Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market: Introduction
- Increase in production of premium and luxury vehicles cross the globe and demand for integration of premium features in vehicles is expected to propel the automotive top mount sunroof market during the forecast period.
- Automotive top mount sunroof are mounted on the top of the vehicle roof without using any headroom. This sunroof uses tracks to slide back and forth for opening and closing of sunroof glass. Moreover, the top mount sunroof also has wind defectors, which just pop-up to eliminate wind noise. The top mount sunroof is available in two different shades; one is transparent and the other is in tinted color.
Key Drivers of Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market
- Increasing demand for sedans, SUVs, and other premium and luxury vehicles in developed and developing countries boosts the top mount sunroof market. Manufacturers provide several innovative and advanced features in premium and luxury vehicles in order to improve the comfort and safety of consumers. Hence, sunroofs are considered as a comfort solution and also used as a unique selling proposition, which is widely included in premium and luxury vehicles. Therefore, rising integration of innovative features in the vehicle to enhance comfort level of consumers is expected to fuel the global automotive top mount sunroof market.
- Furthermore, in 2020, global automotive production stood at around 78 million units, which is around 16% less than the production in 2019. Therefore, an increase in production of automobiles across the globe prompts automotive component manufacturers to collaborate and form alliances with other automakers to boost sales and product demand, which in turn increases the consumption and demand for automotive top mount sunroof.
Challenges in Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market
- The installation and maintenance cost of top mount sunroof is high, and it is installed by OEMs and in the aftermarket segment. Sometimes installation is not proper, which leads to leakage in the long run and hence requires maintenance that increases the cost. These factor hampers the automotive top mount sunroof market.
- The COVID-19 pandemic led to the shutdown of vehicle manufacturing processes and decline in automotive sales, which in turn hindered the demand for top mount sunroof. Moreover, national and international boarders were closed, which led to the disruption of global supply chains and resulted in shortage of raw materials that are required for the production of sunroof. Furthermore, the COVID-19 pandemic also impacted vehicle manufacturing processes of components, which hindered the production of sunroofs that were used in the aftermarket segment.
Opportunities in Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market
- Increasing incentives by governments across the globe to increase the production capacity of EVs is anticipated to propel automotive top mounted sunroof market during the forecast period. Moreover, governments have enacted several regulatory policies that focus on the environment and state that electric vehicles emit zero pollutants as compared to that emitted by petrol and diesel IC engine vehicles. Therefore, increasing production and demand for electric vehicles is expected to create significant opportunities for the automotive top mount sunroof market.
- Rising trend of automotive sunroof in majority of developing countries is boosting the demand for installation of sunroof on existing vehicles, which further enhance the demand for top mount sunroofs in the aftermarket segment. Moreover, commercial buses and premium trucks are projected to witness high demand for top mount sunroof in the near future.
Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Significantly
- Popularity of automotive top mount sunroof is significantly high in Asia Pacific, due to rising sales of passenger cars, SUVs, and luxury cars, and rising trend of integration of sunroof and the presence of domestic and international automotive part manufacturers in the region. Moreover, demand for premium and electric vehicles is considerably high in Asia Pacific, which further boost the market in the region. China registered the production of around 22 million units of passenger cars in 2020, which is the highest across the globe. Therefore, demand for automotive top mounted sunroofs is estimated to be considerably high in the aftermarket segment of the market in Asia Pacific. Moreover, countries in Asia also have a significantly high number of registered vehicles, which is likely to offer significant opportunities for the market.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market
The automotive top mount sunroof market is highly consolidated. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive top mount sunroof market are:
- CIE Automotive
- Summit Sound & Security, Ltd.
- Webasto Roof Systems, Inc.
- Auto Sound Company, Inc.
- Inalfa Roof Systems Group B.V.
- Johnan America, Inc.
- Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd.
- Yachiyo Industry Co., Ltd.
- BOS GmbH & Co. KG
- Inteva Products, LLC.
Global Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market, by Material
Global Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market, by Operation
- Manually Operated
Global Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market, by Vehicle Type
- Electric Vehicles
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Buses and Coaches
Global Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
This study by TMR is all-encompassing framework of the dynamics of the market. It mainly comprises critical assessment of consumers' or customers' journeys, current and emerging avenues, and strategic framework to enable CXOs take effective decisions.
Our key underpinning is the 4-Quadrant Framework EIRS that offers detailed visualization of four elements:
- Customer Experience Maps
- Insights and Tools based on data-driven research
- Actionable Results to meet all the business priorities
- Strategic Frameworks to boost the growth journey
The study strives to evaluate the current and future growth prospects, untapped avenues, factors shaping their revenue potential, and demand and consumption patterns in the global market by breaking it into region-wise assessment.
The following regional segments are covered comprehensively:
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- The Middle East and Africa
The EIRS quadrant framework in the report sums up our wide spectrum of data-driven research and advisory for CXOs to help them make better decisions for their businesses and stay as leaders.
Below is a snapshot of these quadrants.
1. Customer Experience Map
The study offers an in-depth assessment of various customers’ journeys pertinent to the market and its segments. It offers various customer impressions about the products and service use. The analysis takes a closer look at their pain points and fears across various customer touchpoints. The consultation and business intelligence solutions will help interested stakeholders, including CXOs, define customer experience maps tailored to their needs. This will help them aim at boosting customer engagement with their brands.
2. Insights and Tools
The various insights in the study are based on elaborate cycles of primary and secondary research the analysts engage with during the course of research. The analysts and expert advisors at TMR adopt industry-wide, quantitative customer insights tools and market projection methodologies to arrive at results, which makes them reliable. The study not just offers estimations and projections, but also an uncluttered evaluation of these figures on the market dynamics. These insights merge data-driven research framework with qualitative consultations for business owners, CXOs, policy makers, and investors. The insights will also help their customers overcome their fears.
3. Actionable Results
The findings presented in this study by TMR are an indispensable guide for meeting all business priorities, including mission-critical ones. The results when implemented have shown tangible benefits to business stakeholders and industry entities to boost their performance. The results are tailored to fit the individual strategic framework. The study also illustrates some of the recent case studies on solving various problems by companies they faced in their consolidation journey.
4. Strategic Frameworks
The study equips businesses and anyone interested in the market to frame broad strategic frameworks. This has become more important than ever, given the current uncertainty due to COVID-19. The study deliberates on consultations to overcome various such past disruptions and foresees new ones to boost the preparedness. The frameworks help businesses plan their strategic alignments for recovery from such disruptive trends. Further, analysts at TMR helps you break down the complex scenario and bring resiliency in uncertain times.
The report sheds light on various aspects and answers pertinent questions on the market. Some of the important ones are:
1. What can be the best investment choices for venturing into new product and service lines?
2. What value propositions should businesses aim at while making new research and development funding?
3. Which regulations will be most helpful for stakeholders to boost their supply chain network?
4. Which regions might see the demand maturing in certain segments in near future?
5. What are the some of the best cost optimization strategies with vendors that some well-entrenched players have gained success with?
6. Which are the key perspectives that the C-suite are leveraging to move businesses to new growth trajectory?
7. Which government regulations might challenge the status of key regional markets?
8. How will the emerging political and economic scenario affect opportunities in key growth areas?
9. What are some of the value-grab opportunities in various segments?
10. What will be the barrier to entry for new players in the market?
Note: Although care has been taken to maintain the highest levels of accuracy in TMR’s reports, recent market/vendor-specific changes may take time to reflect in the analysis.