Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market: Introduction
- Increase in production of premium and luxury vehicles cross the globe and demand for integration of premium features in vehicles is expected to propel the automotive top mount sunroof market during the forecast period.
- Automotive top mount sunroof are mounted on the top of the vehicle roof without using any headroom. This sunroof uses tracks to slide back and forth for opening and closing of sunroof glass. Moreover, the top mount sunroof also has wind defectors, which just pop-up to eliminate wind noise. The top mount sunroof is available in two different shades; one is transparent and the other is in tinted color.
Key Drivers of Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market
- Increasing demand for sedans, SUVs, and other premium and luxury vehicles in developed and developing countries boosts the top mount sunroof market. Manufacturers provide several innovative and advanced features in premium and luxury vehicles in order to improve the comfort and safety of consumers. Hence, sunroofs are considered as a comfort solution and also used as a unique selling proposition, which is widely included in premium and luxury vehicles. Therefore, rising integration of innovative features in the vehicle to enhance comfort level of consumers is expected to fuel the global automotive top mount sunroof market.
- Furthermore, in 2020, global automotive production stood at around 78 million units, which is around 16% less than the production in 2019. Therefore, an increase in production of automobiles across the globe prompts automotive component manufacturers to collaborate and form alliances with other automakers to boost sales and product demand, which in turn increases the consumption and demand for automotive top mount sunroof.
Challenges in Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market
- The installation and maintenance cost of top mount sunroof is high, and it is installed by OEMs and in the aftermarket segment. Sometimes installation is not proper, which leads to leakage in the long run and hence requires maintenance that increases the cost. These factor hampers the automotive top mount sunroof market.
- The COVID-19 pandemic led to the shutdown of vehicle manufacturing processes and decline in automotive sales, which in turn hindered the demand for top mount sunroof. Moreover, national and international boarders were closed, which led to the disruption of global supply chains and resulted in shortage of raw materials that are required for the production of sunroof. Furthermore, the COVID-19 pandemic also impacted vehicle manufacturing processes of components, which hindered the production of sunroofs that were used in the aftermarket segment.
Opportunities in Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market
- Increasing incentives by governments across the globe to increase the production capacity of EVs is anticipated to propel automotive top mounted sunroof market during the forecast period. Moreover, governments have enacted several regulatory policies that focus on the environment and state that electric vehicles emit zero pollutants as compared to that emitted by petrol and diesel IC engine vehicles. Therefore, increasing production and demand for electric vehicles is expected to create significant opportunities for the automotive top mount sunroof market.
- Rising trend of automotive sunroof in majority of developing countries is boosting the demand for installation of sunroof on existing vehicles, which further enhance the demand for top mount sunroofs in the aftermarket segment. Moreover, commercial buses and premium trucks are projected to witness high demand for top mount sunroof in the near future.
Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market in Asia Pacific to Expand Significantly
- Popularity of automotive top mount sunroof is significantly high in Asia Pacific, due to rising sales of passenger cars, SUVs, and luxury cars, and rising trend of integration of sunroof and the presence of domestic and international automotive part manufacturers in the region. Moreover, demand for premium and electric vehicles is considerably high in Asia Pacific, which further boost the market in the region. China registered the production of around 22 million units of passenger cars in 2020, which is the highest across the globe. Therefore, demand for automotive top mounted sunroofs is estimated to be considerably high in the aftermarket segment of the market in Asia Pacific. Moreover, countries in Asia also have a significantly high number of registered vehicles, which is likely to offer significant opportunities for the market.
Key Players Operating in Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market
The automotive top mount sunroof market is highly consolidated. A few of the key players operating in the global automotive top mount sunroof market are:
- CIE Automotive
- Summit Sound & Security, Ltd.
- Webasto Roof Systems, Inc.
- Auto Sound Company, Inc.
- Inalfa Roof Systems Group B.V.
- Johnan America, Inc.
- Aisin Seiki Co., Ltd.
- Yachiyo Industry Co., Ltd.
- BOS GmbH & Co. KG
- Inteva Products, LLC.
Global Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market: Research Scope
Global Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market, by Material
Global Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market, by Operation
- Manually Operated
Global Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market, by Vehicle Type
- Electric Vehicles
- Passenger Vehicle
- Utility Vehicles
- Light Commercial Vehicle
- Buses and Coaches
Global Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market, by Sales Channel
Global Automotive Top Mount Sunroof Market, by Region
- North America
- Nordic Region
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Interested in this report?
Get a FREE Brochure now!