Automotive Twin Camshaft: Introduction
- Automotive twin camshaft is an arrangement of two parallel camshafts inside the cylinder of an engine. Twin camshaft consists of two valves?one is for inlet valve and the other for exhaust valve. Generally, twin camshafts are driven either by a chain drive or belt drive; however, majority of twin camshafts are belt-driven as the cost of belt drive is less as compared to that of chain-driven camshafts.
- Best way to Increase airflow through the engine cylinder head. Twin camshafts help introduce air into the engine cylinder head, which in turn is expected to enhance efficiency of the engine. The opening and closing of inlet and exhaust valves is carried out by the camshafts. The parallel arrangement of twin camshafts is projected to improve engine valve timing and subsequently, boost the performance of an engine.
Key Drivers of Automotive Twin Camshaft Market
- Currently, rapid urbanization and development of smart cities across the globe is driving the demand for passenger vehicles and subsequently, for twin camshaft. This, in turn, is projected to boost the automotive twin camshaft market. Advantages of using twin camshaft include improvement in efficiency of an engine. Consequently, an increase in demand for efficient engines, globally, is estimated to propel the global automotive twin camshaft market. Most vehicle manufacturers are introducing assembled camshafts in their vehicles for the better performance, which is anticipated to further fuel the automotive twin camshaft market.
- Rise in demand for light weight vehicles, due to the lower consumption of fuel, is projected to boost the demand for light weight engines and subsequently for light weight camshafts. Expansion of the automotive sector across the globe has prompted various vehicle manufacturers to invest in twin camshaft manufacturing companies across the globe, which in turn is estimated to drive the global automotive twin camshaft market.
For Right Perspective & Competitive Insights on Automotive Twin Camshaft Market, Request for a Sample
Europe, Asia Pacific, and North America to hold prominent share of automotive twin camshaft market
- In Europe, Germany is expected to account for a major share of the automotive twin camshaft market due to the presence of a prominent automobile industry and considerably high production of vehicles in the country. Asia Pacific follows Europe in terms of share of the automotive twin camshaft market, due to increase in production of vehicles in Asia Pacific. Increase in demand for passenger vehicles in India and China boosts the demand for twin camshaft and subsequently, propels the automotive twin camshaft market.
- North America accounts for a significantly major share of the global automotive twin camshaft market, as the U.S. is a prominent automobile manufacturer across the globe. Most Tier 1 supplier have presence in the U.S., who manufactures twin camshaft, and has major research and development facilities. This, in turn, is estimated to boost the automotive twin camshaft market.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Twin Camshaft Market
The global automotive twin camshaft market is highly concentrated owing to the presence of top manufacturers. A few of the key players operating in the automotive twin camshaft market are:
- JBM Industries
- JD Norman Industries Inc.
- Mahle GmbH
- Meritor Inc.
- Varroc Group
- PCL India
- ThyssenKrupp AG
- Precision Camshaft Ltd.
- Linamar Corporation
- Schrick Camshaft
Are you a start-up willing to make it big in the business? Grab an exclusive PDF Brochure of this report
Global Automotive Twin Camshaft Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Twin Camshaft Market, by Vehicle Type
- Passenger Vehicle
- Commercial vehicle
Global Automotive Twin Camshaft Market, by Fuel Type
Global Automotive Twin Camshaft Market, by Manufacturing Technology
- Cast Camshaft
- Forged Camshaft
- Assembled Camshaft
Global Automotive Twin Camshaft Market, by Engine Type
- V- Engine
- W- Engine
- Inline Engine
Global Automotive Twin Camshaft Market, by Sales Channel
The report offers a comprehensive evaluation of the market. It does so via in-depth qualitative insights, historical data, and verifiable projections about market size. The projections featured in the report have been derived using proven research methodologies and assumptions. By doing so, the research report serves as a repository of analysis and information for every facet of the market, including but not limited to: Regional markets, technology, types, and applications.
The study is a source of reliable data on:
- Market segments and sub-segments
- Market trends and dynamics
- Supply and demand
- Market size
- Current trends/opportunities/challenges
- Competitive landscape
- Technological breakthroughs
- Value chain and stakeholder analysis
The regional analysis covers:
- North America (U.S. and Canada)
- Latin America (Mexico, Brazil, Peru, Chile, and others)
- Western Europe (Germany, U.K., France, Spain, Italy, Nordic countries, Belgium, Netherlands, and Luxembourg)
- Eastern Europe (Poland and Russia)
- Asia Pacific (China, India, Japan, ASEAN, Australia, and New Zealand)
- Middle East and Africa (GCC, Southern Africa, and North Africa)
The report has been compiled through extensive primary research (through interviews, surveys, and observations of seasoned analysts) and secondary research (which entails reputable paid sources, trade journals, and industry body databases). The report also features a complete qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
A separate analysis of prevailing trends in the parent market, macro- and micro-economic indicators, and regulations and mandates is included under the purview of the study. By doing so, the report projects the attractiveness of each major segment over the forecast period.
Highlights of the report:
- A complete backdrop analysis, which includes an assessment of the parent market
- Important changes in market dynamics
- Market segmentation up to the second or third level
- Historical, current, and projected size of the market from the standpoint of both value and volume
- Reporting and evaluation of recent industry developments
- Market shares and strategies of key players
- Emerging niche segments and regional markets
- An objective assessment of the trajectory of the market
- Recommendations to companies for strengthening their foothold in the market
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.