe die every year due to air pollution. Moreover, 9 out of 10 people breathe air that contains high levels of pollutant gases. The key reason behind this situation is a rise in number of vehicles across the globe that emits exhaust gases. This vehicle emission can be controlled by using suitable oxidation catalyst. This, in turn, is expected to boost the global automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market.
- Governments across the globe have enacted stringent regulations on the emission of pollutants from vehicles caused due to the combustion of fuels including petrol, diesel, and biodiesel. Euro 6 or BS6 are the latest emission regulations that specify the permissible amount of gases such as carbon monoxide, nitrogen oxide, and carbon monoxide. This is estimated to propel the global automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market.
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Asia Pacific and Europe to hold prominent share of global automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market
- Asia Pacific is projected to hold a major share of the global automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market due to an increase in production of vehicles across the region. Asia Pacific consists of major developing countries, including India and South Korea, which have considerable presence of vehicle manufacturing industries who have major research and development facilities regarding fuel emission reduction. Stringent rules regarding fuel emission norms and introduction of Euro 6 in several countries in Asia Pacific are projected to boost the automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market in Asia Pacific.
- Followed by Asia Pacific, Europe also holds a notable share of the global automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market due to a rise in awareness about environment pollution across the region. Governments of various countries across Europe are taking initiatives for emission control of greenhouse gases from the transportation industry including off highways, automotive, rolling stock, marine and industrial vehicles. Key players from Europe, including Johnson matthey and Umicore, have superior research and development facilities that are focused on oxidation catalyst, which in turn is estimated to fuel the automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market in the region.
Key Players Operating in Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market
The global automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive vehicle oxidation catalyst market are:
- BASF SE
- Johnson Matthey
- Tenneco Inc.
- ZeoLyst International
- Heraeus Holdings
- Cataler Corporation
- Sinocat Environmental Technology Co. Ltd
- Nett Technologies Inc.
- Donaldson Company Inc.
- Shuster Corporation
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market, Request for a Sample
Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial Vehicle
Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market, by Metal Type
- Palladium Based
- Platinum Based
- Rhodium Based
- Other (Vanadium Based)
Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market, by Catalyst Type
- Two way catalyst
- Three way catalyst
- Four way catalyst
Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market, by Propulsion Type
Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Vehicle Oxidation Catalyst Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis